home

Author Topic: Gamer thread  (Read 791089 times)

Offline Sig

• Members
Re: Gamer thread
« Reply #11400 on: June 28, 2019, 11:30:11 PM »
I played Diablo 3 for a few months and then found an item I sold that covered my purchase price and promptly uninstalled.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #11401 on: June 30, 2019, 10:57:00 AM »
Steam sale is going on. I got myself Slay the Spire and Into the Breach, 2 excellent rogue-likes

You've reminded me i have into the breach on the switch! Gonna play this this evening
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #11402 on: July 01, 2019, 11:46:08 AM »
I got Diablo II at launch, and yes it was extremely hard. Still I think I would enjoy it, by grinding with a good group of friends. Sadly I think the community had change, and expected to get to the hardest level way faster.  Yes, the jump from nightmare to hell was huge, but I think the difficulty was not the biggest downfall of the game. Having the real money store made people think that they needed to invest money instead of just doing the same level x00 times (yes that was core of diablo) repetitiveness. Probably there was many other or even biggest downfalls in the conception of the game, but that's the one I remember.

I got the expansion for my b-day and install it, play a month but the community was moving too fast. Hard to play it casually, because I used to see online how fast and how much other people got. I may play it again on my own pace without knowing exactly which is the best configuration, best builds, items, etc. Getting to read my blue items, and being happy from my drops.

As a gamer I am changing a lot. I used to be really competitive and always went for the best x. Know, I do not care if I don't have the best stats, or I am not the best player. I only play 1 hour or 2 per day.

My evolution as a gamer was, Diablo I, Runescape, etc where I just played without help online and I was a noob for a long time. Then I found the help/guides/forums on the internet, and I started min-maxing everything. Now I just trying to play a good enough and if I dont know every single stats of my tank/ship/etc I do not care.

I have enjoy every phase.

Has anyone else notice a difference in their gaming style? A sort of evolution?
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #11403 on: July 02, 2019, 03:47:37 AM »
Whilst playing the historical campaigns on Age of empires 2; I think I noticed a pattern

William Wallace: Torn to pieces
Joan of Arc: Burned at the stake
El Cid: starved
Atilla the Hun: Internal bleeding or poisoned [there is some debate]
Ghengis Khan: Fell off his horse
Barbarossa: Drowned whilst wearing full armour
Makes all the hard work [especially in the Joan of Arc campaign] a little bit redundant

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #11404 on: July 03, 2019, 02:11:16 AM »
True fact. 100% of people who ate carrots 200 years ago are dead now. I suspect the carrots...

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #11405 on: July 03, 2019, 09:49:29 AM »
True fact. 100% of people who ate carrots 200 years ago are dead now. I suspect the carrots...

😸👆
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #11406 on: July 09, 2019, 07:05:57 PM »
Whilst playing the historical campaigns on Age of empires 2; I think I noticed a pattern

Makes all the hard work [especially in the Joan of Arc campaign] a little bit redundant

Nah man, it's all about the rock star image. Can't have those people flame out (sorry Joan), they need to go out with style!
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #11407 on: August 01, 2019, 03:14:37 PM »
Been Mario Making. Had a bunch of fun, then decided I wanted a level streamed by one of the most famous streamers, so joined the discord, only to find out how hard and political and self promoting the process is. I kept up my effort for about a week, made the level much better, but fell short on getting enough votes to get it considered.

But thats ok, I have new ideas and will have another crack over the coming months.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #11408 on: August 01, 2019, 05:01:38 PM »

Nah man, it's all about the rock star image. Can't have those people flame out (sorry Joan), they need to go out with style!

Or they were "taken care of"

Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #11409 on: August 02, 2019, 01:14:44 AM »
^
I didn't think of that. I'd forgotten about all the enemies those people acquired. Political science 101

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #11410 on: August 03, 2019, 02:11:35 AM »
Mods I would love to see in Civ6:

Middle Earth (you get different elf, dwarf, human, orc, and even halfling civs)

New Civ: Brotherhood of Nod (Kane as leader) with Military and Religion focus. Unique unit Nod Light Infantry. Unique Building:Hand of Nod (acts like a shrine and Encampment. Also new resource called Tiberium that shows up in the modern age which can be used like uranium and oil.

Natural Disaster: Kaiju Attack. Can be triggered after Nuke attacks.
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #11411 on: August 03, 2019, 11:07:35 AM »
Natural Disaster: Kaiju Attack. Can be triggered after Nuke attacks.

That would be cool.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #11412 on: August 03, 2019, 11:08:58 AM »
^
I didn't think of that. I'd forgotten about all the enemies those people acquired. Political science 101

Its how Ghenghis went out.
Fell off his horse / poisoned by Chinese Assassin...

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #11413 on: August 13, 2019, 07:24:00 PM »
Just binged the Hobbit Movies with my wife while on parental leave. Its...not good. But it made me hyped to re-read the Silmarillion...which in turn made me want to do something withe elves! So I reloaded Warhammer Total War 2 and started a Tyrion campaign again (I think the WH HE are the closest thing to Noldor elves). Unlike previous campaigns this one seemed a bit more cut throat and not as easy as my previous playthroughs. I think they tweaked the diplomacy a bit and what with the vampire pirates roaming around it added a bit more to the mix. I may be remembering wrong, but them seemed to have moved around some of the provinces and gave it to a near by dark elf group that typically hangs out next to the Tyrion starting location. While fighting off the Druchi devils I befriended Caledor and Ellyrion and a Vampire Pirate group invaded my friends and wrecked them up pulling me into a war with the pirates, all the while Yvresse sends a large army to take the provinces from the starting area I just conquered. I was able to deal with the invading elves and then double back to send the pirates packing.

After rebuilding my army I went up the coast conquering Yvresse and making peace with Cothique (who was being invaded by Breatonnians) so I could quickly move past them and fight the Druchi to the north of Ulthuan that all the other elves were fighting so I could get brownie points with them and also claim the Shrine of Khaine. I also recruited the White Lion General "Alastar the White Lion" and I always considered him and Tyrion bros so he helped in some the the sieges. I was able to get The Shrine of Khaine by the rest of the elves grabbed all the other provinces and threw wave after wave of their own elves at the last Druchi bastion , the phoenix gate. I decided not to waste the elves and to instead plan an invasion of the western continent to help out Alith Anar who is fighting the Druchi and Skaven on the mainland. Meanwhile orcs and Human Colonies declared war on me from the south across the sea but have yet to do anything, other than endear me to the Lizardmen that are now my friends. I was able to successfully confederate Caledor at this point. Ellyrion was able to take the phoenix gate and then all hell broke loose as all the elves declared on Saphery and want me in on the action. But with all my forces over seas fighting the Druchi I decline over and over again. I was able to take out Malekith's mom and take the Ancient City of Quintex (most lucrative piece of real estate in the game) and the Moon Strand while Alith took the other two provinces. The Everqueen lost her entire army in a battle with Saphery, and was willing to confederate with me before Saphery could start taking her cities. While trying to recover from the Druchi campaign I was able to also confederate Alith Anor and make peace with the Skaven before they could invade (but I made an alliance with the Tomb kings to the north that is at war with the Skaven). I am waiting for the happiness in my newly acquired territories to be high enough so that Tyrion and Alastar can move back to Ulthuan so I can take out Saphery and then make for the Southlands and link up with Teclis if he's still alive down in the jungle. All the while, confederating my friendly elves along the way. I was also able to build the Altar of Khaine and just need to stop by and pick up Khaine's sword. Oddly enough I have yet to unlock the mission to reclaim Tyrion's sword. I may need to look at my objectives and see what I am missing but may just opt to take the sword of Khaine for now (which has some ridiculous stats).
― Jake the Dog

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #11414 on: August 14, 2019, 09:06:20 PM »
I am utterly shocked at the lack of LotR mods for Warhammer Total War 2 on the steam workshop.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #11415 on: August 14, 2019, 10:07:38 PM »
There are a number of fanmods, depending on what do you mean by Total War 2. Medieval, Rome, Warhammer, Shogun...
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #11416 on: August 15, 2019, 07:21:12 PM »
It's a young game, and making the assets for a total overhaul mod like that takes a lot of manpower.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #11417 on: August 15, 2019, 07:54:35 PM »
I must have been dozing off to read over Warhammer Total War 2.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #11418 on: August 29, 2019, 02:25:42 PM »
dlc for markus wulfheart (empire in vortex campaign! nice) and a new lizardman lord. 2 new vortex mechanics.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-the-hunter-the-beast-faq/?fbclid=IwAR2uiaAxqXEZWc_-JjzIYIrS5nzZikW6tmLV1UpnjG9dbF2nM5_UMYtWXM0

total war empire freelc:

The free content that will be released alongside The Hunter & The Beast DLC includes the Lizardmen Legendary Lord Gor-Rok, a campaign map region rework for Mortal Empires, Empire Fort Battles, a new starting position for Balthasar Gelt and an Old World update for the Empire. Keep an eye on our social channels in the coming weeks for more info.

I want a new pc with an SSD, the load times for this were insane.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 02:42:39 PM by Finlay »

Pass the machete.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #11419 on: August 30, 2019, 01:12:24 PM »
I just watched the trailer on YouTube for this Total War expansion and you know which unit makes a return to the battlefield? The War Wagon!  :Ohmy: :biggriin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnKhFaijBBI

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #11420 on: August 30, 2019, 03:51:43 PM »
Is there proper Kislev unit assets?

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #11421 on: August 30, 2019, 04:53:40 PM »
I just watched the trailer on YouTube for this Total War expansion and you know which unit makes a return to the battlefield? The War Wagon!  :Ohmy: :biggriin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnKhFaijBBI

me when reading the FAQ

"this looks kinda cool, ill probably get it on sale"

war wagons

"ME WANT ME WANT"

i love war wagons

Pass the machete.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #11422 on: August 31, 2019, 03:22:03 AM »
a 4 minute video on how to play High Elves in Warhammer Total War 2  :-P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L99aZwGhFs
― Jake the Dog

Offline Brad

• Members
« Reply #11423 on: August 31, 2019, 09:44:51 AM »
Remnant: From the Ashes has been downloading for three days.  It better be worth it.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #11424 on: August 31, 2019, 08:46:30 PM »
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to confederate the rest of the HE factions in WHTW2. We're all on really good terms, above 100 rep (like 120 something) I have worlds most powerful military and own something like 23 towns/cities. Confederation is yellow in the diplomacy screen but they all reject it. What am I missing here?
― Jake the Dog