home

Author Topic: Happy and Random Thoughts!  (Read 855419 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Happy and Random Thoughts!
« Reply #7475 on: February 01, 2016, 03:18:40 PM »
http://www.phillyvoice.com/john-scott-fan-vote-as-captain-gets-mvp-at-all-sta/

This need to be a movie.

fuck the nhl for trying to suppress it.
I read the article, yet don't understand it.  Somebody help a well less than regular NHL watcher be aware of what is going on with it?
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #7476 on: February 01, 2016, 05:15:12 PM »

The league tried to invigorate interest in the all star game by allowing fan voting for the players, and the captains of each team going (and format changeS).
the nhl fans and the internet thought it would be good to vote for John Scott to not only be an all star, but be a captain of one of the 4 teams. At first I think this was just trolling, but then it becomes a genuine cool story.
He has 5 career goals, and is a journeyman/minor league talent. 6 different major league teams in an 8 year career.

The league tried to get him not to attend, first by asking him. He decided he was going anyway.
So they facilitated a bullshit trade to send him out of the division (from arizona to montreal. His wife is due to give birth to twins any minute), and then the team he was traded to sent him to the minors, basically making him not allowed to be in the all star-game.

NHL realised they were being retards, and let him play.

He scored 2 goals in 4 games, was voted MVP DESPITE the league not putting him on the ballot, won a jeep, a million dollars.

Great story. Could be a move script.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7477 on: February 01, 2016, 05:20:48 PM »
Ha!  More power to him!  There is good in life!

And definitely a movie script in that story.

It'll be interestgin to see if the NHL changes there picture on the all-star stuff again.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #7478 on: February 01, 2016, 05:26:05 PM »

it's the sort of thing that might now happen more often, but it won't be as funny/cool/spontaneous next time.

Ironically it massively boosted the profile of the all-star game, more than anyhting the NHL itself had been able to do.

Maybe next year they'll just lock down the voting and not allow write-ins.

Pass the machete.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #7479 on: February 01, 2016, 10:54:32 PM »
The league tried to invigorate interest in the all star game by allowing fan voting for the players, and the captains of each team going (and format changeS).
the nhl fans and the internet thought it would be good to vote for John Scott to not only be an all star, but be a captain of one of the 4 teams. At first I think this was just trolling, but then it becomes a genuine cool story.
He has 5 career goals, and is a journeyman/minor league talent. 6 different major league teams in an 8 year career.

That is the real happy version but the troll goes beyond that. Fans voted in a notorious goon as a big middle finger to the league. The league, of course not willing to be made the fool, acted vindictively and help orchestrate a very shady trade to keep him out. He went and won the MVP purse and truck also despite the best efforts of the league.

It has also been pointed by some hockey fans that while it may nice now there is a chance Scott's career as a NHL player is over. The fans were right troll the league because it is perhaps the worst run in all of North American sports but if it could coerce front offices to make this trade in the first place what will it do in the future, after folks perhaps have forgotten the events of this weekend, to essentially take out their anger on Scott, the only factor to which they have any power. Scott sits at 281 games played, 119 short of an NHL pension, I hope he makes it to it and though I am no fan of the goon/enforcer type player, it would be sad if this brief bit of comeuppance to the NHL deprives Scott of financial security later in life.

Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7480 on: February 04, 2016, 01:31:31 PM »
I hate buying new shoes, because they're expensive, it's hard to get ones I like in my size, and I'd rather go barefoot anyway. But, I ordered some from the internet which fit well and I quite like the look of! So hurrah.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #7481 on: February 04, 2016, 03:16:29 PM »
I hate buying new shoes, because they're expensive, it's hard to get ones I like in my size, and I'd rather go barefoot anyway. But, I ordered some from the internet which fit well and I quite like the look of! So hurrah.

Wait, you bought shoes:-o
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7482 on: February 04, 2016, 03:35:06 PM »
Hey, it gets cold here! If I lived in Florida I genuinely would never wear shoes.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7483 on: February 04, 2016, 04:18:33 PM »
Except to my wedding. :icon_wink:

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #7484 on: February 04, 2016, 04:26:39 PM »
I've been to Florida and I remember a lot of snakes and alligators. I'm not sure it's the best barefooted place.

Have you see Cody Lundene the survival guy? He lives in Arizona and never wears shoes during his survival stuff.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #7485 on: February 04, 2016, 05:39:34 PM »
Getting my painting stuff out tonight!

Now hopefully I can remember my Skitarii scheme....

Still need to fix the basing for the walker, which is what threw me off last time really.

Pass the machete.

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #7486 on: February 05, 2016, 12:19:54 PM »
Airbnb has just provided us with a fabulous home in the old town of Palma. Can't wait to explore the island together with my kids.  :happy:

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #7487 on: February 07, 2016, 02:52:24 PM »

Sunday afternoon paint session

Pass the machete.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7488 on: February 07, 2016, 05:40:12 PM »
That is so cool Finlay.  :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #7489 on: February 07, 2016, 06:17:35 PM »
Your boy looks like your twin, Finlay. Not necessarily smaller, just further away.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #7490 on: February 07, 2016, 07:18:23 PM »
That is proper parenting
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #7491 on: February 07, 2016, 07:22:06 PM »
Finally got a proper training session with sword & buckler after having a minor injury earlier. Felt so good to hit and feel the pain of hits again
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #7492 on: February 07, 2016, 07:34:58 PM »
Agreed parenting at it's finest.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #7493 on: February 07, 2016, 07:58:07 PM »
It lasted about five minutes longer once I took the photo! Oh well.

Ted was saying later he wanted to paint my models and I explained we would when he was older and play games with them!

Pass the machete.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #7494 on: February 07, 2016, 08:12:40 PM »

Ted was saying later he wanted to paint my models and I explained we would when he was older and play games with them!

*starts with an evil smirk on his face* Try AoS even a 6 year old can start to understand the basics and you can have simple easy games with it!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #7495 on: February 07, 2016, 08:36:06 PM »
Ive finished my january painting goal, only 7 days late, but done. I blood hate painting vehicles, the landspeeder storm took those 7 days.

Keeping it happy i think i can get feburarys done on time. Even have an extra day!
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #7496 on: February 07, 2016, 10:09:37 PM »

*starts with an evil smirk on his face* Try AoS even a 6 year old can start to understand the basics and you can have simple easy games with it!

That's akin to showing him episode 1 instead of episode 4 first. I don't want to scar him for life.

Ive finished my january painting goal, only 7 days late, but done. I blood hate painting vehicles, the landspeeder storm took those 7 days.

Keeping it happy i think i can get feburarys done on time. Even have an extra day!
the main thing that puts me off 40k. I hate painting vehicles as well.

Pass the machete.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #7497 on: February 08, 2016, 12:34:13 AM »
Depends on your technique. Painting pristine rhinos is boring, going nuts with dirt and damage is fun.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7498 on: February 08, 2016, 01:57:36 AM »

That's akin to showing him episode 1 instead of episode 4 first. I don't want to scar him for life.
  :icon_lol: :::cheers::: :::cheers:::

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #7499 on: February 08, 2016, 03:28:49 AM »

Haha, nice try! :biggriin:

Anyway, these videos gave me a good laugh. They're about the new stars wars film so I guess spoiler warning?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT8649zYedk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma_yQgfO3xQ
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.