home

Author Topic: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (update: out)  (Read 303776 times)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (a few giants and Fimir)
« Reply #700 on: August 18, 2016, 01:05:25 PM »
wow perfect, great work dude
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #701 on: August 18, 2016, 02:14:33 PM »
They look really good so far. Are you planning on a mixed unit with old minis, or their own unit? I think they fit the style and posing of your character model, rather than the old school GW. They look modern and great!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Doc J

• Members
  • The Prince of Brooklyn Park
« Reply #702 on: August 18, 2016, 05:09:02 PM »
Good work they look tough. Got any interesting ideas for bases?
In the words of the late great Nicki Minaj - Ya done son

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #703 on: August 18, 2016, 10:25:27 PM »
They look really good so far. Are you planning on a mixed unit with old minis, or their own unit? I think they fit the style and posing of your character model, rather than the old school GW. They look modern and great!

I'm going to try keeping them separated by style. Some of the characters may get mixed around though.

Good work they look tough. Got any interesting ideas for bases?

Bases like those old GW Fimm I posted before. A bit of everything, some shrooms, muddy patches, etc.

Offline Lateksimajava

• Members
« Reply #704 on: August 19, 2016, 08:24:11 AM »
Good job! I like when monstrous infantry does not look too huge.

I would buy one of those older giants for £3,50  :smile2:

Offline Kirgan

• Members
« Reply #705 on: August 19, 2016, 07:17:35 PM »
Love your Fimirs  :happy:
Commission Painting-PM  :)

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #706 on: August 20, 2016, 10:20:20 AM »
They look so good with a bit of paint on them, I think they're going to fit in just fine.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #707 on: August 21, 2016, 06:06:53 AM »
Thanks. We'll see how they look once I get some of the bones, tusks, etc. painted up.

Overdue addition to the giant collection -- a Ral Partha skeletal giant. Measures up well with these three others I've already got! Just needs to get some paint on it sometime soon....

Offline carturello

• Members
  • Tilean soldier, at your service.
« Reply #708 on: August 21, 2016, 08:01:09 AM »
Wow! Some of your piece are incredibile! For example i really love giants.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #709 on: August 21, 2016, 11:24:20 PM »
Just caught upon the Fimir. Bloomin' lovely. The frog spear is great, the rest too. (I refuse, however, to believe that the skaven hands exist. It would be silly to believe in their hands if I don't believe in the rest of them.)
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #710 on: August 23, 2016, 08:54:20 PM »

Just caught upon the Fimir. Bloomin' lovely. The frog spear is great, the rest too. (I refuse, however, to believe that the skaven hands exist. It would be silly to believe in their hands if I don't believe in the rest of them.)

Haha, thanks. It's easy to believe that those are not skaven hands anyway, as they are so ridiculously large for a skaven. If skaven existed. Which they don't.  :wink:

(Random image found on FB)

Still settling in and getting used to the new house. And starting this week, the new school schedule as well. (My daughter is starting kindergarten.) Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to need to continue reducing, both time and stuff.

Optimistically my work & family schedule is going to keep me busy from 5:30am until at least 10pm on most days. The remainder is for sleep and any sort of personal/leisure stuff I can try to squeeze in as an alternate to sleep.

I posted a pic of my new painting/sculpting/hobby space a few days ago. It's a file cabinet and the last 30"+/- of surface space on my work desk. I can fit most of my painting & sculpting supplies in the file, though some of it is in the little green toolbox on top of the desk. I've managed to put many of my gaming & reference books on part of the shelf tucked under the desk. Everything else is temporarily in the garage or damp basement until I can figure out what to do with it.

I've been theoretically "planning" on going to the Oldhammer Day US in about a month, but I haven't been able to find the time to get away for an afternoon of gaming (or anything else) let alone disappearing for three full days. The move and other unexpected expenses have really drained my finances, so I'm not sure the cost of a weekend trip is responsible, or even possible to begin with.

So there it is...  :-(

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #711 on: August 25, 2016, 03:21:49 AM »
023 Family always comes first. But hang in there, ways and means to enjoy your hobby will present themselves, it will all work out over time,  steveb

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #712 on: August 25, 2016, 12:25:52 PM »

Yes it does. I think I'm just getting burned out from not getting a break. The hour or so of late night time to myself in the attic was my last option to "recharge" and de-stress. (Not just the painting, I haven't been on my bike, or out hiking/camping in years, etc.) So it's more like I'm constantly on the go until I'm exhausted and pass out at the end of the day. I'm also not as young as I once was.

At any rate, I ended up with a little bit of unexpected time last night, before the first day of the new schedule today. Someone was exhausted from yesterday's school orientation and was practically falling asleep at the dinner table.  :icon_lol: So before tackling the pile of parental paperwork, I ended up squeezing a final half hour of painting to finish my super quick & dirty (as it should be!) skeleton giant. My basing materials are still packed away, so it may be a while before he's 100% finished. (I think I need to give the teeth a little more definition (between them) too.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #713 on: August 25, 2016, 12:29:09 PM »
Yes it does. I think I'm just getting burned out from not getting a break. The hour or so of late night time to myself in the attic was my last option to "recharge" and de-stress. (Not just the painting, I haven't been on my bike, or out hiking/camping in years, etc.) So it's more like I'm constantly on the go until I'm exhausted and pass out at the end of the day. I'm also not as young as I once was.

You just described my everyday.
Except without the attic.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline steveb

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Skeletal Giant)
« Reply #714 on: August 25, 2016, 04:45:47 PM »
Glad to hear you found some time, the skellie giant looks really good, how about a gap in the teeth like one fell or got knocked out?  As for the rest wait until you are in your 60's you will have the all time you want to paint, but you will not have the eyesight, the steady hands, joints that don't ache when sitting  in one position for a length of time, and the memory of where you put the bottle of paint and the brush that you want.  Still painting is the best de-stressor that I have found.  Best wishes.  steveb

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #715 on: August 26, 2016, 12:00:01 AM »
Agreed with everyone else on painting being a great destresser, even though I'm pretty terrible at it.

The skeleton giant looks great. The tattered and rusted armor turned out fantastic.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #716 on: August 30, 2016, 01:33:58 AM »
As for the rest wait until you are in your 60's you will have the all time you want to paint, but you will not have the eyesight, the steady hands, joints that don't ache when sitting  in one position for a length of time, and the memory of where you put the bottle of paint and the brush that you want.

I've always been ahead of the curve. My back, and more recently my eyes and right hand have become more troublesome than just a few years ago. But I'm getting by.

Still painting is the best de-stressor that I have found.

Agreed with everyone else on painting being a great destresser, even though I'm pretty terrible at it.

When I was younger, I made attempts at various meditations, but none ever worked the way they're supposed to. My mind is always too noisy & distracted. Eventually I realized that painting is what does it for me. Sometimes I will literally go into some sort of "transcendental" state, or whatever, and will lose track of time, thoughts, etc. and discover that and hour or more has passed and I have some painted miniatures in front of me that I barely (if at all) remember painting. Sometimes I will just snap out of it with a mind full of "red" or whatever color I got lost in. Checkerboard patterns are great for that too!

The only other thing that really compares is a nice long distance bike ride -- which has not happened for me in far longer. (5 years?!) The benefit of that is, obviously, the physical health aspect. At some point I hope to get back to that as well. I'm still working on getting my daughter on a two-wheeler (and she's excited to do so, too!) As soon as she does, we're getting to work on long distance stamina.  :wink:

So.... new stuff! I'm going to post the photos below as a teaser. But I'm to lazy to even cut & paste, so if you want to know what's going on, check out my blog entry.

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #717 on: August 30, 2016, 11:55:44 PM »
ha! the faux warhammer armies pages are awesome! Is there an app for that? Or more to the point is there a simple one click solution to make the photos look like drawings?
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #718 on: August 31, 2016, 12:44:06 AM »
ha! the faux warhammer armies pages are awesome! Is there an app for that?

Photoshop.  :wink:

Or more to the point is there a simple one click solution to make the photos look like drawings?

The Prisma phone app got me 90% of the way there. The finishing touches were once again, Photoshop. A lot of that last bit could probably be done on any good image editor, either phone, tablet, or desktop. Or even browser based (Pixlr.)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #719 on: September 01, 2016, 03:35:53 AM »
First six giant stat cards printed & laminated. Two of each, one for me, one for opponents.

Need to paint more giants...

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (WFB3 reference sheets/cards)
« Reply #720 on: September 01, 2016, 10:16:23 AM »
Looking great. Using pictures of your actual miniatures on the army list seems obvious now that you've done it ;) Adding that to my enormous gaming to-do list...

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #721 on: September 02, 2016, 07:01:46 PM »
Zero - Have a look in the Other Manufacturers Thread ......................  or here  :engel:

http://www.conquest-games.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47894

Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Illumini

• Members
« Reply #722 on: September 03, 2016, 07:19:05 PM »
The fimir look great. I also very much like the giant cards.
Kislev Army Blog - https://mandollies.com

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #723 on: September 04, 2016, 03:07:21 AM »
Zero - Have a look in the Other Manufacturers Thread ......................  or here  :engel:

http://www.conquest-games.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47894

Thanks! I like the oldschool vibe, but the second one is posed a little stiff. I'd have to see him in person. :wink: And I'll have to see how much they are and how much for the overseas shipping. I've already got a "giant waiting list" and a limited miniatures budget. :wink:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Marienburg reinforcements!)
« Reply #724 on: September 09, 2016, 03:08:06 PM »
I can't believe it's taken me this long to paint some halberdiers. Seriously, these are the first. Just a start, and I'll be using some of my previously painted command figures for now.

I also needed one last hobbit scout, so I dug out an old Grenadier figure I had stripped earlier in the year.