home

Author Topic: HW+Shield Imperial Guard [T9A]  (Read 9682 times)

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Re: HW+Shield Imperial Guard [T9A]
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2017, 08:10:58 PM »
One guy done, 24 left. The armour was done as a rough drybrush job that took maybe 5 to 10 minutes.

The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2017, 09:12:30 PM »
In just two evenings, I managed to get all 25 of them drybrushed steel, and damn, it looks good. Gothic plate armour is simply fabulously suited for drybrushing, with all those ridges and edges between overlapping plates.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2017, 10:02:01 PM »
I just realized that models with sallet helmets have the advantage that they spare you having to paint eyes  :happy:

The unit is now done except for the bases and the command group. Pictures will be posted when it's done.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2017, 03:07:47 AM »
Painting Empire knights I always find surprisingly fast for that reason too. They look great, and I think I need to buy myself a box.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 09:51:12 PM »
Alright, it's done. Feast your eyes on what's hands down my greatest hobbyist achievement, one that I expect will hold on to that title for quite some time.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2018, 10:13:55 PM »
wow x 3!😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline hamster

• Members
  • doesn't have pictures of the sprue
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2018, 10:21:41 PM »
a very simple banner that impresses me that much is impressive,

Konrad you've yet to fail me
There is no wrong state to play as, except for middenland

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2018, 02:28:46 AM »
Very nice indeed.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2018, 04:38:16 AM »
Looks great! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2018, 11:44:48 AM »
These guys mean serious business!  :eusa_clap:

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2018, 07:28:07 PM »
Now that I've had this unit on my shelf next to my other infantry units and been looking at it for some time, I can say that there isn't much of an issue with model bulk. They might be slightly slimmer than the GW miniatures, but not to the extent where it'd be noticed at a glance. Using GW weapons and shields on these guys does quite adequately bring them in line with the rest of my collection.

But then, the other models in the comparison are 6th edition state troops, models that should have thicker limbs simply due to wearing loose-fitting puff and slash, while the Imperial Guard wear tight-fitting plate. A much less favourable comparison would be to something like 5th edition Reiksguard Foot Knights, but I'll rather say that it's those who are too bulky. Heck, looking at those models, it's like they are wearing armour measures in centimetres rather than millimetres of thickness, armour comparable to the first tanks in existence.

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2018, 05:07:34 PM »
Good work, Konrad. Rest on your laurels for a bit.  :::cheers:::

...then consider picking out some of the details on the shield embosses. That would give a good return on the time investment.
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)