home

Author Topic: Battalion Box and new Chaos Terrain  (Read 31900 times)

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
Re: Battalion Box and new Chaos Terrain
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2009, 04:26:21 PM »
Quite the opposite, I'm dying of laughter over here.

Midaski, you shit!   :icon_lol:
The first school of thought is that the ragged-assed Stirlanders, not having two coppers to rub together, nicked it when an elven envoy was passing through the area and had hopped off it to take a pee behind a tree

Offline Shadowwolf

• Members
  • Post quality makes you a veteran gamer!
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2009, 06:45:12 PM »
Wait 'till Skulltaker sees this... He's going to end up a drooling, cackling manga figure with plushy hearts instead of eyes.

And then he'll spend a century dragging each of the skulls back to his master. Problem solved.

Shadowwolf
On the right only red, to your left all is white
Ev'ryone's holding, stay in the fight!
White to the right side, left only red
Run like the others, or you'll end up dead!
Talabheim State Troop proverb
Deviantart? http://dlshadowwolf.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2009, 06:47:15 PM »
Wait 'till Skulltaker sees this... He's going to end up a drooling, cackling manga figure with plushy hearts instead of eyes.

Now all he needs are the plushy hearts...

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2009, 06:53:34 PM »
I began to wonder

Is the terrain prepainted?

I'd be quite surprised if this was the case.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2009, 09:19:40 PM »
I'm really starting to lose it here. What is this supposed to be, a friggin' charnel house? Do GW sculptors get paid by the number of skulls they can model? Did they get their job description wrong and read "skullptors" instead? Grim darkness of darkest dark is all good and well, but folks, what are you smoking that all you can think of are stupid f**** SKULLS?
The sculptors are just trying to be realistic. If you've ever been in a real combat situation, you know that there are skulls EVERYWHERE. Most modern soldiers carry around one or two skulls for good luck or to show how badass they are. If you don't, people start to wonder if your some kind of nancy boy. I assume it has been like this throughout history.

Indeed.  People die in war, and dead people leave skulls behind.  Ergo, any soldier worth his salt is going to be positively festooned with skulls.

It's science.

And you really can't disprove such hard nail biting scientific fact like that with historical anecdotes can you.

Fact is considering everyone in the empire world is so similar in looks the only real way to differentiate between people is with your skullz!

This thread is a sig gold mine.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Merrick

• Members
  • I say!
    • http://www.facebook.com/WinHereWinThereWinWinEverywhere
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2009, 09:23:09 PM »
I'm really starting to lose it here. What is this supposed to be, a friggin' charnel house? Do GW sculptors get paid by the number of skulls they can model? Did they get their job description wrong and read "skullptors" instead? Grim darkness of darkest dark is all good and well, but folks, what are you smoking that all you can think of are stupid f**** SKULLS?
The sculptors are just trying to be realistic. If you've ever been in a real combat situation, you know that there are skulls EVERYWHERE. Most modern soldiers carry around one or two skulls for good luck or to show how badass they are. If you don't, people start to wonder if your some kind of nancy boy. I assume it has been like this throughout history.

Indeed.  People die in war, and dead people leave skulls behind.  Ergo, any soldier worth his salt is going to be positively festooned with skulls.

It's science.

And you really can't disprove such hard nail biting scientific fact like that with historical anecdotes can you.

Fact is considering everyone in the empire world is so similar in looks the only real way to differentiate between people is with your skullz!

Without forgetting this little gem....

Midaski, you shit!

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2009, 05:34:00 AM »

It's science.

Without forgetting this little gem....

Midaski, you shit!

I am always honored to be sigged, and await someone to dig in this alleged gold mine.  I'd start with someone else's, but I just claimed one already from Eigh...er, whatever he is now.
The first school of thought is that the ragged-assed Stirlanders, not having two coppers to rub together, nicked it when an elven envoy was passing through the area and had hopped off it to take a pee behind a tree

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2009, 06:14:50 AM »
I can´t believe noone quoted anything on the giant feather....on the left of the sprue....it is so.....grand I need two for my Arch Lector so he feels more pimp.

Offline Shadowwolf

• Members
  • Post quality makes you a veteran gamer!
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2009, 07:39:07 AM »
I did comment on it.

My comment was:  :eusa_wall:

Shadowwolf
On the right only red, to your left all is white
Ev'ryone's holding, stay in the fight!
White to the right side, left only red
Run like the others, or you'll end up dead!
Talabheim State Troop proverb
Deviantart? http://dlshadowwolf.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2009, 09:13:57 AM »
Now, your "Headmaster" fully deserves some real "pimp", Shadowwolf. :closed-eyes:
Now be a good lad and buy the box and give Griffon feathers to your leader.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2009, 09:33:17 AM »
Buy two boxes so he has spares.  :x
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2009, 12:21:41 PM »
So I don't think that the skull temple is that bad.  If anything deserves to have giant stone skulls, it would be a temple of Khorne.  But go on, making fun of the skulls is a time honored tradition.  At least they aren't passing it off as a temple of Sigmar... that would require giant hammers or something.

Phil
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2009, 02:39:27 PM »
So I don't think that the skull temple is that bad. 

I'll agree.

I will fit perfectly as my new Temple of Sigmar...

Seriously, I'll get this as well für mein demonen.

BTW Phil, how's the terrain project going?
My hood is my castle...

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2009, 02:47:55 PM »
You guys are moaning about the skulls on the "Temple of Skulls?"

Mogsam
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2009, 02:49:05 PM »
You guys are moaning about the skulls on the "Temple of Skulls?"

Mogsam

Absolutely; the ending was trash, if you ask me.  Who asked Lucas to...

::rereads Mogsam's post::

Oh!  Um, never mind.  Yes, it's ugly.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2009, 03:56:15 PM »
So I don't think that the skull temple is that bad.  If anything deserves to have giant stone skulls, it would be a temple of Khorne.  But go on, making fun of the skulls is a time honored tradition.  At least they aren't passing it off as a temple of Sigmar... that would require giant hammers or something.

Phil

Giant hammers made out of skulls, clearly.
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline HoreTore

• Members
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2009, 07:12:25 AM »
Getting two boxes.

Add in two cannon boxes, 1 general box, 1 box of pistoliers, one helstorm, one box of wizards and a warrior priest, and I'll have a very nice Reiklander detachment for my old 6th edition Altdorf army...

Offline Lord Etharion

• Members
  • RIP Rufas
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2009, 09:37:36 AM »
Hmm, I'd actually consider getting this box, although I've got all the knights I really need.

Is the price likely to go up or down once they stop being preorder? I'm probably not going to be buying any minis until next year.
Quote from: Shadowlord
Moo-moo land here I come.
Quote from: rufus sparkfire
I only wish moo-moo land didn't have an internet connection.

Captain Lyanel

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2009, 10:06:14 PM »
its really annoying that the new battalion box has no price listed for the U.S  :dry: Has anyone had any luck finding out the price in $ for the new battalion, i have sent an e-mail to games workshop but have gotten no response. I just hope its going to be $95-$100 still making it a real good deal, especially with those goldswords in there.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2009, 11:27:44 PM »
Here is a picture of the Battalion we have been hearing about:

Hmmm ... giving someone only 10 greatswords might cause them to purchase another box, yet at the same time, with the price, there might be folks to don't even make them nor take them ... or they convert them.  Ah well, some day I'll likely get some anyway.

And a picture of some new Chaos Terrain:

Another hmmm ... I can understand having skulls with a WFB Chaos feature, but these just look a bit large.  It actually looks like a ruined temple.  Maybe it could even be kitbashed in to something really evil looking, with or with out the rocks carved to look like skulls.

Oh if I only had more time, and probably ability, too, but time first, because abilility can be created. :icon_cool:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2009, 12:20:08 AM »
I think those skull are stone.  Looks okay though.

Phil
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2009, 01:31:22 AM »
hehe i was quoted for the sig goldmine! woot.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline Hagen_von_Loewenstein

• Members
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2009, 01:42:24 AM »
I might've bought the temple - if it only had more skulls. Or at least bigger ones.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2009, 01:45:50 AM »
I might've bought the temple - if it only had more skulls. Or at least bigger ones.

A shame they only had a few medium sized ones isn't it.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline Hagen_von_Loewenstein

• Members
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2009, 01:46:47 AM »
I've seen empire soldiers carrying bigger ones around their neck.