home

Author Topic: The Tyranids lore questions  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
The Tyranids lore questions
« on: July 17, 2019, 03:23:03 PM »
I didn't realize that hive fleet leviathan came from below the galactic axis!  :icon_eek:

Is that any indication that the main hive fleet has arrived compared to the hypothesized probing/scout hive fleets prior?

I also wonder if their shadow could potentially close the eye of terror.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: The Tyranids lore questions
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 12:20:28 AM »
As far as I'm aware no, it's not that the main fleet is arriving. So much as its just more of the fleet arriving. Possibly hinting at the fact the fleet is so big that it might just surround the galaxy. But really they've never given much detail about that.

I also wonder if their shadow could potentially close the eye of terror.

You need to check out Hive Fleet Kronus!

Kronos has used such offerings well and the growing Hive Fleet appears to be now zeroing in on areas of intense psychic activity that threaten to tear the breach between realities wider. Scores of these worlds have been conquered by Chaos Cultists and Warp-spawned abominations, but the Tyranids of Kronos have obliterated them all. Much like a maggot eating the corruption from an infected wound.

Kronos has been travelling around the Great Rift working to close it, and somewhere (I cant find the exact blurb) it mentions that the Shadow in the warp is powerful enough to actually close minor warp storms. By eating everything around the edge and working its way in.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: The Tyranids lore questions
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 12:23:18 PM »
Actually ... I think they came from the new fantasy Necrons, just look at some of those new beasts they are creating!  Eventually the fantasy Necrons develop their new creatures to the point where they have there own zombie like brains, and these germinate into pre-tyranids, and those of course evolve into the Tyranids.  One or the other rebels against the skeletal Necrons, and these evolve into the Necrons with their metal exo-skeltons, or whatever ya want to call them.  Shocking, I know.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra