home

Author Topic: Zak's Middenhiem/Talabhiem/Dwarf/ Kesliv and stuff plog:Templars of Ulric  (Read 128044 times)

Offline Kalrath

Know what you mean all too well!

Back in the day, a few moons ago, I remember trimming my father's brushes with a pair of scissors that were left within my reach!  :mrgreen:

Also remember assembling a model kit with glue for shoes, even after I was warned not to touch it! Damn thing was just standing there in the table...

Offline Zak

• Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Ok I was able to get started by putting the House tower together ( this required green stuff to fill in gaps) I also was able to get my Luminark wagon together/under coated. I'm going to use Bretonnian horses and save the armored ones for knights.                                                         ** note look at all the cool extras you get in the box set *** 

:::cheers:::
This is how Liberty dies, by the sound of thundering applause.

Offline Zak

• Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Finally figured out how I wanted my Knights of the White Wolf so I could break out the box I have had for ever!! ( I bought the old school KWW and a war wagon still in boxes for $20 bucks at a yard sale three years ago?) anyway  :::cheers:::

Offline Naitsabes

• Never slid
the white wolves are classy and classic! have you thought about converting up a musician?
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 6Feb2021 - Handgunners, building and more

Offline Cam

Wow, I really love those classic WW. They way you painted them fits those models perfectly.
These are even harder to find then Teutogen Guard. I really wish I had a unit. Good job on pickin them up for 20.

Offline Zak

• Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
the white wolves are classy and classic! have you thought about converting up a musician?

no but the Grandmaster has a horn on him so I use him for both models sort of  :::cheers:::

Offline Zak

• Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Wow, I really love those classic WW. They way you painted them fits those models perfectly.
These are even harder to find then Teutogen Guard. I really wish I had a unit. Good job on pickin them up for 20.

I picked them up and also a war wagon for a total of $20 bucks at a yard sale me and the wife stopped by one Saturday afternoon three years ago   ( THE BEST GW PICK YET!) the lady stated that her son used to play and he was in the army or college ( forgot) and she was cleaning out his room. she said she had other stuff and I offered her additional funds if she would call me and go through it first but she never called me back...I often wonder if her son came back home and flipped out!! I know I would have  :engel: ..NOW ...if any of you happen to be this ladies son I will state the legal stance ( Finders Vs. Keepers )  :-P

still in the original plastic wrap  :closed-eyes:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:55:52 PM by zak »

Offline Zak

• Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
I thought it would be interesting to show an unboxing of the Knights of the white wolf ( old school) box set. take a trip down memory lane haha

http://youtu.be/Lmog7MEnNZA

Offline Albrecht Hexenjaeger

• Imperial Liberal
That was pretty exciting!  :-P
I got my affordable healthcare. Now I need affordable miniatures.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator

................ and reminds everyone just how old those barded horses are ..........................  :closed-eyes:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline DariusZero

• I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
Good idea, I watched the whole video, which normally I don't do. I even started to watch the communist cat video, but only for a few seconds.  :engel:
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline Syphon

................ and reminds everyone just how old those barded horses are ..........................  :closed-eyes:

You raise a valid point. It's ridiculous how much new stuff has been published in the 22 years since that kit came out and yet we still do not have new standard barded horses.
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Durloth

I picked them up and also a war wagon for a total of $20 bucks at a yard sale me and the wife stopped by one Saturday afternoon three years ago

Why oh why does this never happen to me!?!

Really got a nostalgic sting in my gut looking at those boxes. Too bad one can only unpack things like that once...

BTW: I think you may have the wheels on your Luminark mixed up. Looks a bit wonky.

Offline Commander Bernhardt

• Bar Brawlers
  • Geweldig!

You raise a valid point. It's ridiculous how much new stuff has been published in the 22 years since that kit came out and yet we still do not have new standard barded horses.

honestly, the horses are not that bad. It's the plastic knights that are really horrific
President Merkin Muffley: Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Offline Durloth

honestly, the plastic knights are not that bad. It's the horses that are really horrific

Fixed it. I hate the old horses, but think the bodies of the plastic knights are very versatile and still hold up pretty good.

Offline Zak

• Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
the horses are very old I believe they are even older than the box set I OPENED!! haha yeah seriously they need to redo them.... I 've used them so much it would be weird to have new ones   :unsure:

Offline Albrecht Hexenjaeger

• Imperial Liberal

................ and reminds everyone just how old those barded horses we are ..........................  :closed-eyes:

:biggriin:
I got my affordable healthcare. Now I need affordable miniatures.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Same way as I have done my KotWW!!  :biggriin:
Me like!

I find them easily mixxed with the newer type of KotWW
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Zak

• Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking

:happy:

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede

:happy:

He looks like a real life slayer dwarf without the orange dye!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Zak

• Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
I know that why I liked the picture hahaha

Offline Zak

• Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Re: My Middenland/Talabcland/Kesliv /Dwarfs Army Blog: MarkIII...... Many Pics
« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2014, 01:45:30 PM »
I finally finished my magic wagon...its a fun model but a bit intimidating at first. I also repainting the barding on the knight panthers, going back to the original blue barding... :::cheers:::

« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:12:32 PM by zak »

Offline somegeezer

« Reply #272 on: February 23, 2014, 11:36:50 PM »
Love the blue horsey-armour on the Knights Panther; and the White Wolves; and the wizard caravan. Jeebus, I love it all. Bravo!  :::cheers:::
My Middenheim plog:
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=45674.0

Sporadic ramblings about wargaming (not just Warhammer):
http://wgrevival.wordpress.com/

Offline Zak

• Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2014, 08:44:22 PM »
thanks dude, I wish my pics looked better when I upload them  :blush:

Offline steveb

« Reply #274 on: February 26, 2014, 01:44:19 AM »
looks good, makes me want to go paint  steveb