home

Author Topic: It gets worse ! What is it? WTF NOW???!  (Read 10810 times)

Offline harv

• Members
  • success from discipline, productivity from panic
Re: It gets worse ! What is it? WTF NOW???!
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2015, 08:33:57 PM »
I'll tell you what that is, it's a £6 plastic miniature  :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:
My "house rule" for AoS is "we're not playing that shit in my house!"

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2015, 08:35:03 PM »
Right i'm done, i'm writing to GW's CEO now

I thought you already had...
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2015, 08:39:41 PM »
Dear Sir/Madam,

Please can I have the e mail address of GW's current CEO?

Having played Warhammer since age 8 , I estimate I've spent £30,000 on GW products. Since 1986.

I've been completely gutted by this new move to AOS.

Literally , it's astonishing. The models look more akin to the 1980's Heman toys range from Matel...

How does anyone explain the attached image?! It's ludicrous, i'm speechless.

20+ years of intellectual evolution of what had become a global masterpiece, warhammer 8th edition, and then instead of running 9th in parallel some insane person or persons has in one foul swoop binned the whole thing.

I'd be interested in your sales figures 12 months from now, also how many people you lose as clients.

Everyone I know , bar one person has boycotted this AOS.

Please supply me with your CEO's name and number so that I can phone in person. I'd like to meet someone for an explanation in Nottingham please. I will be pursuing this , and I won't stop until I am given an audience , so don' disregard this e mail, otherwise I will start phoning.

BR

Richard
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2015, 08:42:01 PM »
I would add a picture of your armies to underscore the 30.000 spent. Why, you may even have that many models...
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Members
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2015, 08:44:47 PM »
I'll be phoning them trust me ,

In fact If I don't get a satisfactory response, i'll escalate to stage 2, which involves turning up at Nottingham and demanding an audience , lol

I'm used to face to face abusive situations, I work as a sales director
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2015, 08:45:43 PM »
A slightly different complaint, of course, but you still will get the same response, I suspect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXVKj0KcbIQ

• Members
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2015, 08:49:25 PM »
I am speechless,

seriously ,

what are your comments about that model?

Doesn't it look like the 1995 Eldar Warp Spider models ?

• Members

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2015, 08:51:08 PM »
It is the Age of SpaceSigmarines.

• Members
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2015, 08:53:31 PM »
Are the models supposed to be human ?

Or are the angels ?

what are they?

:eusa_wall:

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2015, 08:54:59 PM »
Do you care? I don't.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »
I hate to bring it to you, but, as far as GW is concerned, WFB is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

Offline Derg

• Members
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2015, 09:25:26 PM »
I'm having a really hard time putting my frustration into proper words. Wish I hadn't seen it, just had a wicked fun game
Of triumph and trechery and was in a good mood now my eyes r bleeding. wtf is that model!!!!

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2015, 09:54:44 PM »
How much money have you spent with GW, Chumley? Don't you get it second-hand and from other collectors?
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2015, 10:18:01 PM »
I would add a picture of your armies to underscore the 30.000 spent.

Can you just do that anyway?  :::cheers:::

"Dressing a bear in fine silks does not make it civilised, though in the city of Kislev it could pass at court."

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2015, 10:34:40 PM »

And that's the story of how the brush and palette section blew up. :-P

Regarding Chumley's fluff question, the Eternals are warriors/barbarians of the mortal realms that were killed by the forces of chaos and their spirits reforged by Sigmar into demi-god warriors. When they die Sigmar can reforged them again but the process robs them of their soul each time. (It's also a painful and horrific process that scars their new body, the shiny armor is to help differentiate them from the chaos warriors as without it they would look somewhat similar in their mangled appearance.)
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2015, 11:13:15 PM »

He already did - but spread out over a (currently) 285 page thread, not a single picture.

Offline Elder Days

• Members
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2015, 01:45:14 AM »
I've been thinking of writing old Jervis myself.

Offline orcyboy

• Members
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2015, 05:11:52 AM »
I just got this in the mail:

Warhammer as you know it does not need to be saved. The Age of Sigmar is a viable game, which has been worked on thoroughly for the update of "Warhammer ". As some may believe Gamesworkshop has left everyone behind or cares not for it's consumers. This is incorrect! In fact games workshop has been working harder than ever to work with there consumers. The age of sigmar is thus the result of all this hard work. Free data with updates for every army, and new and exciting models. Games workshop is continuing along a wonderful line for all of it's hobbyists .

As proof of Games Workshops endeavors to address the concerns of consumers a new line of AoS miniatures is about to be released. Many hobbyists are concerned about the scale of the previous AoS releases being much too large for their effeminate fingers to hold let alone manage to push such hefty plastic miniatures across the latest Realm of Battle Gameboard™® products.

To address these concerns a new series of "Epic Scale AoS™®" will be released. They come three to pack and are available at the affordable price of $49.99 each.

:engel:

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2015, 07:03:06 AM »

And that's the story of how the brush and palette section blew up. :-P

Regarding Chumley's fluff question, the Eternals are warriors/barbarians of the mortal realms that were killed by the forces of chaos and their spirits reforged by Sigmar into demi-god warriors. When they die Sigmar can reforged them again but the process robs them of their soul each time. (It's also a painful and horrific process that scars their new body, the shiny armor is to help differentiate them from the chaos warriors as without it they would look somewhat similar in their mangled appearance.)

I'll simplify this. Regarding Chumley's fluff question, the Eternals are SHIT.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2015, 07:08:21 AM »
Really? The background idea - of the eternal warriors who can never be freed from the fight, being forced to participate, losing a little bit of their humanity each time they die and are resurrected - seems quite as interesting and dramatic as many other things Games Workshop have come up with before. It's on a par with some of the Chaos background etc.

Are we just upset because these guys aren't Empire, but we think they are the replacement for Empire?

I really don't think they ARE Empire or intended to be - they are Sigmar's elite god-warriors that he has created to drive back Chaos. They aren't a group of men gathered together to form a civilization of their own. They are nothing like Empire. Either there isn't an "Empire"-like faction in the game (i.e. no group of mortal men gathered together in their own civilization) or that faction is coming later.

• Members
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2015, 07:30:30 AM »
@Orcboy lol mini Hemans

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2015, 07:41:05 AM »
@Orcboy lol mini Hemans

To be perfectly honest - if the scale was right at slightly-smaller than the 28mm we have now - I think if you painted those up using your technique and based them etc. people unfamiliar with the GW releases of the period would be hard-pressed to tell the difference between those figures and the old school ones you have in your collection. The aesthetic of mis-proportioned heroic models with stereotyped and exaggerated weapons and simplistic (even poor) sculpting is better represented in the older models you are so very enamored with, and less in the current models.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2015, 08:45:15 AM »
Really? The background idea - of the eternal warriors who can never be freed from the fight, being forced to participate, losing a little bit of their humanity each time they die and are resurrected - seems quite as interesting and dramatic as many other things Games Workshop have come up with before. It's on a par with some of the Chaos background etc.

Are we just upset because these guys aren't Empire, but we think they are the replacement for Empire?

I really don't think they ARE Empire or intended to be - they are Sigmar's elite god-warriors that he has created to drive back Chaos. They aren't a group of men gathered together to form a civilization of their own. They are nothing like Empire. Either there isn't an "Empire"-like faction in the game (i.e. no group of mortal men gathered together in their own civilization) or that faction is coming later.

AoS fluff would be decent if it would not be connected (and being an heir of sorts) to WFB. As a standalone, spin-off game it would be... average. I mean, the rules are atrocious, but the fluff can be passable. As a direct descendant of WFB it's a mess. Also they've blew up the Old World and I'm kinda upset about that.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2015, 08:54:07 AM »
AoS fluff would be decent if it would not be connected (and being an heir of sorts) to WFB. As a standalone, spin-off game it would be... average. I mean, the rules are atrocious, but the fluff can be passable. As a direct descendant of WFB it's a mess. Also they've blew up the Old World and I'm kinda upset about that.

So... we are upset just because this is the replacement to the Empire?

As it stands, the background is better than WFB was at this stage in its release (as in, there is some of it).