home

Author Topic: Eighth Edition fan? Here is the EEFL forum information  (Read 12862 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: Eighth Edition fan? Here is the EEFL forum information
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 10:53:41 AM »
Also, I had a good laugh at GamesPot. :laugh:

Didn't we all  :biggriin: 
There has to be a joke in there about "GamesPOT calling the kettle black"  but I cannot quite nail it ................... maybe it will stick  :closed-eyes:

Actually though you would expect him to "wax lyrically" with his actual name, but as he talks to himself quite often, maybe the Baron was on to something and just missed the extra 't' and 'y' off the end .......................  :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2015, 11:32:00 AM »
Oh Midaski, we grow older and hopefully wiser every day.  It was KevinC who mispelled it, and myself who initially laughed at it, with the Baron chiming in.  And adding an extra t and y was exactly what I was getting at as well, although even just sitting on the pot works.  Not bad for a silly guy from the States.  The idea that disrespect was being shown to the Baron while his supposed disrespect was being pointed out, and then slipping into the mispelling, the pot calling the kettle black did cross my mind though.  :icon_wink: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline iatroblast

• Members
  • Invincibility at no extra charge!
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 03:56:17 PM »
I feel I must apologize again,

Shame. Shame. Shame. ding ding ding

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2015, 04:14:56 PM »
Hahaha, nice reference. :laugh:
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2015, 06:09:51 PM »
EEFL!
Well the forum name is still as of this post the same, "The REAL Warhammer Forum ...". :icon_wink:
:icon_rolleyes:
I feel I must apologize again, I really should have worded my response better than the way that it came out. At the very least I should have put a IMO. :unsure:

The EEFL is fine and quite a good forum, I was complaining about the Bretonnian draft not the forum. That's still no excuse for my put down of it though. I just didn't think my opinion warranted that much attention, I'm just a guy who talks about warhammer and makes some drawings from time to time. I certainly don't want to bring anyone's projects or forums down.
I think that was a very nice gesture on your part Baron.  Well said.   :eusa_clap:

Offline KevinC

• Members
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2015, 09:01:29 PM »
Oh Midaski, we grow older and hopefully wiser every day.  It was KevinC who mispelled it, and myself who initially laughed at it, with the Baron chiming in.  And adding an extra t and y was exactly what I was getting at as well, although even just sitting on the pot works.  Not bad for a silly guy from the States.  The idea that disrespect was being shown to the Baron while his supposed disrespect was being pointed out, and then slipping into the mispelling, the pot calling the kettle black did cross my mind though.  :icon_wink: :::cheers:::

------Yes it's a funny typo. I realize I was being disrespectful to the Baron for his disrespect, I got lured into the negative behavior (you should have heard what I really wanted to write!). I apologize for that, I know if makes me look foolish.

Anyway, back on The REAL Warhammer Forum  :icon_mrgreen: I have posted a thread to discuss changing the forum name, I don't want people to be turned off by it. But I'll leave it to democracy over there.

Anyway, thanks for the input over here, but I'm going to try an avoid continuing in this type of discussion - I want to talk about Warhammer on these forums with my limited time, not (forgive me) this nonsense that no one probably even really cares about.

Thanks!
"These princes try to tell me how to wage war, and seek to advise me on how best to rule my people. They are dolts and dullards, and it is a wonder that with such cretinous commanders your armies ever held against mine."
– Malekith, Phoenix King of Ulthuan

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2015, 09:15:27 PM »
Exactly - you should be applauded and encouraged in your efforts to preserve Warhammer Fantasy.

There are a lot of people not interested in Pre-K so they need help.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2015, 02:35:03 AM »
------Yes it's a funny typo. I realize I was being disrespectful to the Baron for his disrespect, I got lured into the negative behavior (you should have heard what I really wanted to write!). I apologize for that, I know if makes me look foolish.
No problem, don't feel too badly, your heart seems to be in a good place.

Anyway, back on The REAL Warhammer Forum  :icon_mrgreen: I have posted a thread to discuss changing the forum name, I don't want people to be turned off by it. But I'll leave it to democracy over there.
I commend you for your effort, and thank you.  Encouraged me to even look in over on the site again.  And an excellent gesture on your part, as well as the effort you seem to be making regarding Warhammer with good intentions.  :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

And what did my wandering eyes see ... one of our regular forum goers at W-E misunderstanding or misrepresenting my view point or both.  It was even expressed that he didn't want me to comment on every post that goes up there, and not only can I not imagine anyone wanting me to do that, hopefully there is some gratitude for me choosing not to do such as well.  It seems to be another example of when body language is not part of the communication equation, things can go astray.  Oh well, such is life.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:48:54 AM by GamesPoet »

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Shadow_Zero

• Members
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2015, 05:27:32 AM »
Well with the forum being called "The REAL Warhammer forum", it is only natural that some folks are going to perceive what may or may not be present as being, "The Bretonnian army list".  If I were in your shoes, and valued what you're expressing, than I'd lobby to get the name of the forum changed, or maybe not even use it. :icon_wink: :icon_cool:
I agree. I like the initiative (though personally care not for using AoS models in my EE game, but that's personal of course), but the "subtitle" "The REAL Warhammer Forum" just seems to be confusing and not appropriate. Eight Edition For Life says enough. Maybe add an "an Oldhammer community" or something.

Btw, signed up as well. Curious where it leads to  :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:31:28 AM by Shadow_Zero »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2015, 11:08:52 AM »
Thank you Shadow_Zero for your support.

Also, it's good to see that I'm not the only one that senses this, despite the accusation that was provided about me on the EEFL site by a regular W-E participant.  And in a way, even KevinC seems to have understood the concern with the action he took, another good thing regarding his actions.

The message started as "Eighth Edition For Life", and it seems that this started because there was some serious unhappiness with the change to Warhammer: Age of Sigmar, and understandably so.  Yet as soon as the title changes to "The REAL Warhammer Forum ... Eighth Edition For Life", it can send a meesage that discounts other Warhammer forums, other Warhammer communities, and there are quite a few of them out there.

So many things in life are about the message that is provided.  Even if the intent is good, if the message comes across in a way that detracts from the experience, then it can be good to adjust the message.

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2015, 05:48:21 PM »
I agree with the 'REAL' (not even 'real'...seems like they REALLY mean it) part of the forum name being overly boisterous. And for no good reason, everyone should play with their toy soldiers with whatever rules they choose and to me that word implies some kind of hierarchy.

The other part that irks me a bit is this '8th ed is gospel, though shall not change the core rule book' philosophy. I don't see the harm in providing room for people who would want to do that.

Anyway, I hope there will be 8th edition communities sticking it out longer term. And, this might become one of them, Mr. Coleman does have a lot of street cred to his name after all.

Now just because I am curious where does this 'EE' for 8th come from? Is there some deeper meaning? Some clever play on abbreviations that I am missing? Or does someone simply not like numbers?
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2015, 06:45:15 PM »
One of the founding members, seemingly responsible for the name of the site, has claimed they were all about a sneer toward WAoS.  It is an example of letting such an emotional response get the better of wise consideration when creating a message such as they are "The REAL Warhammer Forum".  And yes, the implication of some sort of hierarchy and claiming this before the original concept of "Eighth Edition For Life" seems to be becoming more evident, even though there are clearly some who have good intentions there as well.

Also, "EE" stands for "Eighth Edition", and the "FL" is "For Life".

If the site was called something like "Eighth Edition For Life! ... A Forum To Preserve 8th Edition Warhammer", then that could be a good improvement.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:58:28 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2015, 07:09:28 PM »
By the way, Shadow_Zero's suggestion could work nicely as well ...

"The Eighth Edition Warhammer Forum - Eighth Edition for Life (EEFL)".

Offline The Real Rick Salamone

• Members
  • Kelly Clarkson Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2015, 04:25:25 AM »
Feel free to join the discussion over at EEFL regarding the forum name. If you aren't a forum member, then you probably shouldn't care what the name is, right? All EE lovers are welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
EEFL!
Eighth Edition for Life!

Join us at:

eefl.freeforums.net

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2015, 10:49:12 AM »
Feel free to join the discussion over at EEFL regarding the forum name. If you aren't a forum member, then you probably shouldn't care what the name is, right? All EE lovers are welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Feel free to join the discussion that we are having here at W-E regarding the forum name.  There are lot's of things that get discussed here at W-E, and if we didn't care, then it might not show up as a discussion.  Both EE lovers and non-EE lovers are welcome here.  :icon_wink:

Sent from my Dell Computer using the key board.

(GP ... is someone paying you to advertise for Dell or are you doing it for free and they're taking advantage of you?)

Good point. :::cheers:::

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2015, 12:04:33 PM »
Sent from my Dell Computer using the key board.

:smile2:

Although the next comment was pushing the point a bit too hard.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2015, 11:55:43 AM »
Yep, sometimes I'm too hard on myself.  Life is such a balancing act between wanting to do right, and having the wisdom to see and learn from where I've done wrong. :icon_wink: :::cheers:::

Offline Shadow_Zero

• Members
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2015, 12:38:47 PM »
On Warhammer Armies Project they're also busy with a 8.5 edition:
http://warhammerarmiesproject.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/brainstorming-for-85-ed.html
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:24:56 PM by Shadow_Zero »

Offline jaggedjimmyj

• Members
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2015, 03:19:22 PM »
On Warhammer Armies Project there also busy with a 8.5 edition:
http://warhammerarmiesproject.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/brainstorming-for-85-ed.html

Interesting. But the D3 cannon scatter is a bad move. Guess we'll see how things turn out. I've got higher hopes for this version than most fan made attempts.
Archaon, The Everchosen, is one of two openly homosexual special characters in the world of warhammer. The other, of course, is Queek Headtaker.

Offline Shadow_Zero

• Members
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2015, 03:25:26 PM »
Are there any other attempts out there?

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2015, 10:32:59 PM »
Interesting. But the D3 cannon scatter is a bad move. Guess we'll see how things turn out. I've got higher hopes for this version than most fan made attempts.

The same is true about war machines not being able to pivot. Well, it is a move GW could have done - nerf something beyond use. Just randomising between rider and mount as in previous editions is more than enough.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline The Real Rick Salamone

• Members
  • Kelly Clarkson Fan
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2015, 11:26:07 PM »
This post was meant to share information about an Eighth Edition specific forum and it has become...not that. EEFL is all about not changing the core rules so I guess it's super ironic that the current discussion is about 8.5 rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EEFL!
Eighth Edition for Life!

Join us at:

eefl.freeforums.net

Offline jaggedjimmyj

• Members
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2015, 11:06:26 AM »
I consider EEFL to be one I reckon. And on most forums out there every Karl, Luthor, and Elsbeth seem to have threads on  such matters. I suppose I'd give anything a try that disregards ET and future model releases tho'.
Archaon, The Everchosen, is one of two openly homosexual special characters in the world of warhammer. The other, of course, is Queek Headtaker.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2015, 12:56:44 PM »
My understanding is that "TRWF: Eighth Edition For Life" is about preserving 8th Edition for posterity.

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2015, 02:57:28 PM »

A ton.

There are actually so many that I've lost track.
Heck, there is even that guy from like 5 years ago who made armybooks for all the army's GW ignored. He did PDF's with fluff and everything, redid Brets and some other factions too.
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery