home

Author Topic: Something new??? (new army closer than the horizon)  (Read 78743 times)

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Re: Something new??? (new army closer than the horizon)
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2009, 09:12:39 PM »
What's Planetstrike?

Put siege in 40K, add rules that work, lots of resourses, and you have it.

Attack and defend game.

Another expansion after CoD and Apokalypse.

Excellent stuff.
My hood is my castle...

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 09:32:49 PM »
My plaguemarines will love Planetstrike. Of course I shall have many diseased guardsmen under my sway.
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline Badwolf

• Members
  • 10mm KoW
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 10:56:29 PM »
Harking back to 1st ed.....

Gnomes ..... Yeah, lets have Gnomes as an army again or .....

Halflings ..... And why not? Sure there are Halflings in the Moot but the entire species surely can't be confined to such a small area, there must be more of them about somewhere.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2009, 11:06:22 PM »
Well Skaven have been pencilled into October...

But Beastmen have been rumored to have jumped them so we have no clue whats next.  Might be this thing we are all talking about...

Perhaps this is why they have been so tight lipped?

Phil
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2009, 11:07:39 PM »
Or perhaps they're all tight lipped due to a new policy.

Don't Ask, Don't Tell  :engel:

Wait. That doesn't make sense. We ask all the damn time. Oh hell, I'll press post anyway and forget about it.

Offline offroadfury88

• Members
  • Und die Vögel singen nicht mehr
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009, 03:22:14 AM »
I kinda like the secrecy, makes all us fans wait and wonder with the glee of children

Whoever said the Haradrim might be right, combine them with the Easterlings and you had a really freaking cool LotR army. I wouldnt be suprised to see that transfer to the Warhammer world
Happiness never decreases by being shared.
 -The Buddha

An act of kindness surpasses a thousand prayers
 -Sa'di

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
  • A.K.A Skabilly Takamaster.
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2009, 04:39:22 AM »
Yay!!! OFfreroad.
From feanor fire heart:

"In west virginia why couldnt they have sex ed and drivers ed on the same day?  Because its too much work for the donkey"

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2009, 07:01:30 AM »
Thermo-Nuclear Tactical Longbows - Chaos Elf longbows are modeled after historical longbows, not the crack induced weak things that Gav and his monkey team put out.  I can't tell you how many tournaments I lost because of this.  Anyway, Chaos Elf Longbows have a 36" range and are S4 with a -2 to the armor save.  They can be fired on the move.  In fact, Chaos Elves can fire them even when marching.

I soooooooo love this one  :biggriin:

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2009, 09:38:50 AM »
I love this one :

Chaos Elf Armour - Chaos Elf Armour is very light weight, yet nearly indestructible.  As such, it never encumbers the wearer or the mount and no movement penalty will ever be established.  Chaos Elf Armour gives the wearer a 4+ armor save.  In addition, the save can never be modified past a 4+ no matter from what source hits the wearer.  This includes attacks that would normally not allow an amour save.  Elves have lived a long time and learned this secret in other books like Lord of the Rings, so it's pretty stupid and appalling that they wouldn't have it here either.

and this :

Fight in Ranks - All Chaos Elves always fight with an extra rank in hand to hand combat.  It doesn't matter what type of unit, be it cavalry, infantry, or even artillery.  Thus chaos elven spearmen fight in three ranks, chaos elven swordsmen fight in two ranks, and even chaos elven cavalry fights in two ranks.

This is because they are so drilled and skilled.  I mean... they were all spearmen once.  It's not like they are going to forget how to fight in ranks just because they pick up a sword!

actually i love it all :D
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2009, 11:50:07 AM »
It's like Ulthuan.net and the mentality behind the HE book wrapped up in one ultimate, completely balanced army list.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2009, 01:26:16 PM »
Wait a minute patsy, my sarcasm detector just had a small blip.

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2009, 03:27:46 PM »
About when this was posted originally, it was on April 3rd.
From feanor fire heart:

"In west virginia why couldnt they have sex ed and drivers ed on the same day?  Because its too much work for the donkey"

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2009, 04:31:26 PM »
Wait a minute patsy, my sarcasm detector just had a small blip.
It's just a bird.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2009, 04:36:33 PM »
About when this was posted originally, it was on April 3rd.

Also, there was a rumour some time ago that during a senior staff meeting in England GW showed something that made the crowd really excited but no facts were descibed except that it was completely new and awesome. It wasn't Planetstrike as it was detailed during that meeting.

Here's hoping something that will break my Empire only love (WFB that is).
My hood is my castle...

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 01:54:11 AM »
O.k, I am now confirming this rumor as True!!!!

Saw some sculpts and a bit of artwork today, I am not allowed to divulge any more info than that....
From feanor fire heart:

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2009, 02:09:43 AM »
I was thinking about it today and I think this would be a cool idea (ok so I was day dreaming that I didn't get into the navy and instead became a Games Designer for GW).

But I'd do Cathay which is based on china etc. or at least this area of the world. Now Jade amulets and Jade in general hold special significance with Fung Shui, I know because I have my own little jade statues (like 1 inch long, 1 inch high, 4 of them roped together, said to bring me luck when I carry them on me).

SO.

How cool would it be if in the Warhammer world these amulets weren't jade but WARPSTONE! So there is an entire race of humans who aren't particularly bad however they all have a warpstone charm next to their hearts.

Pretty much mutation within the Empire is rife and they believe that this is the gods being angry at them for some reason or another meaning they are a highly devout and religious society, constantly rubbing their spiritual charms to bring good luck.

There are many chaos cells but the Heavenly Host as the main army is called is still a "good" guy however packs of mutants can be bought representing soldiers/family members who have succumbed to the warpstone being given 1 last chance at salvation to clear their obviously damned souls.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2009, 02:15:02 AM »
I hope its Cathay. My Chaos Dwarves and Araby armies are still WiP, Cathay I haven't even started yet.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2009, 02:24:31 AM »
O.k, I am now confirming this rumor as True!!!!

Saw some sculpts and a bit of artwork today, I am not allowed to divulge any more info than that....

Also how did you see the scuplts and artwork in the middle of Wyoming?
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2009, 02:44:36 AM »
The man who owns my LGS used to work at GW in England, he got to be good friends with a man who is now a developer. This developer sent him an E-mail with some info on the new army. When I brought up the possibility of a new race emerging to some of the other guy's who were playing warhammer with me he called me into his office and showed me his e-mail, though I am not supposed to tell anyone what was seen. Let me tell you, this is going to be fantastic :-D

The only problem being is that GW might not make it tourney legal, they are bringing out 2 new rules sets near the end of this year.

The first one is going to be a rule book for tournaments, it will include restrictions on numbers of certain types of units that can be taken, limits on amount of power dice depending on your points level and restrictions on how many ranged weapons that you can have. There is a lot more going to be in it but that is the basic jist of it.

The second one is for an Apocalypse style warhammer.

This new army will only be available in the current rules set which will be basically for friendly games (possibly).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 02:48:41 AM by Dannyfave »
From feanor fire heart:

Offline fauthsie

• Members
  • Animosity Team GM
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2009, 03:03:02 AM »
How interesting....well maybe you might want to tell those crazy's on Warseer.... i think their heads are going to explode....
A new Campaigning home....

http://animositycampaigns.com/joomla

FAUTHSIE CAMPAIGN CONSULTING INC.... I MAKE YOUR CAMPAIGN GO!!!

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2009, 03:11:28 AM »

I thought we already had that with Legendary Battles?
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2009, 03:24:32 AM »
Yes, but there will be an actual book coming out for it.
From feanor fire heart:

Offline neverness

• Members
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2009, 03:35:21 AM »
This is fascinating and actually makes a bit of sense. With the 2009 Grand Tournaments cancelled, as of the last few days, what you're saying does add up: GW are seriously reorganizing how they conduct tourneys, and it's so big that they had to scrap this year's events!

By the way DannyFave, I enjoyed seeing how you got the users at Warseer all worked up with your 'Angels of Order/anti-chaos' suggestion: I think that discussion spread out to a few pages!

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2009, 04:19:20 AM »
And how wrong I was  :icon_neutral:.... It is , in my opinion something waaaayyyyyy cooler.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 04:23:44 AM by Dannyfave »
From feanor fire heart:

Online Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2009, 04:56:59 AM »
I don't care too much about tournament rulebooks etc., but this one:

..sounds awesome. Giant creatures and machines, well-designed missions/scenarios/objectives. that would be sweet. I hope you are not pulling our legs Mr. Fave!

Also, I can't believe they are bringing out a new army when they can't even update the current ones in a reasonable time frame.

so when will people-in-the-know be allowed to divulge more information to the huddling masses?
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)