home

Author Topic: Mace of Helsturm  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Eltrummor

• Members
Mace of Helsturm
« on: April 11, 2013, 06:12:51 AM »
This is probably the wrong board, but I couldn't find any better.  :icon_neutral:

However, what are your thoughts on the Mace of Helsturm? To those who are un-aware of what it is (or just need their memory refreshed), I'll (or GW  :wink:) explain:

THE MACE OF HELSTURM                  50 points
Magic weapon

Always Strikes Last. Requires Two Hands. The wielder of this weapon strikes at +2 Strength in close combat. Instead of attacking normally, the wielder can trade all his attacks for one special attack (wich still has the Always Strikes Last special rule). If this attack hits, it hits with Strength 10 and has Flaming Attacks and Multiple Wounds (D3) special rule.

So, what do you think about it? Is it worth it's points? How should you build around it? Discuss, gentlemen!
The Empire does not take you seriously until you've sacked Nuln

Offline Perforated

• Members
Re: Mace of Helsturm
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 11:18:09 AM »
Only worth it on a WP or AL due to their hatred and the fact that they only have two attacks to begin with. Combined with "re-roll to wound" prayer it can provide a nasty surprise :)
Stirland rabble for life!

Offline Krokz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 07:48:32 AM »
My AL with this once opened a Wood elf Treeman. Sadly it is not worth its cost against anything else ...

Offline TheBelgianGuy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 11:44:04 AM »
Or if you have a bus, like say a Reiksguard bus, and you put 2 characters in front, then the Full COmmand, then your squishy warrior priest sits in the 2nd row, away from danger. His one supporting attack then happens to be S10, flaming, etc etc.

It's very unlikely I'd ever take this though.

Offline Aineias The Scarred

• Members
  • Audax dux
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 03:24:23 PM »
Or if you have a bus, like say a Reiksguard bus, and you put 2 characters in front, then the Full COmmand, then your squishy warrior priest sits in the 2nd row, away from danger. His one supporting attack then happens to be S10, flaming, etc etc.

Situational and risky but think about your opponent's face...
"In pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello"

Offline Eltrummor

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 06:39:51 AM »

Situational and risky but think about your opponent's face...

Oh gentlemen, the only reason to even play warhammer is your opponents face after a battle wizard level 2, with the help of Von Horstmanns Speculum, swaps the stats of him and Archaon, the Everchosen.  :wink:
The Empire does not take you seriously until you've sacked Nuln

Offline zakalwe

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 10:30:25 PM »
I personally like and even enjoy this weapon why....?

Because in my local gaming community i have a certain arch lector with a reputation. He is known as MUNTHAMMER, in previous times, he would swing his mighty mace and has crushed more foes of the empire than ( blasphemy beware) sigmar himself. Indeed i can field an archlector pretending to be MUNTHAMMER and the foe flee in terror.

So i cannot take this heroic figure without his trusty Mace, and even with the changes he sill finds it viable. Yes it doesn't kill screaming bells etc in one round any more, but shush the skaven don't know that yet. And true it has less chance of killing that annoying " i get an extra attack every time i make an armour save " beastman lord outright, but hey what does MUNTHAMMER say, he says " Hey cool, general dude can i finally have that defensive gear you have bee scrimping on since like last edition now that my mace has been totally nerfed like.."

And i say, " yeah like that is totally cool with me like, but if we ever enter something more like competitive i may have to get like an extra volley gun instead, because lets face it, one of those babies is far sexiah and does more DMG than your lilly ass even when you are at your best, WORD" of the emporer like.