home

Author Topic: 9th Edition Rumor ** small rumor**  (Read 15051 times)

Offline mottdon

• Members
Re: 9th Edition Rumor ** small rumor**
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 04:42:31 PM »
Boy, the rebuilding/construction industry must be uber lucrative in the Warhammer world.   :-P

Offline iatroblast

• Members
  • Invincibility at no extra charge!
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2015, 04:51:55 PM »
all we have to do is wait for the comic relief to end the war

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2015, 06:06:12 PM »
I think Patrick Duffy is going to wake up in the shower and it was all a dream.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Casual

• Members
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2015, 06:12:23 PM »
Oooooh I like the sound of the small skirmish game!

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2015, 06:58:34 PM »
Having Grimgor Ironhide literally save the world could have been a brilliant ending to a melodramatic, grimdark fairy tale if it wasn't so poorly executed.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Online Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2015, 07:22:34 PM »

Unless it is the shower scene from Psycho.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2015, 07:51:44 PM »

Unless it is the shower scene from Psycho.

OK, how's this...

I think Patrick Duffy is going to wake up in the shower covered in blood and a collection of fantasy wargaming miniatures.

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2015, 08:57:36 PM »

Or comet relief as a twin-tailed comet crashes into the Warhammer world.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline Philhelm

• Members
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2015, 09:04:25 PM »
I heard women will start playing warhammer

That would be horrific.  If I wanted to be around those double-X, genetic freaks, I'd spend time with my wife.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2015, 09:29:42 PM »
 :icon_eek:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2015, 07:35:23 AM »
Anyway, I've heard that Valten will get killed, and Grimgor will headbutt Archanon then just walk away disappointed, effectively putting an end to the End of Times.
One can only hope.  :closed-eyes:

Valten ain't so bad. The main problem with him is his current status. He's just a guy with a hammer now, while before he was the Sigmar Incarnate. :unsure:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2015, 08:22:00 AM »
Anyway, I've heard that Valten will get killed, and Grimgor will headbutt Archanon then just walk away disappointed, effectively putting an end to the End of Times.

Valten ain't so bad. The main problem with him is his current status. He's just a guy with a hammer now, while before he was the Sigmar Incarnate. :unsure:

Indeed, it is quite the demotion in importance. However, it does mean Sigmar is still in the game. In the Storm of Chaos it was implied Sigmar died and Ulric took his place, it seems the End Times have reversed the situation.

Also, I think a moment of silence is in order for poor Thunderball. I know not if he was retconned but since Middenheim has fallen he surely has died once again. Sleepwell giant defender of Middenheim.   :cry:
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2015, 08:54:15 AM »
Or comet relief as a twin-tailed comet crashes into the Warhammer world.

:smile2:

'Tis a lesson you should heed: Try, try, try again. If Morsslieb don't succeed,: Try, try, try again.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2015, 08:55:26 AM »

Indeed, it is quite the demotion in importance. However, it does mean Sigmar is still in the game. In the Storm of Chaos it was implied Sigmar died and Ulric took his place, it seems the End Times have reversed the situation.

Also, I think a moment of silence is in order for poor Thunderball. I know not if he was retconned but since Middenheim has fallen he surely has died once again. Sleepwell giant defender of Middenheim.   :cry:

Hopefully not as a mutated mass of tentacles this time...

On the subject of Sigmar. I don't recall him dying in SoC, nor any implications of his death. In fact the WFRP 2nd edition material indicated that he was alive and well, especially "The Thousand Thrones" campaign. :-P
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 02:45:08 PM »
this just came down the line...interesting if true  :::cheers:::

Re: Warhammer - And Now For Something Completely Different
My understanding based on reading the collective rumors, is that the game isn't a Skirmish Game - it is a scalable game. In other words - New Player  Joe goes out and buys a starter box which features four units - two of 10 and 2 of 5. These units can be deployed in skirmish formation and played right away. However, Joe likes one of the units and buys an expansion box for it, getting one unit of 20. He now deploys that unit in block formation (with bonuses for doing so), while keeping the rest of the units in Skirmish. This allows the game to scale from small to large and grows along with the player. This allows a lower entry (in money and prep time), promotes steady growth into an army instead of an "All in from the git-go" approach that is turning away players, and provides more "footprint size" on the game table, so that small scale games don't feel so much as like "one deck of cards and two sticks of gum".

:closed-eyes:

Again - aggregate evaluation of rumors (and actually heard this stated directly as well).

Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 03:09:33 PM »
What the heck does "one deck of cards and two sticks of gum" mean?

Anyway, that could be a good solution.  small units are considered to be skirmished while larger units rank up and get the rank bonuses.  Makes sense to me.  You don't really get the benefit of ranks even after a skirmished unit goes into CC (maybe one), but if I am marching a unit of 10 Halberdiers as a detachment for a unit of Greatswords, it would be nice for them to get that -1 to shooting for being considered skirmished. 

Makes sense fluff wise as well.  A unit with fewer guys in it will be able to move around more easily.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 03:13:37 PM »
Of course, it makes sense. They could have done this years ago. Still no reason to dispense with the current setting (which seems to be likely). On the contrary, you would think the current setting is perfect for fluff on all levels.

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 03:53:00 PM »
Yeah, even if I don't believe the rumors at all, I still would have absolutely no idea where GW is going with this EoT storyline. 

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2015, 04:55:17 PM »
I am not sure GW has any idea either.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2015, 05:02:53 PM »
Yeah, even if I don't believe the rumors at all, I still would have absolutely no idea where GW is going with this EoT storyline.

It is not EoT, it is ET. And that is probably where they are going: ExtraTerrestial.

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2015, 05:52:39 PM »
It'll be kinda amusing if it turns out they make a really great game after all the complaining that has gone on based purely on rumours.
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2015, 06:08:04 PM »
Well, as long as I can still play Warhammer like Warhammer I will give it a try. I probably still wont get over what they have done to the setting, and I will mostly ignore the changes and run with the Nordland army as i intended.

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2015, 06:34:06 PM »
Yeah, I mean it may be rubbish or it may turn out good. But why spend months being upset over it before you've even really seen what it will be, yet alone experienced it?
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2015, 06:55:28 PM »
Because we live in the vain hope that expressing our views may perhaps make GW think again, if the rumours are in fact true?

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2015, 07:22:06 PM »
Yeah, I mean it may be rubbish or it may turn out good. But why spend months being upset over it before you've even really seen what it will be, yet alone experienced it?

Because we are worried that GW might screw it all up?