home

Author Topic: Any active 40k Forums out there???  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Spiney

• Members
  • Merchant Prince of Marienburg
Any active 40k Forums out there???
« on: August 29, 2008, 08:42:11 PM »
With 5th Edition now in circulation I've been hassled into digging out my necron force by some friends who play 40k all the time. I appreciate that the tactical difference between 40k and warhammer is somewhat like the difference between snap and chess, but I'm willing to give it a go to keep my wargaming hobby alive.

I'd really like to find a good 40k online community, but with Total40k quieter than a Stasis Tomb I don't know where to go.

The army I have is Necrons, but I'd certainly be interested in any general 40k sites as long as they are reasonably active. Its my perception that the 40k game, while championed by GW as their best seller, doesn't have anything like the strength of online community that warhammer does. Is that accurate?

Brain wounder: for when you don't want to kill your enemies, just leave them bedridden and pissing themselves.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
Re: Any active 40k Forums out there???
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 08:45:34 PM »
I like going to http://www.swchq.co.uk/swcforum/viewforum.php?f=32  even though its a SW forum they actually welcome all armies and help out.  Its also international much like this one.  I also like KovashTauva but the link hasnt been working for the past couple of days.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline KingPierce

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 09:37:44 PM »
Librarium is a good one.
If I ever leave this world alive

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 10:22:20 PM »
Ha. Haha. No.

I recommend 40kO, for what my opinion's worth.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 02:23:09 AM »
I browse around on the Bolter and Chainsword a lot. If you can forgive the trash that comes with it, you can usually find some decent info.
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!