home

Author Topic: You are never to old to play cowboys  (Read 8403 times)

Offline scrubber

• Members
You are never to old to play cowboys
« on: February 08, 2016, 09:59:45 PM »
Enjoyable friday and saturday night. Played 3 games of cowboys first this year, the result of which 7 more souls entered Boot Hill.

Game 3 turned into hunt down the Legend and kill him by two of the teams.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:43:13 PM by scrubber »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: You are never to old to play cowboys
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 10:12:42 PM »
 :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 10:42:53 PM »
Great Scenery

What rules set are you playing?

I've got the Legends of the Old West and the supplements, and then The Rules with No Name as well, and have figures, but never played a game of any one of them.  :icon_rolleyes:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 12:07:28 AM »
That looks fantastic!

Who make the wagon models?
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 04:14:40 PM »
Big Chief Sit on Bum, he say,
How Midaski, the rules are from many many moons age. They are Fist full of Dice from Guernsey Foundry which you could down load for free. {This may be the current rules with no name.} How every they have been change many times by us, but the basic rules and charts still apply.

How Warlord. Wagons are many Redoute ACW and Boar war. The stage you see is Dixon, but raised on a high base to fit scale [roughly]. ps Dixon wagons are to small for 28mm. We try to avoid the laser cut wagons as they don't stand allot of man handling, since our wagons move every time the Joker comes up in the card-deck.

Old picture of some more wagons.

The covered wagon now has a driver. It and the buggie are from Redoute, think the funeral wagon came through Cavalier Books. [not mine].
Can you spot Alice and the Cheshire cat?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:43:37 PM by scrubber »

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 07:03:25 PM »
Great post chief.
 :::cheers:::
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 11:32:47 PM »
Great gaming last weekend. 5 cowboy games in two nights. That's very good going for us.

New gang member. Dottie complete with red shoes and "dog with no name". Behind her is Rattie the rat catcher and further back is Mrs Jones the butchers wife.

Main street.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:45:40 PM by scrubber »

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 09:00:08 AM »
Looking good !

Just 3D printed a saloon and bank. Lots of stuff coming out for the Old West these days.
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 03:03:48 PM »
Not my buildings, all scratch built with form board and balsa wood by friend of mine.
Towns call "Vulture Creek" and you can find Digits posting on the Lead Adventure site.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 05:32:33 PM »
Tumbling tumbleweeds! That is impressive!
What a landscape!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 11:03:09 AM »
On a similar subject. I'm currently making custom Deadwood action figures. I also plan on making a saloon for them to hang out in

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 11:58:52 PM »
That town is really cool!
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 04:17:30 PM »
Need to replace pictures next time we play. Still undecided who to go with for picture hosting.
Never mind, I need something witty to put on a hand placard held by 28mm figure.
Theme: David has replaced our long time sheriff called Mr Pinkie [Sheriff figure in his long-johns.] with a portly sheriff with rifle instead of Pinkies pistol. I've made a small group to protest for the return of Mr Pinkie, so need something amusing for placard. Suggestions.

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 10:47:29 PM »
Does anyone have experience of Blue Moon 28mm Tombstone figure's. Hoping they are better than the picture on the box.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 10:43:44 AM »
No  :engel:

- but got my Tombstone Rules pdf through yesterday from the KS and the hard copy and figures are on their way - really looking forward to this one. I do think Black Scorpion make some lovely stuff - already have a few of their pirates. Their resin has the same clean fine detail Westfalia produce on their halflings.

Got my 4'x4' board painted and been working on cacti - need to finish off some buildings and paint them up.
So we could keep this thread alive.

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2018, 12:36:38 AM »
OK up for that, since I only own figures and wagons that we currently use. Some time in the next 18 months will be moving south from Manchester to be near my other two, so need to start making town.

So starting with something big. Livery Stables. They are for figures between small 25mm and super size 32mm all on 5mm bases, so building not made to any scale, but to look right using figures and also for use with ham-fisted war-gamers.

The wagons in front are. The unpainted one from Tiger Miniatures Colonial range. The driver is rather large, so going to swap him over with the Redoubt wagon behind. This one also needs changing, to long for street with team of 6 mules, also the base needs to be remade more narrow to allow wagons to pass each other in smaller streets.

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 12:32:48 AM »
Progress on Livery Stables.

All outside boarding finished. Need to get some mdf for the base board, attach stable then sand the base. All this is done before adding the floor for the hay loft and roofing the stable block. Reason, the ground area of the stable will have the doors open at either end so you can see right through it. Therefore it would be very hard to paint the floor with roof already attached.

The 6 mule wagon has been removed from it's base, again need mdf to make new one, with only 4 mule's. Having taken the driver from the Tiger Miniatures model, I need to get some more sitting cowboys. There is a nice set of 6 from Knuckleduster.
http://knuckleduster.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_14_3&product_id=342

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 02:09:11 AM »
I like it!  :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 02:17:10 AM »
Very nice! Can’t wait to see what you do with the roof 😸
(I’ve had roof problems with my structure as well as everything else )
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 10:51:52 AM »
I need to get some more sitting cowboys. There is a nice set of 6 from Knuckleduster.
http://knuckleduster.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_14_3&product_id=342

Are they available over here in the UK?

I'd like a set of them too.

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 10:15:15 PM »
Hi Artoban. Going to have ago at shingle roof for stable and attached house. It will have to be the last thing done once painting finished as will be made out of thin veneer. Will be adding extension onto blank side, this will have plain timber roof, as added by owner after main building built.

Hi Midaski. I get Knuckleduster figures from Caliver Books.
http://www.caliverbooks.com/figures/index.php?menu=2#url

Also need to buy outdoor privy, large open barrel to collect rain water from gutter. Water trough for horses and a standing horse without saddle.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 10:35:42 PM »
Thanks scrubber - haven't looked at Caliver for a while - got a bit pissed with his prices at shows being more expensive than his online stuff, and some other sloppy admin where I got charged postage when it was supposed to be free, and never got the credit I was due.

I got a privy from Soth a couple of years back - he has a print design to make one on his 3D printer - as well as a cool gallows, and saloon.

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 10:45:23 PM »
Beware ebay. Some one in Nottingham selling packs at about £20.00 mark and single figure's for £5.00. Packs of 6 figures should retail in UK approx. £10.00.
Midaski. Need some more figure's from them, but not until end February, can order you set and post on.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2018, 12:58:59 AM »
Thanks scrubber.
Will stay tuned to see that roof. Sounds like a lot of work.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2018, 09:01:36 AM »
Thanks scrubber.
Will stay tuned to see that roof. Sounds like a lot of work.

Not if you have a Hirst Arts mould for wood shingles .....................  :engel: