home

Author Topic: "Kitten's" Martian delegation  (Read 833 times)

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
"Kitten's" Martian delegation
« on: May 26, 2020, 10:06:44 PM »
So for funsies I was putting together an Adeptus Custodes list on battlescribe based on Kitten's Custodes delegation that was sent to Mars to procure the Proteus Protocol. For context, this is from the youtube series "If the Emperor Had A Text To Speech Device" (or TTS for short) by Alfabusa. In the series, the Custodes named "Kitten" is sent to mars and makes an army list. We don't know what he picked up exactly, but there are some resources we can pull from. First is from episodes 27 where we see him putting the army list together and recruiting around the palace. Then episode 28 when the delegation is on Mars (awesome politicking with the Fabricator General, the binary argument is something from a musical!). There are two other resources. First is Alfabusa's twitter post that displays his own Custodes Army, which heavily influences the delegation in both art and style (including a couple of naked Custodes as Vexilla) but some of these choices do not make it to mars (like the 2 dreadnoughts, they are seen in episode 27 but are snoozing and miss out on being recruited)
https://twitter.com/Alfabusa/status/1260547315447869440

There is also Alfasbusa's post on Reddit where he is asking advice for army composition to beat up the delegation (2 years before the episode even came out!) So spoiler alert if you read the article before watching the series.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/7va3hu/mechanicus_players_need_help_putting_together_a/
We see what the original delegation was going to look like, but from the videos we see he has added transports and Santodes, the dreadnought so fabulous that even Fulgrim would be jealous. One can assume Kitten is represented by the Capt-General, and the shield captain is probably Hammurabi Unferth, the shield-captain of the Emissaries Imperatus. The custodes Wardens are probably Hammurabi's entourage from the Emissaries. We also see the Lock Warden is not present in this list, so that was also added/changed.

Now based on the reddit post, he is going to actually play out a game of these two armies fighting and animating the battlereport in the show (Like he did with the Battle of the Gate of Khaine in ep 26 pt1) so we may get to actually see what the army lists are. But in the meantime here is my list using all 4 of these sources. I am leaving the it pretty bare bones as there are a ton of options that do not have point costs associated with them so this is just strictly speaking a PL and Point perspective:

Army: Adeptus Custodes  [74 PL, 1,304pts]

Detachment: Vanguard Detachment

HQ:

Captain-General Trajann Valoris [10 PL, 180pts] (Warlord) (Represented by Kitten in his official armor)

Shield-Captain w/ Castellan Axe[7 PL, 101pts] (Hammurabi Unferth)

Elites:

3x Allarus Custodians [13 PL, 213pts] (Lock Warden's entourage)
3x Custodian Wardens [10 PL, 171pts] (Emissaries Imperatus)
Vexillus Praetor w/Vexilla Magnifica [6 PL, 119pts] (Represented by Lrak)
Vexillus Praetor in Allarus Terminator Armor w/Vexilla Magnifica [7 PL, 120pts] (The Lock Warden)
Contemptor-Galatus Dreadnought [8 PL, 155pts] (Santodes himself!)

Dedicated Transports:

Coronus Grav-Carrier [13 PL, 245pts]

The Terminators probably cannot fit into the pontoon boats so they'll just deep strike or walk with Santodes. Lrak, Kitten, and Hamurabi would jump in the transport with the wardens.

Now we don't know what the Mechanicus is going to have, but based on Ep 28 and the reddit, its going to be a power-gamer cheesy list meant to just make a game not fun at all. I made one but I'll post that later.

edit: My bad, that was 7 not 6 people in the transport. I corrected it to 3 wardens to compensate.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 10:47:01 PM by Feanor Fire Heart »
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog