home

Author Topic: TOR - Planned List Fun (and feedback?)  (Read 400 times)

Offline anvalous

• Members
TOR - Planned List Fun (and feedback?)
« on: January 22, 2024, 03:54:01 PM »
Hello Warhammer Empire!

Great to be back after (sharp intake of breath) a decade....

Excited to dust off some old minis and kitbash some new ones - especially a grandmaster on a demigryph!  Love the character options, as well :-)

Here's my proposed list.  I'm trying to think through my missile options... skirmisher archers to screen, pistoliers to bait and flee, etc. 

Any thoughts or feedback would be swell!

++ Characters [752 pts] ++
Grand Master [300 pts] - Run with 2 demigryphs
(Hand weapon, Full Plate Armour, Shield, Demigryph, Ogre Blade, Dawnstone)

Captain of the Empire [131 pts] - Run with halberd block
(Hand weapon, Full plate armour, Battle Standard Bearer, On foot, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, War Banner)

Master Mage [110 pts] - Run with halberd block
(Hand weapon, Level 2 Wizard, On foot, Dispel Scroll)

Chapter Master [124 pts] - Run with knights
(Hand weapon, Full Plate Armour, Barded Warhorse, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield)

Captain of the Empire [87 pts] - Warmachine hunter/march blocker
(Lance, Full plate armour, Shield, Pegasus)

++ Core Units [551 pts] ++
30 Veteran State Troops [335 pts]
(Hand weapons, Light armour, Halberds, Drilled, Sergeant (Champion), Standard bearer, Musician, 10 State Troops [Planning swordsmen or archers here])

9 Empire Knights [216 pts]
(Great weapons, Heavy armour, Shields, Preceptor (Champion), Standard bearer, Musician)

++ Special Units [693 pts] ++
2 Demigryph Knights [140 pts]
(Lances, Full plate armour, Demigryph Preceptor (Champion), Musician)

1 Great Cannon [125 pts]

1 Great Cannon [125 pts]

5 Pistoliers [93 pts]
(Hand weapons and brace of pistols, Heavy armour, Vanguard, Veteran (Champion) with repeater pistol)

3 Demigryph Knights [210 pts]
(Lances, Full plate armour, Demigryph Preceptor (Champion), Standard bearer, Musician)

---
Created with "Old World Builder"

[https://old-world-builder.com]

Offline PowerSeries

• Members
Re: TOR - Planned List Fun (and feedback?)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 11:44:59 PM »
I haven't played yet, but feels a bit top-heavy, with not a lot of infantry and a lot of characters.  I would probably try and fit another block in, losing a few knights and a cannon.

Offline Dazgrim

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 06:11:27 AM »
It looks solid to me. Can you find points to put a talisman of protection on the wizard?

I'm interested in knowing how the pistoleers perform for you.
Don't hug me I'm British, we only show affection to dogs and horses.

Grenzstadt stands.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 08:34:20 AM »
What Dazgrim said. Although I can see a use for all those characters. You want to play a fast, hard-hitting force that lets you dictate where and what you fight. The character ensemble does support this. It's a bit of a glass hammer.

Do you plan to play on the suggested 44"x60" table size, or the traditional 48"x72"? With only four regiment-sized units, this force might be outmaneuvered, but less so on a smaller table.

It's a bit sad that Demigryph Knights seem to be an auto-include for the Empire now - as they were in the 8th ed. Strangely, I have nothing against two cannons being an auto-include.  :icon_lol:

What if one or even both of those Demigryph Knight units were 6+ Inner Circle knights with FC? Would the list idea & performance change much? Even more glass hammery?

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.