home

Author Topic: AoS Adventure  (Read 110296 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: AoS Adventure
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2018, 12:54:32 AM »
Well, this vein of creativity has been mined out. Ran out of flock so I went to the local arts & crafts store. A lot closer and cheaper than the hobby store and found a substitute for the flock. The colour and texture change makes no sense but that’s that. Anyone who wants to change it may make the treck to my house and do with it what you will. The door is always open. I don’t like locks as it’s usually me getting locked out. 
I think I should add a platform around the wood wall to hold some archers/ spearmen and come up with some suitable scenario. Things are rough around the edges like anything else in my life but at least it’s done to a playable level. If I stopped for the right stuff I guarantee it would not get finished.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2018, 03:04:32 AM »
Stage is set I think.

Bought these ‘stone trolls ‘ on eBay maybe 10 years ago. Have no idea where they come from.

Decided it’s about time they had a role to play in the upcoming scrum.

Think I need to tone down the ink with some highlights.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2018, 04:16:32 PM »
Awesome trolls and awesome homestead. I think the mix of flock actually looks good.

I really like the green clothing on the troll in the last picture far right. Plus he's a ginger which wins lots of points.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2018, 04:44:40 PM »
 :::cheers:::👆
Many moons ago I was a ginger. Now a whitey 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2018, 01:15:02 AM »
Not seen those figures before, and looks like they are throwing rocks.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2018, 03:14:37 AM »
If anyone knows who they are from, please leave a post. I really didn’t like them until now when I noticed there’s a fair amount of detail in them. Never even looked at the banner before either. I tried to lighten up that crazy amount of ink and gave them some green and yellow to fit in with the rats and beastmen. I remember being disappointed as I thought I was buying stone trolls to go with my others. Easy to see considering they look so much alike 😺

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2018, 03:19:05 AM »
So I have placed about 2480 pts of chaos criminality at school end. In the homestead are going to be about 2520 pts of freeguild and aelf units. Way too much for this board so we’ll see what happens. At theu last minute I added a priest and a unit of flaggies cause they are my favorites. Looking thru the bins for my greathammer guy I came across this sister of sigmar. I have about 20 that I was going to make into greatswords but never got around to it. She was based so I spent about 45-50 minutes adding colours. As almost always, very rushed. I don’t seem to have patience to let them sit for a bit.  A start with some defenders artillery as well.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 02:07:07 AM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2018, 02:22:18 AM »
Just didn’t like the pics of the priestess warrior. Tried to touch up a bit.
Also, the thing about rats, is there is always more 😸 should be 20 of the plague monks by the time it’s done.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2018, 02:28:14 AM »
Work: ‘get rid of these shelves’
Me: ‘oookaay’

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2018, 02:17:05 AM »
20 plague monks and some pet rats for the rats.

u
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2018, 02:38:13 AM »
They look tarred, but not feathered yet.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2018, 11:51:00 AM »
 :icon_smile:
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2018, 01:02:27 PM »
Wait, it just occurred to me that this could be a disguise for attacking in the dark, and no one will see them!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2018, 12:21:05 PM »
They will see these guys coming! The rest of the plague monks plus some suedo  giant rats. A few more touch ups and their done. Just onother 20 clanrats and all my skaven that I have kicking around are finished. And some actual giant rats according to the box.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2018, 03:36:55 PM »
What's the story with those little rat men that are in front of a few of the giants rats?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2018, 04:01:00 PM »
They come with the banners, champions sprue. I think they should go on a banner pole as an icon possibly. I think they make a good champ for the rats. There are 4 spruces so there should be one more lurking around. I was looking on the Warscroll for the monks and there kinda fun with their books and scrolls. The giant rats have 1 attack hit 5 wound 5 but if you have 20, you have 2 A, 4hit 5 wound and if you have 30 3A,3H,5W
Again it gets into crazy horde numbers. I was reading one list where the guy has 3 units of 40 clanrats and 20 stormvermin. That’s a pile of models.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #166 on: February 11, 2018, 04:05:16 PM »
It almost makes the rats seem like they have their own army.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2018, 04:15:51 PM »
You have me thinking I should convert them into a command team. Maybe 1 shaking a bell, another  a tiny banner  😸
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2018, 04:38:55 PM »
That would be cool! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2018, 06:59:43 PM »
 GP will be held accountable for the following creation. I wasn’t going to do anything today but he got this idea in my head and I couldn’t let it go. The giant rat command squad and a few more rats.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2018, 09:52:47 PM »
Hey, nice thread :)

The unidentified trolls are from Ral Partha (those long bases with rounded corners are a giveaway). They are still available from Ral Partha Europe http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=troll&inc_subcat=0&sort=20a&page=1

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2018, 11:32:06 PM »
Good find, thank you! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2018, 12:47:50 AM »
Hey, nice thread :)

The unidentified trolls are from Ral Partha (those long bases with rounded corners are a giveaway). They are still available from Ral Partha Europe http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=troll&inc_subcat=0&sort=20a&page=1

Welcome and thank you. I have wondered for years where they came from.  I’m not to familiar with different manufacturers. I may get more cause these guys have grown on me 😺

Edit: just looked thru the sight.  Awesome! Some deals are 20 trolls for 20£!  The shaman and leader would be excellent to have as well
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:59:22 AM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2018, 02:55:34 AM »
Mini rat command squad. You think you are cunning? What these guys have to do to stay alive is alarming. Fun and easy cannon fodder.
Since I have no dwarves ready yet, the combined forces of elves and empire will have no choice but to cooperate in order to survive. Just starting to assemble the order forces. Swapped out the soul grinder for the plague monks and giant rats. For some reason the SG just doesn’t seem to fit the scenario. Have plenty of order infantry to pull out but have been too lazy to sort them. Now that I know what trolls they are and where to get them. I might just expand on these. I’m substituting the chaos troggoth Warscroll for them.

The monks take their spot.

The giant rats are hungry.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2018, 02:35:07 AM »
Another 20 clanrats. This will finish off my skaven battalion and all the beastmen I have at the moment. I would like to add a shaggoth and some centugaurs for the beastmen side. I love those models. And maybe a grey seer and some warplock jezzails. Also one of their fiendish contraptions but that will have to wait while I build up some more funds.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020