home

Author Topic: Balthasar Gelt  (Read 6643 times)

Offline polybus11

• Members
Re: Balthasar Gelt
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 04:04:46 AM »
I think Gelt and the Lore of Metal in general are very good.  The only rule about Gelt that bumms me out is that they didn't clear up how his miscast reslut works.  Since they say "the spell still fails" or somesuch, everyone I ask seems to think that if I double 6 something, the spell just doesn't go off at all..  Lame when you really just want to risk the miscast result.

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
Re: Balthasar Gelt
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 04:28:02 AM »
The model is indeed cool, and Balthasar should do well against WoC - just be careful.
Concerning the cost of characters: the numbers as given by commandant may well add up - but that is irrelevant, if they include items one does not necessarily want or need. Given his cost, I for one want him to survive, which is more likely to happen in a unit. I certainly would take Balthasar Gelt for 90 p less (in commandant's calculation), but without the 3+ ward save and with an optional mount.
And thats the big problem with Balthasar. If you don't want a Wizz Lord on Pegasus then he's just not worth it.

Sucks about the wording on the 3+ save is only against magic missiles. I would suggest changing it with your opponents consent because it is an old codex with outdated rules. GW should have FAQ'd it but you know how those guys are: if your a hobbyiest you go the extra length to figure out and find the answers. Once you get paid to do this it becomes work - figure it out as fast as you can and then get back to playing angry birds on your Iphone while the boss isn't watching.
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery