home

Author Topic: Handgunners (counts-as-jaegers)  (Read 3783 times)

Offline skipper

• Members
Handgunners (counts-as-jaegers)
« on: February 06, 2010, 01:42:59 PM »
Realistically, there is nothing wrong with the current handgunners (apart from no armor....) but, much could be done to 'spiffy' them up a bit for fluff reasons.

This is especially true for Hochland, famous for its Jaegers, which are units of HLR-wielding sniping maniacs.

Sadly, they don't exist.

So, I propose an option for an upgrade from Handgunners to Jaegers, with the same stats. However, the unit would count as a special slot (?) and the cost would go up to  10-12 pts. per model. Unit size would preferably be 5-10 (snipers, after all, do not attend battle in large units) and these fellows would also have the skirmishing ability. No armor, just sniping prowess.

Ideas?

Offline Union General

• Members
  • Kicking butt since 1863.
Re: Handgunners (counts-as-jaegers)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 06:50:15 PM »
Would they still be able to pick out characters? If so, they could be dangerously overpowered.

-The General
I like your thinking  Mr. General  what a Genius

Offline kk14

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 01:50:30 AM »
lol.
I just posted a similar thread in the Special choices section.  :icon_rolleyes:
I think handgunners with sniper rifles is a bit much. But could be very cool. If skirmished they would make great war machine defenders.
If you can't convince the voters to accept your view, and you take to the gun, you are by definition anti-American.

Veni, Vidi, domum meum redire volo.

Offline Batu

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 08:57:22 PM »
It would be nice if they gave the huntsmen choice in the armylist BS 4 and gave them the option for handgunns, longbows, or x-bows.
It is not the army you must fear....But their General !

Offline Union General

• Members
  • Kicking butt since 1863.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 01:03:16 AM »
It would be nice if they gave the huntsmen choice in the armylist BS 4 and gave them the option for handgunns, longbows, or x-bows.

Huntsmen with handguns... that would be awesome.

-The General
I like your thinking  Mr. General  what a Genius