home

Author Topic: 2500 Empire vs Lizardmen MSU  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Botor

• Members
2500 Empire vs Lizardmen MSU
« on: June 01, 2012, 09:38:54 PM »
Hello, here is a report on a friendly match with a MSU Lizardmen list, I hope you enjoy.

Empire

Templar Grand Master, Runefang, The Other Trinckster's shard
Shadow Lord, L4, Talisman of preservation
Master Engineer
Witch Hunter, White Cloak
Warrior Priest, Armor of Silvered Steel, Luckstone
BSB, Armor of Meteoric Iron

39 Halberds, FC
       Det: 14 Swordsmen
       Det: 5 Archers
9 IC Knights, FC
28 Greatswords, FC 
3 Demigryphon Knights, Musician, Banner
Celestial Hurricanum
Great Cannon
Helblaster Volleygun

Lizardmen:

Carnosaur General
Tetto'Eko
L1 Skink priest

10 Skinks
10 Skinks 
10 skinks 
10 chameleons
25 Saurus
Stegadon
Stegadon
30 Skink HW +shield
2 Salamanders
2 Salamanders

Basicly I spent most of my time chasing skirmishers around, not so much fun if you ask me, but see for yourselves. I had to use every small units of mine, including the hurricanum and the wh operating alone to charge the skinks, in the hope of making them flee and unable to fire in the next turn. I brought my standard list but with a WH to try out instead of 2nd cannon. That was a mistake I regreted very early in the game.

DEPLOYMENT

Fearing of chameleon scouts I built a bunker for my warmachines, what made my deployment very weak on its left side. He was very eager to exploit that weakness and having placed all of my units while he had only the skirmishers on the table, he had a good possibility for it as well. My greatswords were deployed on the weak left flank, in hope of stopping the deadly lizardmen shooting phase with their armor and their numbers. Given the 4 salamanders there, this was a risky task.

TURN 1

The battle started with fearful signs for the Empire. The skies turned against them and a comet striked upon their back lines. The enemy have the support of a mighty wizard, no matter how small he is! The comet almost killed the entire artirelly support, luckily the handlers havent lost their spirit and were able to mortaly wound one of the Stegadons, and killed all of its little masters, leaving the mighty beast unable to move, mournig the little deamons.

TURN 2

Tetto'Eko that little worm called down a second comet. destroying the great cannon. The chameleons and a salamander caused havoc in the greatswords, killing one fourth of them. Having seen so many death of the finest of Altdorf,  the servant of Sigmar attached to the elite ordered a risky long range charge to avoid further casualties from lizard fire. The greatswords  ran down a unit of salamanders without hesitation and continued their attack fearlessly, running into the deadliest predator of Lustria: a Carnosaur.

TURN 3

The skink Loremaster called down another comet but this time the handlers took the machine away with some luck. The Carnosaur and his rider killed severaal greatswords, since the warrior priest cleverly (or so he thought) refused the challenge the general has offered to him. The greatswords were unable to cause a single wound to the general, he had hard armor and scaly skin bellow it. The inner circle knights with their grand master chased down the second unit of salamanders, cooling down their fire forever.

In the center the swordsmen detachment of the Halberdiers took heavy losses but they were magically enhanced by the Grey Guardian, giving them the superhuman strength with Occam's Mindrazor. The Stegadon refused to charge seeing the small humans hurling rocks with the size of his head into the air, but united fire of its crew and some skinks on foot further reduced their numbers.

Meanwhile on the right wing things turned to bad for the Empire. The skinks outmaneuvered the pompous demigryphon knights and lured them into some khermian quicksand, one monster has fallen to continuous blowgun fire, another one to treacherous ground. The last one made the lizards flee, but he was all so lonely, facing angry saurus warriors.

TURN 4

Tetto'Ekko this time have chosen a chain lighting to do his cursed job, killing a single swordsman but jumping to the halberds and stopping in the unfortunate witch hunter on its next step. The witch hunters body was so severely burned by the lighting that only his molten "sacred duty" medallion was to be found after the battle. Another volley from the skinks made the swordsmen loose their spirit and flee through the halberdiers.

The magical duel between the two sides quickly evened out when the Grey Guardian opened the ground below the remaining Stegadon sending it to the ninth hell. The beast disappeared to the pit of shades with a remarkably faint "puff".

To add insult to injury the grand master made two wounds to the enemy general in a challenge and made him run. He did not run far though, the knights mercilessly chopped him down, along with his foul monster.

TURN 5

Suddenly the soldiers of Altdorf stopped cheering, when the center took another hit. The saurus warriors charged the fleeing swordsmen and overran to the halberdiers, making them flee. Luckily they were able to reform shortly after, facing the saurus this time. A comet finished off the already weakened wizard wagon.

The Grand master killed the clueless stegadon with a merciful blow, the greatswords reformed to continue their fight.

Skink blowguns were once again successful killing all the remaining greatswords, the bearer of the banner of Altdorf, who was detached from them, fearing for the safety of the colors, were killed by Tetto'Eko, Let Sigmar erase his name from the History!

We stopped the battle because we wrongly thought that empire had the first turn.

Victory for the Empire!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 04:54:49 PM by Botor »