home

Author Topic: How to See Who’s on Your Team  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
How to See Who’s on Your Team
« on: June 05, 2005, 05:45:19 PM »

This is a simple little “how-to” for seeing who else is fighting on your side. Many of you may already know how to do this but I hope this can help those who are less experienced on phpBB forums.

1) Ensure that you are not only registered with the campaign but also that you are currently signed in.

2) Click on the “Usergroups” option at the top of the forum.

3) From the pull down menu select your faction (you can only see the one you have registered with). Then click “View Information”.

You can now see who the members of your faction are and contact them using their profile information.

As a side note, there is an option to “unsubscribe” from the group. This is a very bad idea. If you click this you will loose access to your faction’s private forum and will not be able to sign up again.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline cripple

• Members
  • We have found a witch. May we burn her?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 12:12:36 AM »
I am guessing that registration should be available shortly. *paints furiously in anticipation*
Cripple - back from the "real world."

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 06:39:38 AM »
It already is! Head over to the Campaign website, click the big fat picture that says "Sign Up Now", and then look for the "register" button :)
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 10:26:26 AM »
I'm part of a group! I finally belong somewhere!!! :cry:

Just one question though: wouldn't it come in handy to see who signed up for the other factions, to see how big the competition is, or to find opponents living nearby (in order to be able to stalk- er... find someone to play against  :wink: )?
Just a thought... and a dumb one, no doubt  :wink: .
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 11:14:31 AM »
Maybe someone should compile a list to that effect?
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 11:18:26 AM »
Wouldn't that be a bit ineffective? The list would keep growing and would need to be updated very often... of course, a list could be constructed which adds members to it as soon as they sign up, but isn't that already being done with the usergroup?
My point is: Why make an additional list?
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 11:24:06 AM »
I suppose the groups could be set to be visible to non-members.

Can they?
If I wanted to.

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 11:42:32 AM »
I'll have a dig through the Admin area and see what I can do.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 12:14:16 PM »
Well, it's just a suggestion- if it's too much work, I don't think anyone would mind  :) .

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 04:18:05 PM »
It does sound like a good idea that somewhere there is a list of who is in which faction, that everyone can see.

I have discovered that despite my Mod powers I can only see my faction list under 'Usergroups'.

Just a thought: is it possible to add a 'note or mark' of some sort to the signatures, or in the user title area?

Otherwise you are looking at a way of the usergroup list transferring, and updating itself, to each of the faction forums somehow, which would then limit each faction to knowing their group only.

On a second note - the admin/mods who are going to participate: they will have access to the 'other' factions so are on trust :wink: not to go spying.
Whilst I imagine we are all honest upright figures who would not dream of sneaking a look at the other faction plans, is there a way our powers could be barred from the 'other' factions' forums?
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 04:30:16 PM »
Quote from: Midaski

On a second note - the admin/mods who are going to participate: they will have access to the 'other' factions so are on trust :wink: not to go spying.
Whilst I imagine we are all honest upright figures who would not dream of sneaking a look at the other faction plans, is there a way our powers could be barred from the 'other' factions' forums?

I don't see why it would be a problem. If you want to play in the campaign, don't look at the other boards. There's nothing at stake here, so nothing to gain by cheating.
If I wanted to.

Offline Kernschatten

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 04:31:38 PM »
Quote from: Midaski
I have discovered that despite my Mod powers I can only see my faction list under 'Usergroups'.

Log out of the forum and then give it a try. You should be able to view all of the usergroups while logged out.  :wink:
"We finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you. God damn you all to hell."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 04:58:53 PM »
Quote from: Kernschatten

Log out of the forum and then give it a try. You should be able to view all of the usergroups while logged out.  :wink:

And also while logged in. But only since Helstrom (presumably) fixed it.
If I wanted to.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2005, 05:50:00 PM »
Quote from: rufus sparkfire
Quote from: Kernschatten

And also while logged in. But only since Helstrom (presumably) fixed it.

No still, for me, only Middenland Kislev - but as I have registered for that faction, that might be why.

and as Kernschatten says, if I log out I can see all the factions in the usergroups, but NOT see the faction forums!
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2005, 06:13:13 PM »
I set the usergroups to "Locked" (ie. controlled admission of members) instead of "Hidden". You should now be able to see each group and its memberlist?