home

Author Topic: Kislev Army Diary (Pic heavy)  (Read 15490 times)

Offline Alexis

• Members
Kislev Army Diary (Pic heavy)
« on: June 17, 2010, 04:41:13 PM »
Hi all, after spying on the website for a number of months now I decided to add a little! As a huge Kislev fan I always wanted to do an army based solely on them. So far progress has been slowwww, I have spent a number of weeks ordering and cutting models up then painting. The models I took some photos of today are not even completem id say they are all 90% or so, but I was getting really bored and agitated by all the fiddly bits so decided to stick them all a bit early to get some C&C! Anyways.........I'm blabbing.

First unit up are my Kossars, which can also be used as huntsmen or free company.

Heres some closer shots.

Now for some of the individuals. The whole unit is converted to different degress, but I have mainly used brettonian and empire huntsmen parts along with greenstuff.

This is the local Hetman, he is grizzled and has killed many kyazak raiders, hence his eye patch and wooden leg and he is partial to a tanker of kvas or 2.. I remoddled the legs completely as I didnt like the bretonnian champion's legs.

Here is 'Valerie Chazenko', he is the best shot in the Stanitsa and when he isnt fighting he is hunting with his huge Oblast long rifle.

Here is 'Little Sasha', he is a grumpy fat kislevite who has been given the job of blowing the rota's horn as he is so full of hot air.

This is the bear tamer, Ursun is important to these kossars so they always bring one of his children to war.

Random shots of other kossars,

Finally here is the movement tray I made. I added some branches and mushrooms along with 3 trees coated in snow for a freezing Kislev feel.

Thats that for now. Next up is will be my winged lancers and horse archers. I am creating a small Stanitsa with a Kvas Brewery/Inn for my men to defend. Cheers folks!

"Dressing a bear in fine silks does not make it civilised, though in the city of Kislev it could pass at court."

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: Kislev Army Diary (Pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 04:45:59 PM »
Awesome.  Nice conversion work and painting.  If the rest is up to this standard this will be an awesome treat.  Welcome to the forum! :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 04:52:10 PM by wissenlander »
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Immovable Object

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 04:46:04 PM »
Best army I've seen in ages  :eusa_clap:

Offline Hooch

• Members
  • Formerly Hoochlander
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 04:48:03 PM »
Wow  :Ohmy:

Fantastic first post, can't wait to see more of your stuff!

Welcome to the Empire  :::cheers:::

Hooch

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 04:59:54 PM »
Fantastic! :eusa_clap:

Offline General Tomerix Rotenkopf

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 05:09:47 PM »
ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY COMPLETELY AMAZING STUFF!!!KEEP IT COMING!!! :Ohmy:
Hobbits are stupid, Talabecs are thieves and Averlanders reek of horse shit.

Offline GumbaFish

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 06:04:21 PM »
Fantastic, I love everything about it.

Offline Kossar

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 06:16:49 PM »
Amazing and inspiring!

On warhammer related message boards, a frequent form of compliment is to ask permission, or state intention, to "steal" another's ideas. This compliment presumably alludes to the belief that imitation is the highest form of flattery, and is universally received with good humor. However, I must admit, I see the compliment so often that I have to doubt that everyone who announces plans to steal an idea actually does.

So, with that in mind, trust me when I say that I promise I will steal at least one of your ideas for my own kislev force, unless you object strenuously.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 06:37:04 PM »
 :Ohmy: wow!!  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Helgrim

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 09:39:28 PM »
Stupidly epically awesomly cool  :Ohmy: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

wants.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 09:55:43 PM »
At a loss of words to describe how awesome your kislevites are so far...that being said I would absolutely love to see your rendition of the Ice Queen since the GW model for her sucks so bad.
 :::cheers::: Put one on my tab.
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline Silver Wolf

• Members
  • I see lead people.
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 10:05:10 PM »
Aye... They look very realistic...
And their hats are awesome...
"Watch the skies, traveler."
Check out my wargaming blog - The Forge of War

Offline Calibretto

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 10:47:18 PM »
Beautiful job and nice kitbashing! I particularly like your movement tray, how did you do the snow?

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 12:31:19 AM »
Thanks for all the wonderful comments so far, I hope I can get some lancers done in the next few days to add to the force.

Amazing and inspiring!

On warhammer related message boards, a frequent form of compliment is to ask permission, or state intention, to "steal" another's ideas. This compliment presumably alludes to the belief that imitation is the highest form of flattery, and is universally received with good humor. However, I must admit, I see the compliment so often that I have to doubt that everyone who announces plans to steal an idea actually does.

So, with that in mind, trust me when I say that I promise I will steal at least one of your ideas for my own kislev force, unless you object strenuously.

Sure Kossar, I am more than happy if anything I done has given you an idea for your own Kislevites! Can I ask which part?

Beautiful job and nice kitbashing! I particularly like your movement tray, how did you do the snow?
Just the regular PVA+White paint+Baking soda method, though I am getting some woodland scenic snow this weekend as I think its better in the long term.

At a loss of words to describe how awesome your kislevites are so far...that being said I would absolutely love to see your rendition of the Ice Queen since the GW model for her sucks so bad.
 :::cheers::: Put one on my tab.

:) I actually love that old model and I plan to paint it up aswell, although I reckon I shall make myself a nice Ice Witch in the near future.

"Dressing a bear in fine silks does not make it civilised, though in the city of Kislev it could pass at court."

Offline ChumpChange

• Members
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 03:02:15 AM »
ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY COMPLETELY AMAZING STUFF!!!KEEP IT COMING!!! :Ohmy:

This response so perfectly sums up how I feel that I decided to copy it to the letter! WOW!!!
 :::cheers:::
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. --Voltaire

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 04:07:59 AM »
I love it, moy druk etta ochen harosha. steveb

Offline wolfsbreath

• Members
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 07:23:43 AM »
Stunning man, just stunning  :Ohmy:

Offline Eltarach

• Members
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 10:01:05 AM »
Very nice paintjob!  :eusa_clap:

Offline Kossar

• Members
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 07:31:47 PM »
Sure Kossar, I am more than happy if anything I done has given you an idea for your own Kislevites! Can I ask which part?

Turning the great-weapon arms into chain-pulling arms. I have another bear and that is what must now happen to it.

By the way, what's your bear from? I don't remember seeing anything like that when I looked online for bear minis...

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 07:41:31 PM »

Turning the great-weapon arms into chain-pulling arms. I have another bear and that is what must now happen to it.

By the way, what's your bear from? I don't remember seeing anything like that when I looked online for bear minis...

As far as I remember its a Reaper Dire Bear, there are 2 types, the one I got and one on all 4's. Good luck :)

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 07:49:21 PM »
Your bear pwns the new model release for 8th.
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Your shoes have been put on backorder. We appreciate your custom.

Hope we are finding you shod,
Stirland

Offline Kirgan

• Members
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 08:16:34 PM »
Great Work  :::cheers::: :happy:
Commission Painting-PM  :)

Offline Henerius

• Members
  • not Henry
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 08:29:46 PM »
 my complements to you dear sir...

Quote from: Commander Bernhardt
don't listin to the evil Henerius
Quote from: steveb
if your fantasy world is not real enough, take two aspirins and go paint.  steveb

Offline Wolfenbaum

• Members
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 09:44:31 PM »
Great work with loads of character! Makes me want to paint some Kislevites. Let's hope for new minis coming up  :smile2:

Offline Jake the Snake

• Members
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 11:46:51 PM »
Damn, I've been a lurker for a long time and was just about to photograph my army and post it here for some critique. But your work puts mine so utterly to shame I'm too embarrassed.
Great great work. I really really love a complete unit, and i love the movement tray