home

Author Topic: Steampa Rulez Boss.  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
Steampa Rulez Boss.
« on: May 12, 2009, 09:30:34 PM »
First set of rules for the Steampa. Not sure on the price but it's just weaker than a giant, but the potential accidental kills make up for it.

Steampa

M 6 WS 3 BS - S 5 T 5 W 6 I 3 A SP LD 10

Save: 4+

Special Rules:

Stubborn: Wat doz dis do? Impact hits (D6 on Charge) Special Attacks. Large Target. Immune to Psychology. Terror. Zoggin Splody!

Special Attacks. When charging the Steampa causes D6 impact hits as it crashes into the enemy unit with glee. Whilst in combat the Steampa must use the following charts to determine attacks.

Small creatures. (Ogre sized or smaller)

1- 2 - Steam burst. - The Steampa causes D3 hits at strength 4 as the enemy is covered in steam from its belly. If the enemy has not attacked it is at -1 to hit through blindnes

3 - Jump – The Steampa jumps on the enemy unit causing D6 Strength 5 hits, however the Steampa suffers a single Strength 4 hit itself.

4 – 5 - Kick. - The Steampa kicks the enemy as hard as it can causing a wound for each rank in the unit. Against multiple wound characters or ogre sized monsters it causes D3 strength 5 hits.

6 – STOMP! Select a single model from the front rank and the Steampa will stomp onto the model causing a single strength 6 hit with D3 wounds. The model may make a single attempt to move out of the way. (Initiative attack) As the crew are enjoying themselves so much they may make a second attempt to stomp. This will continue until something does not die.

Large Monsters.

The Steampa will always kick large monsters, however due to the extra effort the steam causes -1 to hit for the opponent.

Wat doz dis do? - Roll a D6 each turn, including in close combat. On a roll of one (wun) the pilots have gotten over excited and made an error. See “Ooops” chart.

“Ooops”

1 – It'z gettin' hot in 'ere!
The Steampa looses a wound as the pilots release the wrong valve throwing steam into the hull.

2-3 -  Argh! Da floor is movin' boss, i'z is feelin' a bit woozy!
The pilots pull the a leaver a little too hard causing the Steampa to wobble uncontrollably. The Steampa moves D3 in a random direction. A roll of hit causes the Steampa to wobble on the spot in an awkward dance. If the Steampa hits any units (friend of foe) it causes D3 Impact hits, if it hits an enemy unit it counts as charging.

4-5 – Quik, pull dat sprocket, da wata iz gettin' noizi!
The system overloads forcing the pilots to release all valves, the large template is placed on the middle of the Steampa. Any unit under the template receives D3 strength 3 hits from the steam evacuated.

6 – Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Riding in a Steampa is quite exciting, causing the pilots to throw all the controls forward. The Steampa moves forward 6' inches directly forward with screams of joy. If the Steampa hits an enemy unit it counts as charging. If it hits a friendly unit the unit suffers D6 impact hits as it barrels into the unit.

Zoggin' Slpody. If at any point the Steampa is destroyed all models in base contact recieve strength three hits.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 09:42:41 PM by Mogsam »
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
Re: Steampa Rulez Boss.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 09:40:11 PM »
For it's cost, I'd suggest some improvements.

3+ Armour save.

Steam Burst should cause more hits, at less strength but with no armour save. Say, d6 at strength 2 with no armour saves.

For Kick, I'd say it does a strength 5 impact hit per rank.

For Large monsters, I'd suggest doing a few more attacks. I assume the final model will have arms or appendages, have it flail at large things with them.

For Argh! Da floor is movin' boss, i'z is feelin' a bit woozy!, I'd suggest making it move d6. On a hit, it loses the large target +1 to hit bonus due to a maniacal dancing which would make it harder to hit.

Quik, pull dat sprocket, da wata iz gettin' noizi!, make the steam hits give no armour save, and strength 2.

Also it should clearly cause terror.
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 09:43:01 PM »
It allways caused terror, what are you on about.

Mogsam
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »
It allways caused terror, what are you on about.

Mogsam

My post doesn't show an edit tag like yours does.  :engel:

« Last Edit: Today at 10:42:41 PM by Mogsam »
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline Shadowwolf

• Members
  • Post quality makes you a veteran gamer!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 06:57:21 AM »
I think it should be S and T 6, as it is a giant construction. And if you up the toughness, up the strength of hits it may cause to itself as well.  :::cheers:::

Shadowwolf
On the right only red, to your left all is white
Ev'ryone's holding, stay in the fight!
White to the right side, left only red
Run like the others, or you'll end up dead!
Talabheim State Troop proverb
Deviantart? http://dlshadowwolf.deviantart.com/gallery/