home

Author Topic: imperial guard forum?  (Read 1564 times)

Offline offroadfury88

• Members
  • Und die Vögel singen nicht mehr
imperial guard forum?
« on: July 22, 2008, 12:56:42 AM »
What is the best one?

Thanks! :happy:
Happiness never decreases by being shared.
 -The Buddha

An act of kindness surpasses a thousand prayers
 -Sa'di

Offline Soju

• Members
  • personal text goes here
Re: imperial guard forum?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 05:48:49 AM »
I can't recall, but I thought I might add this.

There are plenty of what I consider, 'elite' Imperial Guard blogs (or plogs or klogs or whatever you call them) on Warseer. I don't want to divert w-e traffic to that forum specifically, but I know most of you have been there...

The pattern I've noticed also, was that these 'elites' tend to group to same forums... so if you happen to find an I.G. forum, then they'll most likely have posted their stuff on warseer. Mind you, there are plenty of 'one off' armies and neat things like that on I.G. specific forums, but personally I feel that warseer has 'enough'.

Anyways, it'd be good to see suggestions though...

sj

Offline katzbalger

• Members
  • Woof. That is all.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:08:02 AM »
Try the Imperial Guard Message Board. I've only been on a couple of times and it does seem to have a higher proportion of whiners than this site, but worth a look nonetheless.
I feel my signature should say something witty and urbane, to indicate that I'm a stylish and elegant man. But I'm not. So it doesn't.
Instead it just says 'willies.'
Willies.
See? Told you.

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 09:33:09 AM »
I've only been on a couple of times and it does seem to have a higher proportion of whiners than this site, but worth a look nonetheless.

No other site has more whiners than this site...  :dry:

Actually, compared to TWF, which used to be my nr. 1 place, this forum is just super happy these days. I think much of the whine ends up in political threads in the back table. I hope they stay there. Of course there are always happy Mathis, Cisses etc. to bring it outside that rim, but that is a healthy portion of whine for fanbois like myself.  :icon_mrgreen:

When I dabbled with IG I couldn't find any solid forums so I took most of my advice from TWF. I do not recommend that place anymore as quality has rapidly gone down the drain ever since GW closed their forums.
My hood is my castle...

Offline katzbalger

• Members
  • Woof. That is all.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 09:41:23 AM »
Yeah, I've always found this place reasonably moan-free. Or at least, reasonably free of people who just moan for the hell of it. Most folk here, if they have a gripe, at least seem to be able to back it up with some sort of reasoning (whether it's correct reasoning or not...).
I feel my signature should say something witty and urbane, to indicate that I'm a stylish and elegant man. But I'm not. So it doesn't.
Instead it just says 'willies.'
Willies.
See? Told you.

Offline Von Breden

• Members
  • Remembering the Eccentric
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 09:55:53 AM »
offroadfury's chasing of the tire has led him to a point of no return - he's gone 40k! Noooooo!

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Boot_Camp
Don't know if it's good and/or active, but it's IG.
Quote from: Siberius
I never noticed your height on account of your fabulous manly imperial beard.

He who has such amazing facial hair will never be short in the eyes of his comrades!

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 09:59:14 AM »
Offroadfury have chase the tire to wisdom, my friends!
Imperial guard is where it´s at!

No, there have  been some attempts to start a IG forum but so for none have seemed to stay.

But www.tauonline.org has good stuff for all races, among them being Imperial Guard, with some very nice chaps. So go there and enjoy!
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!