home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of 40K 10th Edition!  (Read 2487 times)

Offline KTG17

• Members
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of 40K 10th Edition!
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2023, 09:38:51 PM »
I think this is the ‘Indomitus’ version and we’ll see the same kind of ‘starters’ like the last 2 editions. Although this will be the starter for me.

I am pretty happy. I hate the flamer guys, but I can see Salamander and Templar fans liking them. Not crazy about the tall legs of the dread, but that’s minor. I have plenty of the squat ones.

No complaints about the Tyranids tho, I think they look great. Would prefer the Tyrant thing had a gun but oh well. The new units look terrifying and I think they outshine the marines.

I will gobble up this and whatever accessory stuff they sell with it, then I am out. By that I mean not going to buy anything else for 40K. Unless they do another Imperium subscription, I might do that if I like what it includes. But after 10 editions, I am retiring and here on out going to just work on the massive pile of shame I have built up over the years. I think this is a nice set to top all this off.

I will say tho it looks like GW has nailed it right if they follow the 9th model for releases. I expect future editions will be just as exciting as this one.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2023, 10:11:11 PM »
Cost of 10th Edition starter box is rumored to be 150 pounds, around 245 dollars.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2023, 12:39:27 AM »
Another reason to make this my last edition lol.

What was Indomitus? $200?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2023, 02:13:49 AM »
I hear ya, although Indomitus was what, 4 years ago? 2020 if I recall.  Inflation being what it is, the increase in cost isn't surprising.

At the same time, just not thrilled with Tyranids, and would rather work on my Necrons at some point instead.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2023, 06:12:58 PM »
For anyone interested, the Goonhammer folks have done a round up of what we know about 10th so far, and what its looking like it'll be.

https://www.goonhammer.com/a-weekly-review-of-everything-we-know-about-warhammer-40k-tenth-edition-so-far-may-8-2023/

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2023, 12:30:43 AM »
I really like the new combat patrol ideas they are putting out. I like how they are customizing the rules for the units to balance them across the other patrols. Not only does it help to get you started, but then if you want to move on to full lists you can. Going to have to show restraint not to gobble up all the patrols they release because this is exactly what the old me would do. But since I am so eclectic and love variety, this is a way to collect some different factions yet be able to have rules for them without having to buy a codex or something. I think this is great.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2023, 01:50:50 AM »
I'm also pretty impressed. I was disappointed when they moved away from the start collecting box, they felt like a better starter price to get someone involved, but this does feel like an upgrade in that its literally a starter force in every way.

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2023, 05:16:14 PM »
What do you guys think of the new combat patrol rules?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/20/free-combat-patrol-rule-downloads-let-you-fight-fast-balanced-skirmishes-in-the-new40k/

I think they are great! I would love to see GW crank more of these out even if they don't follow the contents of a box set.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2023, 09:26:39 AM »
What do you guys think of the new combat patrol rules?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/20/free-combat-patrol-rule-downloads-let-you-fight-fast-balanced-skirmishes-in-the-new40k/

I think they are great! I would love to see GW crank more of these out even if they don't follow the contents of a box set.

First glance they look great and is a nice setp towards the 'normal' 10th ed rules / game..
Though I doubt GW will make more of these as they intended them to be a 1 grab and go models > rules set..
Only way I see more of them coming is when GW will add new patrol boxes (or boxes like Leviathan with 2x patrols in them)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2024, 01:47:05 PM »
Tau Codex is incoming ... including new Kroot units and figures ... plus a whole new launch box for the Kroot ...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/19/lvo-preview-2024-dont-get-caught-by-the-new-kroot-hunting-pack/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2024, 04:36:40 PM »
Forge World is sending almost every Ork unit they make, except one, to Warhammer Legends.

It also seems like a lot of Forge World models that have been done in resin in the past, are being discontinued.

There seem to be quite a number of Forge World items that have been going away recently.