home

Author Topic: Other Manufacturers  (Read 683794 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Other Manufacturers
« Reply #1675 on: February 21, 2013, 01:46:39 PM »
I just bought a box of Victrix Napoleonics - obviously not new figures, but really very nice indeed. Anyone looking for 28mm Napoleonics could do much worse than grab a box of these; they were about $35 for 52 figures.
Yep good stuff for Napoleonics.  I recently finished a constructing a unit of 4 bases x 4 figures for 16 minis, and they were a bit fiddly with parts, but worth it for those who like having variety in their line of Napoleonics.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1676 on: February 21, 2013, 01:50:34 PM »
I didn't paint them as barbarians per se because I plan to use them in my Empire army and also as armed medieval peasants in my fantasy skirmish.

They are nice figures, so hopefully my paint-job didn't do the manufacturers a disservice.
I think they look fine.  I'd recommend giving them a bit more variety in color, but other than that, good effort.  I like the figures, too.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1677 on: February 21, 2013, 01:55:56 PM »
I can't believe I haven't seen any of these in an Empire forum!! (Pro Gloria Figures)

Those are gorgeous!  Need to look them up, and maybe get some.

(GP ... focus man, wouldja?)

Oh, right, gotcha.

Offline Blue in vt

• Members
« Reply #1678 on: February 21, 2013, 02:45:07 PM »
Yeah...these are lovely...and the PJs on these examples are stellar!  I see a unit of these in my future!

I love a good pike block... :closed-eyes:

Blue
My Painting and Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Offline Akbar

• Members
« Reply #1679 on: February 21, 2013, 07:10:28 PM »
Foundry has rereleased some WoTR packs, along with some ancient Germans and Babylonians.  They are offering these packs at buy 2-get-1 free for February.  Some of the armoured infantry would be nice for empire greatswords/reiksguard...

http://wargamesfoundry.com/
Does foundry ship to the U.S.?

I once emailed them some questions on product, and didn't get a reply, so I'm wondering if they even care about a sale to a little guy like me.

I think they do. Be persistent, and if you have to, mail the managers. Marcus always answer.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #1680 on: February 22, 2013, 03:55:00 AM »
I ordered something from them a couple of weeks ago - arrived without any problems, delivered promptly to the USA. Good communication, too. Nice people. Recommended.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #1681 on: February 22, 2013, 04:25:02 AM »
Yes, they ship worldwide, and they have decent shipping rates.  Orders over ~$120 ship free worldwide.  If you email marcus @ wargamesfoundry. com you usually get a reply quickly.  Pretty good folk to deal with.  I ordered a bunch of their ancient german cavalry in this months deal.
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #1682 on: February 22, 2013, 02:06:17 PM »
Now I want some pikes...
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline arjunstc

• Members
« Reply #1683 on: February 25, 2013, 05:46:26 AM »
Men-at-arms in plate armour with great weapons from Mirliton's Late Medieval range.

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #1684 on: February 26, 2013, 07:21:52 PM »
Lead adventure miniatures has released their 6th wave of Bruegelburg miniatures:

http://www.lead-adventure.com/index.php?cPath=22

Merchants, Arquebusiers, Greatswords, Sharpshooters

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Offline Blue in vt

• Members
« Reply #1685 on: February 27, 2013, 05:56:02 PM »
Fantastic minis!  I've just placed a small order of arquebusiers and a sharpshooter team....very Interested to see if the hand gunners will
Work with the late 3rd edition metal citadel handgunners....it would be nice to add a little diversity to my unit.

Of course I'll post a comparison shot when they get here.

I wish I could afford the whole lot....I've gotta keep playing the lotto!

Cheers,

Blue

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #1686 on: February 27, 2013, 11:48:18 PM »
you could also stop playing the lotto and put that money towards miniatures... just sayin  :engel:

Looking forward to the comparisons.  Not sure I can manage anything from this release for a few weeks yet...

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #1687 on: February 28, 2013, 09:01:37 AM »
Oh they are so pretty
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #1688 on: March 01, 2013, 04:06:25 AM »
Foundry has started using their ebay store and are selling select ranges at 25% off.  RoW shipping is a flat 5GBP.  Currently, ranges on the ebay store include the perry landsknechts (I think), ex citadel medieval stuff, ex citadel samurai, vikings, and a bunch of other stuff:

http://stores.ebay.ca/WARGAMES-FOUNDRY

Good progress indeed, though I don't see the point of putting discounted stuff on ebay and pay the ebay fees while selling it for more on their own webstore... just make the webstore items cheaper and save the 10% you pay to ebay...

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #1689 on: March 01, 2013, 04:46:59 AM »
damn, some of those original norse are sweettttt
Don't underestimate a halfling, their ladle will do a number on your stomach, and on your head.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1690 on: March 01, 2013, 01:48:41 PM »
Foundry has started using their ebay store and are selling select ranges at 25% off.  RoW shipping is a flat 5GBP. 

I've been monitoring the UK version for a week or two now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ssn=foundryminiatures&rt=nc

- they promoted it here via email as though it was a SALE of excess stock - problem is 25% is not enough - they are still over priced.  :engel:

They are supposed to be going to Salute this year for the first time for ages - maybe they will have their 'bargain bins'.

There are usually a couple of stalls with some Foundry blisters and I have been known to browse through them and select the odd few -  :closed-eyes:  especially when you can get a deal at around £4 a blister.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 08:37:14 PM by Midaski »
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1691 on: March 01, 2013, 05:25:20 PM »
Some rather cool looking future infantry, perhaps suitable for Imperial Guard. http://wargamesfactory.com/webstore/dreamforge-games

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1692 on: March 01, 2013, 08:20:45 PM »
Not my cup of tea, but maybe some of you evil ones might like them .......

Conquest Games - bit different from his Dark Age Normans   :biggriin:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #1693 on: March 01, 2013, 09:19:32 PM »
Some rather cool looking future infantry, perhaps suitable for Imperial Guard. http://wargamesfactory.com/webstore/dreamforge-games

I very loosely watched the kickstarter for that stuff.  Quite a bit more pricey than the usual WF fare - especially the big walker thing.  Sure its 8.5"tall, but its still a generic figure for mostly a counts-as futuristic fare, and it costs $120.  How tall is the silly GK dreadknight diaper-marine-walker thingy that is half the price? http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1340003&prodId=prod1160010a

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1694 on: March 02, 2013, 08:11:43 PM »
The price of the walker did shock me, but the cost of the infantry ($2.20 per figure, basically) didn't seem too high - especially as they look like really nice sculpts. Compared to the GW stuff at $2.90 a figure, that isn't bad. They have a very unique look which would work well for some armies (such as Inquisitorial forces - likely what I will use them for).

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #1695 on: March 02, 2013, 09:59:23 PM »
Do they have their own ruleset to play?  If they are purely 'not-40k' spin offs, then they would need to be considerably cheaper to do well, IMO.  I guess the figures are produced and packaged by WF, but were developed by a different company?  That would explain why they don't follow the traditional WF pricing strategy of dirt cheap...

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1696 on: March 03, 2013, 01:29:13 AM »
Yeah, I think they have their own game / background. They aren't just generic troops. And they are a different company - I think Dreamforge is a ruleset maker, and they contracted WF to do the design and tooling.

To be honest, they look nicer than the regular WF models. I'm actually pretty excited about them. If the FLGS has some in next time I go, I might grab a box.

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #1697 on: March 03, 2013, 02:39:00 AM »
In the brief look I had, they did look like better models with crisper details.  However I don't collect sci-fi, mainly out of fear of turning my basement into an episode of 'hoarders' since I already have so much fantasy and historical stuff  :blush:... so these models aren't of big interest to me.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1698 on: March 03, 2013, 08:12:11 AM »
Snap! No sci fi for me for exactly the same reason.

Oh, except for the boxes of kitbashed airfix sci fi vehicles made in the mid 1980s. But I haven't used them since circa 1990, except when I used them in Star Wars D6 RP (up until about two years ago). 15mm figures, 20 mm vehicles. So, they're the exception that proves the rule.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Blue in vt

• Members
« Reply #1699 on: March 10, 2013, 02:45:23 AM »
Fantastic minis!  I've just placed a small order of arquebusiers and a sharpshooter team....very Interested to see if the hand gunners will
Work with the late 3rd edition metal citadel handgunners....it would be nice to add a little diversity to my unit.

Of course I'll post a comparison shot when they get here.

Alright guys here are the shots wit the new LAM arquebusiers

First the unit as it was

And here it is with the four LAM figures worked in

How do you think they look mixed in?  The LAM ones are a bit stockier and certainly more elaborately decorated but not out of reason.

Here are a couple of side by side shots of selected figures they alternate maker.

Great figures all...I think they work fairly well...would probably be better as a separate unit but this works for now...can't wait to paint them!

Cheers,

Blue