home

Author Topic: Damage  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
Damage
« on: September 17, 2015, 05:52:14 AM »
So, tried a game with a friend and one thing got me to thinking. In WHFB a multi-wound weapon only damaged what it hit. So, if a cannon wounded one regular guy in a unit, the D6 damage didn't matter, you just killed one guy. But in AoS I'm reading under damage where it says "but some [weapons] can inflict 2 or more wounds, allowing them to cause grievous injuries to even the mightiest foe, or to cleave through more than one opponent with but a single blow!"

So I'm reading it as a multi-damage weapon causes wounds to the unit, not just a specific model. This came to mind because I was looking at the rules for the Skaven Plagueclaw Catapult and it only gets 1 attack but does D6 damage. So at first I thought it was just a hero killer. But then it says if you shoot at a unit that's 10+ in size, its damage goes up to 2D6.

Is this how you're playing it?
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: Damage
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 06:59:00 AM »
Yes :)

Multi wound damage is great against units, the Stormcast Paladins with Axes are especially designed for this to wreak havoc in big units.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
Re: Damage
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 08:15:24 AM »
Thanks. Good to know.  :smile2:
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson