home

Author Topic: Empire Complete Tactica Part 2  (Read 8383 times)

Offline Countwarlord

• Members
Empire Complete Tactica Part 2
« on: April 30, 2012, 05:24:06 AM »
I have recently finished Part 1 of the tactica now onto part 2 where I'll dig into the Rare meat and the Heroic fellows. FOR THE EMPEROR!!!!   :::cheers:::

Rare: our rare has alot more to offer than it used to with new buff wagons and a different Steam Tank its a toss up so lets get into it.

HelBlaster Volley Gun: A devilishly ridiculous lazy mans gunline, dishing out 20 shots on average at S5 and armor piercing makes this a very reliable shooting phase, the misfires are much more forgiving, and an Engineer makes it a death machine, but without one it isn't spectacular, take it with an Engineer and make 24 inches away from it no mans land.

What are they Great at? Shooting things, being insanely killy with an Engineer, hitting with alot of shots, scaring people, being instant death for cavalry and most monsters.

What are they Ok at? Surviving a bad misfire, being cheap, stopping warmachine hunters.

What are they Bad at? Being worth it without an Engineer, hitting without an Engineer, Surviving a misfire without an Engineer.

HelStorm Rocket Battery: It used to be a great stone thrower, now its 1-3 sub-par stone throwers put together, it has the potential to hit up to 60 models and S3 is still able to wound, the sheer number of hits will often make up for its reduced strength, just get used to how random it is.

What are they Great at? Hitting alot of guys, killing off big blocks, random potential.

What are they Ok at? Causing wounds, not misfiring.

What are they Bad at? Scratching Elite Infantry, being consistent, being cheap for what you get.

Steam Tank: What can I say its a Tank!!!! It's easier to wound but its cannon is better, it can take wounds and still function, it has a forgiving misfire table, and its still an insane chariot that can't break!!!! Every army can use it. though watch out for Lore of Metal, war machines, GW's, extended rounds of combat, and anything that Ignores armor.

What are they Great at? Being a more expensive, but stronger and tougher Iron Blaster, Impact hits, being a Tank.

What are they Ok at? Passing Initiative tests, Not misfiring, functioning after taking wounds.

What are they Bad at? Being Consistent,  surviving Lore of Metal, being a cheap Iron Blaster.

Celestial Hurricanum: The first new buff wagon giving +1 to hit for any of our guys within 6 inches and gives a free PD. That alone makes it awesome as its pretty tough to kill being T5 with 5 wounds, and while alot of people don't give the bound spell much credit I find it pretty useful, especially if you don't field Mortars or Rocket Batteries. Lighting and meteor strike are the same strength as normal stone throwers and with less scatter, so what if rolling a 1 sucks, the debuff + turning units and stone thrower damage makes it pretty worth it on its own, however watch it like a hawk if anything is able to shoot it, it will get shot.

What are they Great at? Being cheap for what you get, making our troops amazing, giving free PD.

What are they Ok at? Having a good bound spell, emergency Impact hits.

What are they Bad at? Not getting targeted by spells and shooting, making armor saves.

Luminark of Hysh: A laser cannon that's a S8 bolt thrower that rerolls against undead and daemons, also it gives a 6+ ward, and a free DD. That makes it well worth its low point cost, however it is just as weak to ranged as the Hurricanum, and a 6+ ward doesn't always work out (though it stacks great with MR).

What are they Great at? Being an auto hit bolt thrower, killing daemons and undead, giving free DD, stacking with MR.

What are they Ok at? See Hurricanum.

What are they Bad at? See Hurricanum.

Finished with the Rare and now the Special Characters starting with........

The Emperor Karl Franz: Yes that's right the big man himself. Coming with every tool for any job and still cheap enough to field  a Wizard lord in big enough games.  Want a guy with great survivability? Go here, want a guy who can destroy characters and monsters that cost more than he does (however not taking Ghal Maraz will seriously hinder his ability in this area)? Go here, want a guy that can take great mounts to slaughter any infantry? Go here, he brings it all and buffs your army with his 18 inch LD 10 presence, bad news is if you take him on a monster he will get hit by alot of ranged, wanna stop that? Put him on a horse in a Knight unit, bad news here is while he has a great stat-line he is still vulnerable to certain characteristic tests, over all he is insanely awesome for his point cost, take him!

What is he Great at? Being awesome, giving units his LD, destroying things that cost twice as much as he does, taking epic mounts, laughing off spells.

What is he Ok at? Passing characteristic tests, fighting without Ghal Maraz, being cheap.

What is he Bad at? Not headbutting cannonballs when on a monster mount, being cheap with a monster mount.

Kurt Helborg: The Emperors General and our best Knight by far. Coming in slightly cheaper than the Emperor and already mounted makes him slightly questionable in actual worth, However his ability to make Reiksguard insanely unmovable, and the fact that he stacks up combat res faster than dragons, ( 4 WS 7, Runefang attacks that give 2 points of CR for every wound) and his Insane mustache make him a break machine without peer, his one fault?! No ward save.....Not even a simple 5+ so any death spell or KB that comes his way is meeting just about no resistance, knowing that be careful, still take him for a knight army but be careful.

What is he Great at? Breaking units, generating combat res, auto wounding, giving ITP.

What is he Ok at? Making armor saves, killing other combat Lords.

What is he Bad at? being cheap, having a Ward save.

Balthasar Gelt: Our mega caster, Lvl 4 Lore master metal with +2 to casting makes him a very potent force in the magic phase, he can toss great buffs and hexes around, (and is the bane of armored foes) mounted on a peg to be sure he is always in range and a 3+ ward against shooting so that Ironblaster doesn't get any ideas, and he even gets Scaling MR (1 for each enemy wizard up to 3) and his price tag isn't too nasty to boot.....If only he used Life.

What is he Great at? Casting spells, making armored troops wish they were never deployed, flying around, not getting shot at, resisting multiple casters, Staying out of close combat.

What is he Ok at? Being cheap.

What is he Bad at? Close combat, having Lore of Life, having a ward save that isn't specific, Not getting destroyed by solitary insane casters (Slann).

Volkmar The Grim: An Arch Lector with +1 to cast, +2 S on the alter, and a 5+ regen, bad news is he is way to expensive for what you get, he is geared for combat (not very well however) when Arch lectors should never be in combat, he has nice toys, just isn't too practical.

What is he Great at? Being unique, casting easy prayers, using a War alter.

What is he Ok at? Close combat.

What is he Bad at? being cheap, being better than a normal Arch Lector.

Marius Leitdorf: A crazy GoTE with +1 WS and a Runefang pair, brings a special crazy table that is just a total toss up, the price for his fairly low point cost. However he does great as a combat character and a support character, though that crazy table is very frustrating, and he still struggles against other combat Lords, also no Ward save....Be careful.

What is he Great at? Being cheap, giving random great boons, breaking units, killing off lesser characters and Elite troops.

What is he Ok at? Passing armor saves, not having to roll on his crazy table, fighting combat Lords.

What is he Bad at? Having a Ward save, being consistent, not screwing over your battle plan on a bad crazy table roll.

Ludwig Schwarzhelm: An awesome captain character with +1 WS, he is also your BSB and gives the reroll bonus to every unit within 18 inches, that alone makes him insanely great especially for armies with alot of Knight units. also he gains KB, and wound rerolls, and a 2+ AS, all in all he is great, however no Ward Save on a BSB is risky take that into account when you field him.

What is he Great at? Being better than a normal captain, being cheap, being worth it, helping your units reroll LD tests, KBing people, having Lord level WS.

What is he Ok at? Fighting combat Lords, passing armor saves.

What is he Bad at? Having a ward save.

Luther Huss:  Easily one of the best special characters in the book by far, a Warrior Priest with +1 WS, a stubborn prayer, and a built in 4+ Ward, all of that makes him worth his crazy low point cost, but no Empire had to make him even more awesome, Power of Sigmar d3 WS, S, T, and attacks even for just one round is easily amazing, having a Tyrant-Star Dragon stat-line  is nothing short of amazing take him.

What is he Great at? Not dying, being cheap, being worth 3 times what he costs, making units really hard to break, killing characters, scaring people.

What is he Ok at? Making armor saves.

What is he Bad at? Going first, surviving if the power of Sigmar doesn't go the way you need it to, being able to field more than one of him.

Markus Wulfhart: A hardcore archer that pops monsters and makes Huntsmen ITP, he also scouts and has a magic bow that hurts monsters pretty well.......Would be totally worth it if cannons didn't exist, however if you don't field cannons, (how crazy are you) or you need cannons to shoot other targets (Ironblasters, Doom Divers, Casket of souls) while still having monsters to deal with he gets very useful, he also is pretty cheap but dies to a wet fart, take him if you totally need him.

What is he Great at? Killing monsters, being an emergency cannon, being cheap, passing fear and terror tests.

What is he Ok at? Making Huntsmen a bit better, being annoying.

What is he Bad at? Killing anything besides monsters, surviving past turn 2, being better than cannons.

Thats the end of my tactica!! I won't post info about generic characters as there are too many good ways to field them, and most of the things you need to know about them are very common knowledge. Plus I won't take the fun of learning how to make an unstoppable Combat Lord from you.  :wink: Thank you for reading. FOR THE EMPEROR!!!!!!  :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:07:01 AM by Countwarlord »
"Yeah I'm human so your probably stronger than me, tougher than me, faster than me, more skilled then me, and you probably know more about warfare than I could hope to learn in a dozen lifetimes.....but then again I'm the only one who brought a gun."

Offline davidprice12

• Members
  • shut up and roll the damn dice
    • davidprice18@aolcom
Re: Empire Complete Tactica Part 2
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 11:00:34 AM »
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

these are so helpdul keep it up you have one fan for life  :icon_mrgreen:
shut up and roll the damn dice

are there others who could equally take over his place and are they called counts or do they go by another name?

Backstabbers.

Offline Countwarlord

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 12:46:25 PM »
There is a Part 1 as well  :mrgreen:
"Yeah I'm human so your probably stronger than me, tougher than me, faster than me, more skilled then me, and you probably know more about warfare than I could hope to learn in a dozen lifetimes.....but then again I'm the only one who brought a gun."

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 02:01:45 PM »
Hugely amusing  :::cheers:::
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline Hoffa

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »
Great, However I would not call Wulfhart cheap, he is quit the opposite and costs about twice as much as he should.
My dice has again betrayed me

Offline Countwarlord

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 06:00:50 PM »

Offline Countwarlord

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 06:03:14 PM »
Great, However I would not call Wulfhart cheap, he is quit the opposite and costs about twice as much as he should.
He is cheap compared to a kited out captain, Also scout for characters in other armies costs like 20-30 points.

Offline Marek

• Members
  • Pig Tickler
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 06:31:31 PM »
Great read. I'm sure everyone appreciates the effort - today you made w-e.com a little better than it was yesterday, so I hope you feel suitably warm and fuzzy inside. :smile2:
Cheer up, could be worse.

Offline Countwarlord

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 06:36:02 PM »
I actually do  :smile2: I just wanted to help people own everyone they play like I do now.  :biggriin:

Offline Eighty

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 07:54:29 PM »
you inspired me to try out someone besides Huss or Gelt in a special characters list (we dont play those very often in my crew)

like the first one, a good read!
Trumpets sound around me, the wind blowing through my hair, as fellow gamers look in awe at my Army, secretly wishing they chose empire instead of their stupid rats

Offline Countwarlord

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 08:24:51 PM »
Thanks , :::cheers::: honestly we got really lucky in the special character department (unlike VC, OK) our only bad characters are Volkmar and Markus, and those two aren't at all terrible. (unlike Brag the Gutsman)

Offline Mordidsoup

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 10:44:25 PM »
Thank you for posting your tactics.I have read them both and enjoyed them.Being new to warhammer and doing my research on what army to get,this has helped out immensely. By chance are you working on a "How to start a Empire army" for us new guys?

Offline Countwarlord

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM »
well i could if it would be helpful.    :unsure:

Offline Mordidsoup

• Members
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 11:04:33 PM »
I believe it will be.It is a subject that I am having trouble finding easily in this forum.

Thanks for responding

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Countwarlord

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 11:11:02 PM »
Well when you say "how to start an army" do you what are some certain themes that are competitive? what to watch out for when facing other opponents? what exactly would you want to know?

Offline Mordidsoup

• Members
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 11:30:15 PM »
I guess a shopping list of what to buy first besides an army book.With empire having so many options, it can be dangerous to my wallet to buy everything that looks cool.:)) Being new,I guess what are the best options of units to use at first to learn using the Empire army.From what information I have found,a lot of players don't like the new empire battlion box.

Offline Countwarlord

• Members
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 11:35:41 PM »
well what type of army are you looking to start?

Offline Mordidsoup

• Members
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 12:08:49 AM »
From what I see so far,a combined arms is what I'm after to start.

Thanks by the way for taking your time to not only respond, but do this.:))

Offline Countwarlord

• Members
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 12:21:42 AM »
No problem  :-D as for your suggestion you can never go wrong with state troops, as the boxes come with any selection spears,swords,halberds, etc. also just about any human looking model from any army can be converted to state troops, the same goes for our Knights, and just about all of our troops.

Offline Spiney

• Members
  • Merchant Prince of Marienburg
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 02:14:30 PM »
He is cheap compared to a kited out captain, Also scout for characters in other armies costs like 20-30 points.

But he is expensive compared to a kitted out Cannon, which does exactly the same job, but about ten times better.

Brain wounder: for when you don't want to kill your enemies, just leave them bedridden and pissing themselves.

Offline Countwarlord

• Members
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 02:16:22 PM »
Thats why he is bad at being better than a cannon, I'm comparing his cheapness to other captains lol, I know he is worthless when cannons exist I state that in his article.

Offline Soapstar

• Members
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 09:26:11 AM »
Nit picking I know but I'd argue Gelt is good/great at being cheap. Lvl 4 is 100 skaven slaves plus 22.5 for a peg, book of Ashur adds just 1 to casting for 35 slaves but adds to dispell too so I'd say 50 slaves for +2 seems reasonable, mr 1 is 7.5 slaves so I would say his variable mr is worth that at least, I'd price the ward save same as a normal 5+ ward as is situational so 15 slaves and lore master i've put at around 12.5 slaves.

That means I think he should come in at 207.5 slaves as opposed to the 180 slaves he costs. Considering u historically paid a premium for SC that seems like a good deal. Would be awesome if u could pick his lore but metal is pretty decent.

Graz on the tacticas, looking forward to my first new book battle tommorow and gave me some useful pointers.

Offline Countwarlord

• Members
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 02:04:38 AM »
thanks  :-D and gelt is only okay at being cheap due to his situational ward save it sucks that one lone caster can drop him for alot of easy points.