home

Author Topic: Happy and Random Thoughts!  (Read 855512 times)

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
Re: Happy and Random Thoughts!
« Reply #8425 on: August 02, 2017, 08:39:48 AM »
Looking good there Artobans. Keep it up, you're a truly inspiring person with tons of optimism.

Also I really dig that game room. :biggriin:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8426 on: August 02, 2017, 09:04:37 AM »
Day 366 since I dropped dead last year. I tried to stay up last night to that fateful hour (11:00) but was just too tired and really didn't give a crap. Anyway I'm still here and continue to pay bills 😸
On the other hand I managed to get this hobby room up and running again and almost finished painting a squad of space woofs, played 5 out of six scenarios in the skirmish campaign and read quite a bit of books including one Terry Pratchett book which was insanely funny. I think my priorities are shining thru lol.

Congrats -

9 months for me, and the better news is I retire on August 31st.

Here's to us and necromancy ......................  :engel:

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #8427 on: August 02, 2017, 10:45:10 AM »
Working on yet another book. This one is about terrible movies.
Strong chance it will not be published but i'm having fun working on it anyway.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8428 on: August 02, 2017, 12:45:52 PM »
Day 366 since I dropped dead last year. I tried to stay up last night to that fateful hour (11:00) but was just too tired and really didn't give a crap. Anyway I'm still here and continue to pay bills 😸
On the other hand I managed to get this hobby room up and running again and almost finished painting a squad of space woofs, played 5 out of six scenarios in the skirmish campaign and read quite a bit of books including one Terry Pratchett book which was insanely funny. I think my priorities are shining thru lol.

Congrats -

9 months for me, and the better news is I retire on August 31st.

Here's to us and necromancy ......................  :engel:

Yes sir! We need a name for our group. Nagash certainly didn't want our hides so the hell with him 😸
What a perfect day for retirement!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8429 on: August 02, 2017, 12:52:39 PM »
Any day your not dead is a happy day indeed! Especially when those days are filled with Terry Pratchett.

Ha!Ha! That has a good feel about it 😺

Looking good there Artobans. Keep it up, you're a truly inspiring person with tons of optimism.

Also I really dig that game room. :biggriin:

Thank you. Xath, but looking in the mirror makes me think of Padre's walking dead hair experiment 😸☠️
And I am loving that room of sanctity. Already to small to small for the size of bard so I think I'll reduce it to 3x5 and put some shelves up along the stone part to throw the armies on.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8430 on: August 05, 2017, 08:26:33 PM »
Just skimming thru SKS 'a blog and Xath's blog. Great battle report SKS and I have to say I really want to try the new 40k now. Never heard of a librarian dread before. And checking out Xath's blog and I come across his new recipes! This blins look awesome and that cold soup sounds fantastic. It's really like cold Cucumber  soup here. There was a restaurant in merrickville that used to have this on the menu. It was so good, that was one of the main reasons going there. After they dropped it that was it. Well done on the snack department!

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.ca/2017/07/food-for-thought-or-how-to-feed-your.html?m=1
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 08:29:45 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #8431 on: August 14, 2017, 10:02:50 AM »
Just skimming thru SKS 'a blog and Xath's blog. Great battle report SKS and I have to say I really want to try the new 40k now. Never heard of a librarian dread before. And checking out Xath's blog and I come across his new recipes! This blins look awesome and that cold soup sounds fantastic. It's really like cold Cucumber  soup here. There was a restaurant in merrickville that used to have this on the menu. It was so good, that was one of the main reasons going there. After they dropped it that was it. Well done on the snack department!

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.ca/2017/07/food-for-thought-or-how-to-feed-your.html?m=1

I'm glad that you like it! I reccomend it. It's easy to make, delicious and very healthy. Also new post will be today, so stay tuned. ;)
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #8432 on: August 17, 2017, 08:27:50 PM »
Just spent a week in south of France near Nimes, rented a old mill house on a river with a pool. Weather has been amazing. Not a cloud and 30 - 33 degrees ( nearly 100 for my colonial friends) every day. Few mosquitoes bites, but nothing to worry about. I also took my sister in law and her three kids away with us after a rough couple of months for them.

Back home tomorrow for the weekend then it's a bank holiday weekend next weekend and then also have Friday off for my 40th bday so only a three day week!

There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #8433 on: August 17, 2017, 09:57:11 PM »
Great pics, looks like you're still going strong near 40 (and there's no reason to stop I tell you!).
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8434 on: August 18, 2017, 07:11:39 AM »

I see Finlay tagged along too, wasn't there room for him in the villa ................................  :engel:

Enjoy the 40th and your 3-day week

Come September I have a '0' day week every week  :biggriin:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #8435 on: August 18, 2017, 10:37:08 AM »
Looked like you had fun. :) Cool photos!

Gneisenau

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #8436 on: August 18, 2017, 01:49:10 PM »
great photos fr1day!
great view from the window.

did you drive?
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #8437 on: August 18, 2017, 02:13:00 PM »
So I'm proud to announce that we are adopting my 10 year old cousin Willow. She has been put though so much turmoil that no one should have to endure. She will now come to a safe place with proper school, family, and home. If you are a person of faith keep us in your prayers if not positive vibes or thoughts as this is a HUGE deal for us.     
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #8438 on: August 18, 2017, 02:23:33 PM »
Sod being in the car with the kids for that long.  We flew to Montpellier and hired a car.
The mill house was both massive and brilliant
Master bedroom

Glass floor in bedroom over kitchen.

Kitchen

Front terrace with covered area under grape vine

Games room

Rear garden and pool

Lounge

Mezzanine bedroom

A great place in an old roman town. The bridge in the town was built in 19AD and still has vehicles going over it. Quality engineering in those days.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:18:25 AM by FR1DAY »

So why you complaining!

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #8439 on: August 18, 2017, 02:37:30 PM »
Nice !

Next year, we all get to come along though, right ?

Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #8440 on: August 18, 2017, 03:12:01 PM »
how much was the house? looks lush.

Pass the machete.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8441 on: August 18, 2017, 03:54:49 PM »
So I'm proud to announce that we are adopting my 10 year old cousin Willow. She has been put though so much turmoil that no one should have to endure. She will now come to a safe place with proper school, family, and home. If you are a person of faith keep us in your prayers if not positive vibes or thoughts as this is a HUGE deal for us.   

Fantastic Zak. This is what family is about. The child is fortunate to be in your care and considering the immense responsibility this entails does your person justice. Not sure the tradegy that brought this to you but good on you and your fam for providing.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #8442 on: August 18, 2017, 05:12:25 PM »
That looks great for a family break, Fr1day. Could you possibly give a link to a website for details?
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #8443 on: August 19, 2017, 11:28:00 AM »
Zak. Well done it's a great thing you've done. All kids just need someone to love them, it's really important.

http://holidaymoulin.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/practical-stuff.html?m=1

As it was high season I think I paid £2300 for the week. But sleeps 7/9. Flights on easy jet and car hire isn't expensive. Everything there costs the same or slightly more than here. Especially food as there is vat on it all. Worth it. Went to Portugal last year which was cheaper but not as good or relaxed.

So why you complaining!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8444 on: August 19, 2017, 01:00:17 PM »
Incredible Friday. Worth every penny!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 01:03:44 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #8445 on: August 21, 2017, 11:41:52 PM »
Trumpelstitlskin looked straight at the eclipse, because of course he did.

Pass the machete.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #8446 on: August 22, 2017, 01:51:57 PM »
well I flew a total of 14 hours got the little girl flew home. She is doing great, taking her to in roll into school, than doctor, dentists, and back to school shopping. Her shoes were too tight when I get her so I had to buy a pair in the airport ( good grief airports crap is expensive haha) SHe is doing well a few issues we will work out but she is a blessing in our home!! thanks for the well wishes
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8447 on: August 22, 2017, 03:27:34 PM »
Yaaaayaaaee! Or something like that. (Thinking of Kermit the frog waving his limbs wildly and yelling)
I don't have a meme for that lol.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #8448 on: August 22, 2017, 07:30:44 PM »
Good to hear zak! Airport stuff practically costs a limb now a days, but its great that she's home and doing well.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #8449 on: August 22, 2017, 09:18:22 PM »
Just got back from 9 nights of Tenerife, great holiday (though I don't really like flying), now still a small week before work calls again on the 28th
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989