home

Author Topic: Zak's Middenhiem/Talabhiem/Dwarf/ Kesliv and stuff plog:Templars of Ulric  (Read 144646 times)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
They look great!  I've started going back and re-painting some of my initial "attempts".  It's doubly nice because you tend to get attached to those first few units that you painted and you also get to see them looking better!  Double-win!  Great job, dude!   :::cheers:::

Yeah you do get attached to these guys ( so sad) I have had this unit through my entire military career, college, family, going back to college many states ,countries, etc. Tornado!! my house was fine but still  :-P  I do love to repaint the old units freshen them up, its like remodeling your house it is just a nice thing to do.  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline VonOttenheim

• Members
  • Commander Black Griffon
Great work  :::cheers::: :::cheers:::

The older models are so much cooler then todays.

Insanely jealous about all those great Kislevites.
Ulrich von Ottenheim

Commander Black Griffon
Komtur Templar Knights of Taal
"...I want milk in my Khorne flakes..."

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Been working on these guys for the last few days. They are older models, im giving them a face lift and a little conversion work on the Empire General .... :::cheers:::

This old General ( or it might be an electoral count) will become part of my freelance knights .

:::cheers:::

oh yeah still have 5 more great swords and working on Count Todddbringer or should I say repainting him
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 05:15:23 PM by zak »
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
Your Reiksguard are fat !

Also Kislev - epic  :::cheers:::
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
thanks dude for the comment  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
@zak: That's an old General model. I believe his name was Rutger(or possibly Rutgar?)? Also, is the standard in the Greatsword block your BSB, and what does the dude made from the old 6th Ed. command parts represent? The greatswords' champion or a Hero?

Offline Derg

• Members
Lotsa great stuff here great paint jobs, awesome scenery, and I really like your wagons, steam tanks and ur banners.
Actually took the time to go through all 18 page.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
@zak: That's an old General model. I believe his name was Rutger(or possibly Rutgar?)? Also, is the standard in the Greatsword block your BSB, and what does the dude made from the old 6th Ed. command parts represent? The greatswords' champion or a Hero?

That's right Rutger he was part of the old campaign box sets back during 5th edition. The great swards have some conversion work. the standard is an old hero with halberd. Halberd removed and banner pole attached, I don't feel bad doing that because I have another one. The great-swords actual standard has been converted taking the banner off and replacing it with a greatsword. Hey Derg,  glad you liked the tour, thanks for the comments  :::cheers:::     
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Kallstrom

• Members
Just went through this whole thread, and all I can say is WOW! What a superb source of inspiration! 
Makes me want to field a big and beautiful Empire army as wel.  I will without a doubt borrow some ideas for my own army in the making. I especially love all the banners on the knights, having several smaller flags in the unit really makes them stand out and look important (and epic!). :)

Cheers!
"A leader that leads from the rear takes it in the rear!"

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Just went through this whole thread, and all I can say is WOW! What a superb source of inspiration! 
Makes me want to field a big and beautiful Empire army as wel.  I will without a doubt borrow some ideas for my own army in the making. I especially love all the banners on the knights, having several smaller flags in the unit really makes them stand out and look important (and epic!). :)

Cheers!

Thanks dude, I have been working on these armies for a very long time hahaha... I personally think if you cannot paint a good banner use paper ones copied from a good source  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline steveb

• Members
Zak, someday we will have to visit each other.  steveb

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Zak, someday we will have to visit each other.  steveb

I agree, you are like three hours south of me  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
So,  I took some better picture with the camera my wife gave me for a graduation present ..man they pop! I finished the Great-swords and changes the unit champion. Finished Electoral Count Todbringer , and better pictures of some knights and other junk:

Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
a few commission's for a friend Slayer king and a Chaos Character ( what ever you call him )

oh a shot of the new cabinet, my friend broke when he helped move it in, he also scrapped it against the wall ( wife was not happy about that)

last time I ask him to help ...Mike  :dry:

Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
just got in a couple of 80's fighters  :closed-eyes:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline steveb

• Members
all the 80's figures were great, I wish they would reissue them,  at the time they were being made it was hard to come up with a complete set as they sold them to the stores by the sleeve (like 12 packs at a time) of a certain line, like fighters or wizards,  you were never guaranteed what was in the sleeve, and quite often there were duplicates and many of the rarer pieces never seemed to get shipped.  You could order from the GW at the time but all they could promise on some of the lines is that you would get figures from the line, for instance if there were 4 wizards in a group you could order 4 wizards (they all had the same number) and you might get one of each, I never saw it happen though, usually I would  almost always get duplicates.  Any way it is a treat to see anyone get some of the old figures that had such character and fueled the fantasies of so many of us back in the day.    steveb

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
all the 80's figures were great, I wish they would reissue them
Would you be willing to put up with them being made in Fine Fail?!

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
all the 80's figures were great, I wish they would reissue them
Would you be willing to put up with them being made in Fine Fail?!

that's a dirty word to me .. I own three fincast models and I hate them all I would rather everything be made plastic...Steveb I remember the days when you could not order exactly what you wanted and often got duplicates...I will post soon. if you have not already Chumley has the entire collection  :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:06:44 AM by zak »
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline mottdon

• Members
Wow, that's an awesome looking glass display cabinet, Zak!   :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers:::

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
thanks dude ....it adds something to the collection to see them displayed  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline mottdon

• Members
I bet!  Where does one go find something like that?

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
I bet!  Where does one go find something like that?

well for me unfortunately,  a friends mother died and he gave it to me. It goes for around $1200.00 normally ( Ashley Furniture ) this student would never be able to afford it otherwise....look on Craig's list they have them going for cheap and sometimes free just come pick it up!!

Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline mottdon

• Members
Oh, sorry to hear that.  Good to know though!

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Ok, here are those fantastic 80's fighters ( I don't know their names) but I call them Pete and Nature Boy, try and guess which is which  :-P

Yes I'm dyslexic so what