home

Author Topic: Warhammer world battle report with photos  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Crimsonsphinx

• Members
  • A mind without purpose walks in dark places
    • marcwalpole
Warhammer world battle report with photos
« on: February 05, 2014, 09:06:08 PM »
So TrickySOB and I went to Warhammer World today and for a change I actually recorded the battle.  Tricky might post his list later on, but I will try and put down what I think he had.  Apologies for the lack of painting on my eldar!

My list 2000pts of Eldar

Farseer with Singing Spear, joined Wraithblades, Fortune, Guide and Executioner. Rolled a poor warlord trait allowing me to run 1 inch further
Spiritseer, joined vanilla Wraithguard, protect and conceal

5 Wraithguard in waveserpent with TL BL and Holos
5 Wraithguard, dscythes, in waveserpent with TL BL and Holos
5 Wraithblades with axes in waveserpent with TL BL and Holos
5 Jetbikes with cannon
5 Dire Avengers in Falcon with BL and Holos

Fireprism with cannon and Holos
10 Warp spiders with Exarch, twin deathspinner and Fast Shot.
5 Shining Spears with Exarch, Hit and Run, Star Lance
1 Vyper, BL, cannon

BA Looked a lot like this;

Librarian in terminator armour with stormshield, in unit of 5 assault terminators
Librarian in power armour with 10 tactical marines with las/plas, inside aegis line, manning a quad gun
2x 10 Assault marines with fist/plasma pistol sgts, flamer and meltagun
Vindicator inside Aegis line also
Aegis Line
Storm Raven carrying 7 Death co and Mr Snippy the Death co Dread

The mission was Big guns never tire and we got the longways deployment.  I won the deployment and set up first.

Tricky SOB followed up with his deployment and then promptly stole the initative...

For whatever reason I dont think we recorded a photo of BA turn 1. This is because the only thing that moved was some assault marines into a building.  Nothing died because we had night fighting.

The Eldar swooped forwards on turn one, pointlessly firing at both the Aegis Autocannon and the Vindicator, both protected heavily by ridiculously strong cover saves.

BA turn 2 saw the arrival of his librarian with terminators and they landed smack bang in the middle of my lines.  The assault marines fired melta at my Fire Prism missing, then failed a charge against it.  The vindicator inflicted a damage on one of my wave serpents [you can see the red dice marking this on the photo below, and the Vyper fell to the Aegis gun, netting Tricky first blood.

Eldar turn 2 saw all hands to the pumps to repel the assault terminators.  Lots of poor rolling later saw my dscythes, Dire Avengers and two Wave serpents only kill 2 termiantors between them.  The wraithguard at the top with the Spirit Seer moved to engage the tacticals, aided by Protect and Conceal giving them a whopping T6 2+/2++ cover save.  Spirit marking the marines, they fired, not doing a whole lot.  More fire poured into the Vindicator to no effect from Falcon and Wave Serpent.   Shining Spears moved to the middle of the table to join the frontal assault I was planning later on in the game.  My Warp Spiders decided not to turn up, being crippled by Trickys Warlord trait giving me a minus one to my roll.  Not that it really did much, since I rolled a 1 anyway.

BA turn 3 saw the arrival of the Storm Raven full of Death Co and Mr Snippy.  This saw the turning point of the game, as the Storm Ravens gundecks opened up inflicting 5 wounds on the Shining Spears.  This was followed by my amazing armour save rolls of only 1s and 2s, so my entire unit disintegrated.  The Assault marines opened fire on the Dire Avengers killing a couple.  We had a bit of a discussion about him charging them as my Waveserpent blocked the most direct route.  They then failed their charge, but as it turned out would have failed anyway.  The Assault Terminators assaulted my Wraithblades, who were boosted by Fortune.  Combat saw the loss of one model per side.

Eldar turn 3, finally the Warpspiders turned up, and landed smack bang where I wanted them ready to spray the Stormraven with monofilement wire.  Allegedly they are decent antiair guns.  Anyway, I rolled 18 normal shots and 3 fastshooting twinlinked exarch shots at the Raven, resulting in a sole hit and no damage.  So that went well!  The Dscythes cut down the Assault marines like they didn't exist, and the charmed life of the Vindicator was finally ended.  Another terminator died in the melee.  Over on the far side, the wraithguard fired on the Stormraven missing completely.  For some reason I named this photo wrong!

BA turn 4.  The final turn as it turned out, saw Mr Snippy and friends pile out of the Stormraven, with the Deathco butchering the Warpspiders who did pathetically against them.  Mr Snippy took two hull points off the Waveserpent and the final Assault terminator was killed.  BA assault marines killed my Falcon leaving VPs 3 for Tricky and 1 for me, along with 6 each on objectives.  I worked it out at this stage I wasn't able to win the game, so threw in the towel.

Final photo

Stare into the Abyss and the Abyss stares back.

Visit my 40k blog http://2plusdispel.blogspot.com/ updated four or more times a month and offers painting advice and gaming advice for warhammer 40,000

Offline TrickySoB

• Members
Re: Warhammer world battle report with photos
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 09:53:43 PM »
My List

Terminator librarian, terminator armour with storm shield
Psychic powers- prescience, precognition

Librarian, jump pack
Psychic powers- prescience, perfect timing

Assault squad #1
Melta gun, flamer
Power fist

Assault squad #2
Melta gun, flamer
Power sword

Tactical squad
Lascannon, plasma gun

Death company x7
2x power swords, thunderhammer

Mr Snippy - death company dread
Blood talons, heavy flamer

Stormraven
Twin linked lascannon, twin linked multimelta, hurricane bolters

Assault terminators
4x thunder hammer and storm shields

Sanguinary priest
Jump pack

Vindicator

Aegis defence line
Quad gun

I might add that thanks to my psychic power perfect timing when Crimson moved his wraithguard and spiritseer into the building next to my aegis line I was able to take away his cover save which enabled me to drop 3 wraithguard and seriously reduce their effectiveness.

I was really impressed with the stormravens performance. It always seems to survive until much later turns, only going down once it has dropped off its payload.

I was due a win and I'm glad it was at Warhammer world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk