home

Author Topic: I have no problem getting my halberdiers to do their job  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Forsaken

• Members
  • Long Live the Flagellants
I have no problem getting my halberdiers to do their job
« on: June 28, 2011, 04:26:09 AM »
 :::cheers:::

I know everyone thinks that Halberdiers suck but face it they are the same price as a clan rat with spear and sheild and we get the same 6 + save so what do you expext for 5 points a model. Mine do their job just fine and this is how I use them. First off i use my regiments like upgraded detachments 20+ models with full comand. Then I deploy them next to another unit that can take a bit more damage and deal some back, greatswords spearmen ect. But I also deploy them further back then to first unit so that unit gets charged not my Halies, whom cant take that much damage. Then after the first unit is engaged I then use the Halberdiers to counter attack hopefully a flank. i have seen my halies get decimated many times but the trick above works best. I do the same thing with my Skaven armies as well.

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
Re: I have no problem getting my halberdiers to do their job
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 11:20:24 PM »
I think it depends on how I run mine when they deliver their best performances(mostly when I am flanking and rear charging).

If I am playing my infantry empire army, they are usually the heavy hitters, the ones doing the combat wounds to the enemy. Along with my knights and greatswordsmen. My spearmen and swordsmen are the ones I use to hold the lines with while those 'combat' units wipe the crud off.
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::