home

Author Topic: Jumping the Bandwagon: My converted Spearman/Pikeman  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Ad A Dglgmut

• Members
Jumping the Bandwagon: My converted Spearman/Pikeman
« on: August 08, 2008, 02:50:38 AM »
Ok, so yeah, I like the look of spearmen/pikemen with custom spears made from brass rod, and Im not satisfied with the 7th edition figures and the slightly oversized 6th edition spearmen, so I am going to convert my own! :-D

Here is my first one, which I owe thanks to Graf von Carroburg for the inspiration, with his fantastic converted pikemen.  I will probably do the whole unit like this, so that they rank up and most imporantly contact in combat with no problems.  Though I might do a few in action poses, but not sure yet.  Anyways, here is my first one:

Usually I have a female mage holding my Rod of Power   :-D

Offline haterhater

• Members
  • 101 years of failure
Re: Jumping the Bandwagon: My converted Spearman/Pikeman
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 02:59:45 AM »
That's a really cool conversion. A unit of those would be scary, all ready to strike and stuff.

How long did it take to convert?

Offline Ad A Dglgmut

• Members
Re: Jumping the Bandwagon: My converted Spearman/Pikeman
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 03:07:32 AM »
In total, about probably 15, 20 minutes.  I made the figure right before I posted, heh, so it didn't take too long.  And actually the conversion part (drilling the hole in the hand, repostioning the hand, and attaching the speartip) was quicker than cleaning the mold lines off the other parts. 

And yeah, my goal with this unit is for it to stand out, even though they are just statetroops. 
Usually I have a female mage holding my Rod of Power   :-D