home

Author Topic: Dietrich Feuerbach's Mercenary Company - The Blackfeather Band  (Read 2928 times)

Offline BadgersinHills

• Members
Hello all! I lurked here for a while, and I think I should contribute to the forum. So, I've decided to share my pictures and stories with you all. :)

These state troops are heavily WiP, but I think they're coming along nicely.

I also wrote a little piece of fluff for the army.

Dietrich Feuerbach stared at the man before him incredulously. He would not have given the man a second glance if this was a normal day, but this was far from a normal day. First, a Dark Elf attack, and when that was repelled a ragged band of men marching into his camp without a worry and claiming to have served under his missing father.
                                    He frowned as he thought of his father, the Elector Count of Talabecland who had vanished one day, leaving no trace of his disappearance. Yet, before him was a man claiming to know where his father was. He often wondered how Helmut would have reacted to his illegitimate son, an accomplished warrior in his own right and the leader of his very own mercenary company. Well, he would find out soon.
                  “Ask the blacksmith to repair your weapons and have the tailors mend your troops’ uniforms. After that, report to Hans, commander of the Talabecland regiment. We march in a few days.” He stood and smiled. “Welcome to the Blackfeather Band, Herr Julian.”
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 11:27:20 AM by Ashenwyte »

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
Re: Dietrich Feuerbach's Mercenary Company
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 11:06:14 AM »
Good start - keep up your good work and keep us posted!  :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Dietrich Feuerbach's Mercenary Company - The Blackfeather Band
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 12:59:54 PM »
Looking like a good start, and welcome to W-E!
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 06:41:14 AM »
Nice! and a good piece of fluff as well! keep it coming!  :::cheers:::
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 12:18:21 PM »
A nice little teaser this one.

Looking forward to see your progress!  :-)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline BadgersinHills

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 11:26:40 AM »
Thanks all!  :-)

I'm almost done with the skin, some places need a few touchups but the skin's pretty much done. Instead of my usual Bugman's Glow, Skin Wash and Cadian Fleshtone recipe, I tried a new technique using Vallejo paints and I think it turned out pretty nice. I also painted the little ribbon things on the halberds, as well as the halberd hafts.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 08:04:56 AM »
Is the white meant to be messy? Is that the undercoat, the basecoat, or something more?

The faces came out OK, but do I see some mess around the mouth of the guy with the two-handed sword?

Are you planning to do a unit of these, or go skirmish with few models?

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline BadgersinHills

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 09:45:40 AM »
Hey all,

I'm sorry for not posting for so long, as real life and painter's block got in the way. I've decided to change the colour scheme of the army to a blue-gray and red. Here's a test model for the new colour scheme.

@Zygmund: The white was the basecoat, and would have been neatened up. The skin's messy at the moment, and it needs to be neatened.

I'm using these guys for Age of Sigmar and Kings of War. The army is still in its infancy, but it's going to be big once it's done.

- Ashenwyte.