home

Author Topic: Podcast?  (Read 650 times)

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
Podcast?
« on: November 13, 2018, 05:11:32 PM »
I want to do or set up a podcast. I wouldn't know where to start though. I have a mic from my youtube channel days but I don't know how best to set everything up, how to record/edit, let alone how to check mics for others on said podcast...oh yeah I would also need to find members to be on the podcast.

Any thoughts or suggestions from people who have podcasted or currently podcast?
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: Podcast?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 05:19:41 PM »
I'll see if I cant find it, but some of the youtubers I watch (Baertaffy and Mathasgames) both talked extensively about how they set up and did their podcast. One of the main things I remember was essentially trying to get everyone to record their own audio, then dropboxing it to the main editor, for the best quality. Other then that, just trying to get good mic/speakers and recording through one persons computer.

Editing wise I used Camtasia for any multiplayer videos I did, and I bet you could do the same for a podcast. Although sadly camtasia isn't cheap. I'm not sure you could just do it in Movie Maker.