home

Author Topic: A Face Painting Guide  (Read 2047 times)

Offline bloodbawler

• Members
  • Baron of Wildenlack
A Face Painting Guide
« on: July 18, 2005, 08:30:46 AM »
OK, this Painting Guide is not from me but from someone else, but he allowed me to post it here and I use it.

Colors used:
Skin: Black Undercoat, Dark Flesh, Vomit Brown, Bronzed Flesh, Flesh Wash, Elf Flesh
Eyes,Teeth&Tongue: Skull White, Chaos Black, Scab Red

There are three models: A,B and C.
1.From a black undercoat, paint the whole face with Dark Flesh, leaving the mouth and eyes black.  B

2.Paint the higher parts of the face with Vomit Brown. The paint must not be too dense so it can be easily applied.  A,C

3.The parts that were before painted with Vomit Brown now paint with Bronzed Flesh (around 90% of Vomit Brown painted surfaces). Paint only the lower eyelids with Bronzed Flesh. Again it's important that the paint is not too dense.  A,B,C

4.Paint the face with Flesh Wash, mixed with at least 3-times more water (1:3 , Flesh Wash must be very thin, otherwise the skin will become too dark). Then highlight the highest parts of the face with Elf Flesh. Again it's important the paint is dense.  A,B,C

5.Paint the teeth and eyes with Skull White, but make sure there is a thin line of black above and beneath Skull White. On the model C, paint the tongue with Scab Red. Then highlight it with a mixture of Scab Red and Skull White (1:1).  A,C

6.Dot a black (Chaos Black) pupil into each eye, but make sure it touches the upper and lower black line, otherwise it looks like the model is gazing.  A,B,C

Well, this is it. I use this technique on my Heroes and Elite units while the author of this guide uses this on every model so his army is truly beautiful.

And I apologize for any mistakes, English is not my primary language.

Cheers, Bloodbawler
Heathens! I shall smite thee! Right after my lunch break.

Offline bloodbawler

• Members
  • Baron of Wildenlack
A Face Painting Guide
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 08:17:51 PM »
Any comments, suggestions, critics, corrections, . . .?

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
A Face Painting Guide
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 12:29:33 AM »
I love it!  Would you mind if we put it in the Workshop?

-Grutch

Offline bloodbawler

• Members
  • Baron of Wildenlack
A Face Painting Guide
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 08:48:29 AM »
Of course not,  just put it there if you think it's worth it :wink:.

Offline bigrin42

• The Old Ones
  • Members
A Face Painting Guide
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 01:54:40 PM »
bloodbawler - Are these pics yours or the guy you got the painting recipe from?  I would like to add this to the Face Painting Series in the Workshop, but I want to make sure it is properly attributed.

Thanks,
Brad G.

http://www.sleepless.to/brad

- Warhammer-Empire Technical Support: Making your experience worth every penny you paid for it

Offline bloodbawler

• Members
  • Baron of Wildenlack
A Face Painting Guide
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 05:49:10 PM »
Those are his pics, and I translated the guide from a Slovenian language. I understand you about the ownership; I asked him and he agreed that I post them along with these pics. His nick on that forum is Feldmarshal. Sadly, I think he's not registered on this forum. So about attributes . . . you can give up his name, or mine, but I just use this technique and I think that his name would be the one of author.

Maybe I can try to ask him to register on this forum; that would probably make things easier.
Cheers, Bloodbawler

Offline bigrin42

• The Old Ones
  • Members
A Face Painting Guide
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 04:04:27 PM »
Well since you translated and he wrote it and did the pics, a joint authorship is certainly appropriate.  I will get on it and add it to the Workshop in the next few days.
Brad G.

http://www.sleepless.to/brad

- Warhammer-Empire Technical Support: Making your experience worth every penny you paid for it

Offline bloodbawler

• Members
  • Baron of Wildenlack
A Face Painting Guide
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 06:22:35 PM »
OK. Good idea.