home

Author Topic: Joined The Guard  (Read 35038 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Joined The Guard
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2020, 01:26:58 AM »
I see dark angels and space wolves! My 2 favourite chapters. What is with that techpriest and where did he come from?
I want to get back to 40K but I’m overwhelmed at how much I would need to invest.   I love the 40K vibe more than fantasy or AoS.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2020, 02:28:28 AM »
Ha, I know the feeling! That tech priest is last years special White Dwarf model. You know how every year or so they make a special White Dwarf in a costume or something? Last year was Ad Mech White Dwarf and he came with a little servitor Goblin buddy.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #202 on: November 24, 2020, 05:25:24 AM »
Good job.
I'v mostly been sticking with 40k projects lately as most [if not all] of the FB kits I used to collect have either been discontinued or placed on the digital market.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #203 on: January 04, 2021, 04:51:29 AM »
A special milestone update tonight actually. I spent New Years Eve finishing some stuff on my workbench, including some special models for the future. Lets start off with the regular things.

Poxwalkers! The zombies are coming!

And a grab bag mix of some Deathwatch agents! From a variety of units, I have a habit of just painting up/buying random models then slotting them into existing squads. BUT then writing extensive fluff behind the agents/squads/companies/watch stations/etc.

And now we get to the special project. For the better part of a year I've been building a squad of death watch based on my home town friend group. Originally planned as a christmas gift, I'm instead holding off to get a full set of stuff with a little booklet of fluff, and then give them out at a planned reunion meet up sometime in the future. A deathwatch marine for all the lads and the ladies (Most of whom are very clear in their dislike for marines) are a mix of custom psykers and Inquisitors. But December 31st marked the completion of all 9 of the marines! Now I just need to finish painting the ladies and they'll be set!

You lot better not be reading here!

Shotgun dude on the left was suppose to have the Star Wars Empire sigil on his shoulder pad, but I'm terrible at free hand! Right side shield man has a very wet look shoulder that might eventually have a totally-not-world-eaters sigil.

A group shot of the final 5 painted.

And a group shot of the whole nine!

And thats a wrap for 2020!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #204 on: January 04, 2021, 11:51:04 AM »
Fantastic! They look great Gankom 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #205 on: January 04, 2021, 12:01:55 PM »
They look very good, and as if they mean business. :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2021, 10:32:57 PM »
Long time no post, but figured I'd post up a picture of a special Deathwatch squad I've been working on. Heavily customized, using a pretty big variety of bits. Both chaotic and imperial. They've been heavily used in an ongoing RPG-ish campaign, so all of them are mini characters starting to rack up an extensive history and set of battle honours.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2021, 10:39:04 PM »
looks great!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2022, 01:06:03 AM »
I’ve been spending the week trying to reorganize a few dozen boxes and trying to arrange it so each faction is in a box of its own, that way I can just pull and go what I need, when I need it. Along the way I took some pictures for my own records and that means you lovely people get to see them as well.

First up we have the heroes of the Blackstone Fortress.

And a Catachan Sniper that was a Christmas gift from a buddy, painted just yesterday.

Here’s the currently painted Deathguard. They mostly work as an auxiliary to my homebrew chaos forces.

And then we move into Deathwatch.

Followed by homebrew DoomSeeker space marines.

And then we turn back to Chaos forces, all of this bit from the Blackstone Fortress.

Random Space Marines!

And some more Blackstone Fortress monsters.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2022, 02:18:55 AM »
A superb collection, congrats, and thanks for all the photos! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #210 on: February 14, 2022, 03:55:44 PM »
This is some fantastic stuff. I'm curious about the leftmost miniature on the third picture of Blackstone Fortress. Isn't that just Confessor Kyrinov?
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2022, 04:13:07 AM »
I think he's very clearly inspired by Kyrninov, but he's technically Taddeus the Purifier. One of the main characters of Blackstone Fortress, who goes there with his aid Pious Vorn.

Here's a lexi link

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Taddeus

and Vorn, he's equally fun. Brutal glass cannon in the games.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2023, 10:17:30 PM »
Back with what is both the first post of 2023, and knowing my usual commitment issues, the last one! Maybe! Kinda! Hopefully not! But I got a bunch done finally, and actually remembered to have some pictures done first.

We begin with my Deathwatch Primaris Chaplain, ready to lay the beatdown on whoever gets in front of me during our narrative campaigns.

Some brave men of the 1st Canadiana, A Company. The black flak armor means they're members of various Special Weapon Squads, who are attached to platoons as auxiliary support instead of embedded permanently. None of that matters, because the 9th edition book got rid of the unit and 10th likely will as well. But they live on in my heart, and in my storage bin.

A Krieg Killteam! In my little fluff universe, they're X-Company saboteurs so I wanted to keep them with some rather muted and dull colours. It doesn't help sneaking around if your shiny!

Some random orks! Courtesy of the games-workshop free model day, and gives my chaplain something to beat down.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2023, 01:41:19 AM »
Ta da! :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap: