home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of 9th Edition!  (Read 34199 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of 9th Edition!
« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2020, 08:42:52 PM »
And the FAQ's are up!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/13/new-edition-updates-for-your-army/
And here is a link directly tot he errata ...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#warhammer-40000

I just counted the number of updates at 39.  Had know idea there were that many army codexes for 40K. :icon_eek:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2020, 09:41:54 PM »
And the FAQ's are up!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/13/new-edition-updates-for-your-army/
And here is a link directly tot he errata ...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#warhammer-40000

I just counted the number of updates at 39.  Had know idea there were that many army codexes for 40K. :icon_eek:

Also supplements that still are valid for 9th like the 2 Vigilus books and all of the Psychic Awakening books (bar the last 2 I think)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2020, 10:14:51 PM »
Oops, I  included them in the count of 39 ... does that actually make 33 armies then?

And also included "The Edge of Silence" and "Urban Conquest" ... so that could be another error.  Meaning only 31?

And what are the "Elucidian Starstriders"?

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2020, 12:05:19 AM »
Starstriders are a rogue trader group from the kill team game. You can use them in 40k kind of like allies, but I'd be hard pressed to call them an entire separate army when there's only 9 of them or something.

Also I take it back about the pre orders! Super happy to see them moving to made to order about everything got screwed up like that. The savings value in the box is pretty impressive, so everyone and their gran wanted one.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2020, 12:26:56 AM »
Ok ... only 30 armies then. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_lol:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2020, 07:16:15 PM »
Anyone know what the going price is for the Indomitus starter set :icon_question:

I saw $170 if GW makes you one and sends it.  I saw retail around here at $199.  What are other folks seeing?

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2020, 08:25:16 PM »
so do you all think GW will re due Catachan plastics ??
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2020, 08:51:44 PM »
Hmmm ... maybe.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2020, 09:01:57 PM »
The app is available. Paid for it then found out it’s only available for google play. iOS coming soon.  CRAP!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

• Members
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2020, 09:07:36 PM »
The app is available. Paid for it then found out it’s only available for google play. iOS coming soon.  CRAP!

Well I found out most can't even get the subscription anyway, half of the europeans (and asians? dunno) don't have a credit card so can't subscribe (though fb response said you could also do it with a debit card) and most North Americans get an invalid province error  on a required field.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2020, 09:17:33 PM »

Well I found out most can't even get the subscription anyway, half of the europeans (and asians? dunno) don't have a credit card so can't subscribe (though fb response said you could also do it with a debit card) and most North Americans get an invalid province error  on a required field.

I used my visa debit card. Great for almost all online purchases.
I read a few review about the app and the majority are dissing it. I was kinda hoping for an AoS similar app with the same type of format but I think it’s different to what I was hoping for
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2020, 09:36:51 PM »
For what its worth, I've been hearing the app is still very buggy itself and they havn't actually used the right datacards in places...

Ragnar for example had all the old statlines from a previous edition, in two different locations.

so do you all think GW will re due Catachan plastics ??

That would be SO incredibly nice, but I don't see it for awhile. If they ever remember guard exists and updates them, I bet they'd start with a Cadian update. Although the latest special edition Catachan models they've put out have been both super popular, and pretty well done.

Anyone know what the going price is for the Indomitus starter set :icon_question:

I saw $170 if GW makes you one and sends it.  I saw retail around here at $199.  What are other folks seeing?

Hmm that's tricky GP. Pretty much everywhere I look around here is the Canadian equivalent of $170 for you. All the stores and online. I bet the retail places around you have marked it up a bit because of the big run on the box set and all the drama that happened. Ebay has generally marked the price way up but I havn't looked to hard there.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2020, 10:07:16 PM »
Well I bit the bullet so to speak.  Bought Indomitus, and from my local store that I buy most 40K stuff from anyway, as well as other stuff, and not a GW place, go local I always say.  It cost me $199, but shipping was free, so who is going to argue with that during covid 19.  It would still cost me $199 if I stopped by to pick it up at the store.

And I bought a Clone Wars boxed starter set, at the same time, ta da! :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2020, 10:15:25 PM »
GP expands big!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2020, 10:18:42 PM »
 :icon_lol: :icon_exclaim: :::cheers:::

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2020, 04:37:44 AM »
Big spender! Let me know how the box is. The Necrons in there are pretty nice looking.  :::cheers::: Can't wait to see them painted.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2020, 06:32:12 AM »
I have a number of my 40K Orks out for painting now.  Might even paint up some of my space marines, they never got further than priming, although if I recall getting wash on some sort of small walking robot thing ... I forget what they are called, it has been too long.  Not sure I have much interest in the Necrons, but who knows now that I have them.

Won't be buying the Ossiarch, pre-40K future Necron, W:AoS stupid looking ones though. :icon_wink:

• Members
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2020, 09:32:04 AM »
Just got the core rules, CA2020, the crusade journal and the open war cards (and I was surprised they had another painting handle so grapped that also as I was missing 1 normal to make a nice set of 5)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 09:37:33 AM by StealthKnightSteg »

• Members
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2020, 02:14:55 PM »
More reveals at the launch party

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/25/the-warhammer-40000-launch-party-preview/

Codexes in October

Gladiator (3 variants)

New Monolith

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2020, 02:50:11 PM »
Not super sure how I feel about Deathwatch getting rolled into the main marine codex and then getting a smaller supplement later. On one hand, a lot more units available, on the other, feels like its going to lose a lot of the character and uniqueness.

• Members
« Reply #170 on: July 25, 2020, 06:00:47 PM »
also a teaser for coming models
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nlnfxNgcAg

and one totally viewed:

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2020, 04:22:45 PM »
Gah are they * GW)  getting rid of the land raider ?? Rhino? I mean the primus SM are going to eventually replace the old models right?

With the new Catachan models I was thinking maybe they are going to replace with an updated model. I mean they are butt ugly models. The cadian still work well just old
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2020, 03:31:28 PM »
Sure enough, just as I expected they would, GW is releasing three 'levels' of new starter sets for 9th. Essentially a "Beginner, veteran, elite" level of boxes. They did this for 8th and AoS and honestly I think its a really good idea All of them come with rules, and various levels of models.

"Recruit Box"

The set includes a handful of miniatures, dice, range rulers, a mat, and a Recruit Manual featuring each unit’s datasheet and guidance to help you learn the basics of the game. It’s an excellent option for younger hobbyists.

"Elite Box"

The Elite Edition is a fantastic option if you’re looking to begin or broaden your collection of Necrons and Space Marines while using the Elite Manual included in the set to learn the game at your own pace.

"Command Edition"

The Command Edition is simply the best way to get started with Warhammer 40,000! Not only does it include all of the amazing models in the Elite Edition, it also boasts a fantastic fold-out, double-sided gaming board to fight your battles on, and a cracking selection of brand-new battlefield terrain. In short, it’s got everything you need to kickstart your Warhammer 40,000 journey with gusto and verve!

The set’s Command Manual features a narrative-driven set of six missions aimed at teaching you key aspects of the game. Once you’ve mastered these principles, a 184-page rulebook will provide you with everything you need to take your next steps towards becoming a hardened veteran of Warhammer 40,000 battlefields!

The main difference between the "command" box and the Indomitus boxset is command comes with scenery but fewer models. Nearly half.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2020, 03:32:10 PM »
Separately, they also announced Bladeguard Veterans are coming in a new multi part kit.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2020, 03:46:40 PM »
Having those 3 sets provides for folks to enter into the hobby at their own level of commitment.

I like the scenery of the last box, hope they provide that as a separate kit.