home

Author Topic: Round 9 Scores  (Read 7722 times)

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Round 9 Scores
« on: September 18, 2005, 04:04:58 AM »
For this round there was only one status change. This is a tally of the points scored in this round.

BECHAFEN

Middenland/Kislev:
Gained… 700
Round 9… 34,525

Talabecland:
Gained… 10,600
Round 9… 86,075

HÖHLEBURG

Stirland:
Gained… 2,800
Round 9… 19,950

THE UNEASY WATCHMAN

Middenland/Kislev:
Gained… 750
Round 9… 93,400

Stirland:
Gained… 1,700
Round 9…90,500

UDO’S FALL

Stirland:
Gained… 1,700
Round 9… 54,050

FORT GRIGORY

Talabecland:
Gained… 9,250
Round 9… 9,250

THE BRÜSTENBRUCK

Middenland/Kislev:
Gained… 18,950
Round 9…18,950

Talabecland:
Gained… 2,800
Round 9…16,650

THE BRÜSTENBRUCK is now contested by the Middenland/Kislev Alliance.

________

The website will be updated tomorrow morning (Toronto time).

Soon the end-game journal will be released so don’t go running off just yet.

Thank you to everyone who helped this little test campaign grow into what none of us ever expected.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 07:09:48 AM »
FORT GRIGORY

Talabecland:
Gained… 9,250
Round 9… 9,250

The Fort is contested too, isn't it, none of the factions has the required 50% to control it...
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Gyg

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 07:23:57 AM »
No, because Middenheimers/Kislevites had 13,650 points before.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 08:55:32 AM »
Quote from: cisse
FORT GRIGORY

Talabecland:
Gained… 9,250
Round 9… 9,250

The Fort is contested too, isn't it, none of the factions has the required 50% to control it...

Yes Cisse - we couldn't understand why you suddenly went for Fort Grigory when you had to match the combined totals of us and Stirland, so about 24050 points.

Rorrak spotted the option of the attack, and we discussed it in one of our threads, and then you attacked it - we were surprised.

Still congratulations to the Talabecland group on what I consider a victory even if 'history'  :wink: [or 'our' historians fudge it].

Mind you now we have Brustenbruck under pressure you would have been surrounded in a another week or so and then Bechafen would be under siege and strangled.
 :tongue:
Temporarily we will allow some Ulrican influence, even if it is a bit tainted :wink: .....................

....... and of course once the "Miracle of Kaltenbach" story becomes more widespread and the peasants hear the 'word' from our priests the Ottilia's strange fanatical twisting of the true God's teachings will be dismissed for the maniacal ramblings of a madwoman that they are..................

:wink:  :lol:   Well done anyway to your team.  :clap:  :clap:

:biggriin:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 11:15:44 AM »
Quote from: Midaski

Still congratulations to the Talabecland group on what I consider a victory even if 'history'  :wink: [or 'our' historians fudge it].

Why would they do that? It certainly looks like a victory to me, although a qualified one.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 02:15:17 PM »
I would just like to thank the campaign team, for their marvelous work on this little adventure. If any one ever comes down to Florida on holiday or something drinks are on me, well not true I cant legally buy alchohol but I'll pay the tab  :-D.

I consider you all to be friends, except maybe Stirlanders (just kidding :lol: ) .
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 02:25:50 PM »
Website Updated.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 03:10:18 PM »
Quote from: Midaski

Mind you now we have Brustenbruck under pressure you would have been surrounded in a another week or so and then Bechafen would be under siege and strangled.
 :tongue:
Temporarily we will allow some Ulrican influence, even if it is a bit tainted :wink: .....................

A) Now if you are going to try that, we would just turn our efforts to the Brucke, and you would fail there, due to your small posting abilities. If you tried to faint it there, then we could just sit tight in Bechafen.

B) I don't see you allowing anything, you couldn't beat the Graf's corpse, let alone a living Talabeclander :wink:

Anyways, I believe this means that.... We win?!?!?!
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 03:52:31 PM »
Yes Cisse - we couldn't understand why you suddenly went for Fort Grigory when you had to match the combined totals of us and Stirland, so about 24050 points.

Yep, exactly. But Middenland no longer has the rquired 50% either, so the Fort is contested - only, on the map, it is still in the possession of you Mid's. :wink:
Actually, now I think about it, we could have pulled the same trick at the Watchman - Stirland and Middenland have high scores there, but the difference isn't that big, so a few thousand points from us could have made the Watchman a contested area...
cisse

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2005, 04:17:45 PM »
Sorry Cisse:

Quote from: FAQ
If a rival faction gains the upper hand in a location, it becomes "contested".

A rival faction must first gain 50% CR in a location before it becomes "contested".
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2005, 04:39:24 PM »
Yeah, we kinda wasted our efforts there. I scouted it out, and it looked right, but I forgot that it would be different with three factions there.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 06:59:53 PM »
Aaah, indeed. It seemed I got it wrong there. I thought any faction had to have 50% of the points total to control a location.

Yes, we did waste our efforts a bit then. :wink:
cisse

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2005, 07:41:32 PM »
/should have touched up Brustenbruck instead :?

Oh well, who won, do you think?
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005, 08:32:36 PM »
Not Stirland, at any rate  :wink: .

Both Middenland and Talabecland hold four positions.

Brustenbruck is still "controlled" by Talabecland, but Middenland has a higher control rate there...

Seems like a draw to me  :) . Which is a good explanation fluff wise; nobody gains the upper hand in the Empire, and it remains divided until Magnus the Pious unites the Empire again during the Great War.

Oh, and by the way, on behalf of the Stirland faction; congratz to the victor(s). :clap:

EDIT: Just read GH's post about Talabecland winning because they took Bechafen. All the same to me, congratz anyway  :) .
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 11:31:18 PM »
thanks, but now I will have to get another hat :wink:
Gave into the WoW.

Offline PygmyHippo

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Washington, DC, U.S.A.
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 01:49:35 PM »
No one "wins" in a civil war.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 01:56:52 PM »
A: the Empire was divided in three smaller Empires, so it's not really a civil war.
B: yes, there is: whomever's point has been proven in such a manner that nobody is left to retort, wins. :wink:
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005, 08:34:21 PM »
Lol, but he means if the Empire had been reunited, then the war would have been a waste. But as it is, I agree with Demonslayer, it was not much of a civil war, what with none of them actually even thinking of themselves as part of the same Empire.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2005, 10:49:04 PM »
Where do you get that bull? It is most definitly a civil war, the Campaign Team themselves called it a civil war, duh. Middenland kicked some serious arse!!!
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2005, 08:21:08 AM »
And here I was thinking that Emperor Severin and the Ottillian Empress were actually rulers of an Empire... silly me  :wink: .

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2005, 04:40:59 PM »
Not an Empire - the Empire! All the pretenders to the Imperial Throne consider themselves Emperor of the Empire in its entirity. As far as each one is concerned, each other is a dissident, rebel, and/or usurper. This makes it most definitely a civil war.
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2005, 07:00:56 PM »
Good point. I though Severin and Rheinhilde actually decided to become independant rulers, and were now both attempting to take over the Empire. I never imagined their views were so... twisted  :wink: ...

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2005, 09:44:51 PM »
Twisted is a good word for it. However, as pretty much any fighting between the provinces is hardly new, it cannot really be viewd in the classical sense of a civil war: a united whole splitting and making war on itself. It was technically united, but in practice inter- province warfare was more common than Skaven infestation!

Disclaimer- I am just stating my opinion, please don't yell at me.

P.S. Again
Gave into the WoW.

Offline towishimp

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2005, 06:33:51 AM »
It was definitely a civil war, as the General has said.  You don't have to have all the sides agreeing that it's a civil war for it to be one.  Throughout the entire US civil war, the South was pretty darn sure that it was an independent nation...but it's still called the Civil War, right?

And while I'm posting here, belated congrads to victors.  Well done.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2005, 05:29:55 PM »
Not by the people form the south, still. Most of them call it the War of Northern Aggression or some crap.

But that is besides the point.

Sure it was a civil war, but it had few of the ill effects of a normal civil war.(i.e. no one was taken over, so there was only hard feelings between factions, rather than oppressor and oppressed).

And before you say it: I know Ostermark was taken over :wink:
Gave into the WoW.