home

Author Topic: Help with a Taal theme  (Read 2031 times)

Offline TheVarangian

Help with a Taal theme
« on: May 26, 2010, 03:41:29 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm a longtime lurker but this is my first post and was hoping for some inspiration.

Rather than having a single Hochland army I have broken it up into many small differently themed armies and I add to each one over time.

I have been thinking of a Taal themed army. Horrified by the abominations against nature such as Chaos, Skaven, Undead and Dwarfs :-D crawling all over Hochland, the more militant Taal worshippers have taken up arms and banded together to cleanse the province.

I have thought of using Jade wizards, Amber wizards and Warrior Priests (of Taal) as characters but I am drawing a blank for themed units. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am thinking a unit of swordsmen but with axes, some normal archers and huntsmen but beyond that can't really think of anything.

Thanks for your help.

Btw, I was only joking about the Dwarfs, in fact one of my themed armies is an Imperial Dwarf army, the 'The Hochland Guild of Dwarven Merchants, Craftsmen and Miners'

Offline Siberius

• The Minotaur Cat
Re: Help with a Taal theme
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 04:06:42 PM »
I'm also building an army of Hochland, heavily linked to Taal.

I haven't thought too much about modifying any of my units to make them fit with a Taal theme, as they are more of a hunting woodland army of the Elector Count, but they receive aid from a reclusive Warrior Priest of Taal upon his holy chariot (Arch Lector on War Altar stand in - yet to be made).

I guess maybe some kind of woodland aspects could build into your army as that is very fitting with Taal. maybe see what Wood Elf parts can sub in. I'm thinking maybe hooded wood elf scout heads for your archers and the like.
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline Auberoun

• Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 12:13:45 PM »
First of all, welcome to the forums.  (kind of  :happy:)  You can still have one on Midaski's tab  :::cheers::: 

Now, on to the matter at hand, I can see where building this type of force would be most difficult, as I too had thought extensively on it, and gave up because of the same reason of not being able to find/think of inspiration.

How about for flagellants use Wood Elf wardancers and call them followers of Rhya (Taals wife)
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline Colonel Goth

• Lord of Todbrucke
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 01:42:20 PM »
Give your greatswords two-handed axes and call them the Tin-men... (If you can, model them wearing funnels :happy:)

Offline Kirgan

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 08:31:59 PM »
Lord with Elk head or horns and Deer Cavalry some Druids for Warrior Prist's ( every different dependent of animal aspect ) and so you can make also Cavalry order ( put animal at wish to have on shields or to ride ) and Great Swords take White Lions take head from them and give some humans head etc  :happy:
Commission Painting-PM  :)

Offline TheVarangian

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 01:49:32 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help.

Those are some great ideas.

Offline Joonz

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 08:08:26 AM »
Well, you could try to make some horse archers, (pistolier horses, archer heads and arms for example) as I think they could fit well into a Taal themed army. And you could create your own Knigthly Order and give them a Hochland collour scheme and a rich history related to Taal.  :blush:
the fridge is empty, snowpanther