home

Author Topic: My First Empire List  (Read 1171 times)

Offline SkavenInAZ

• Members
  • SkavenInAZ.com
My First Empire List
« on: October 30, 2014, 03:10:01 AM »
'lo all.   Came up with this while sitting in my hotel room after Alamo... any comments/concerns are greatly appreciated.   I'm not looking for a GT quality army list in this.  Call it competitive, but not ultra-competitive.  I will eventually ramp up to that, but... those days are months away.

General Of the Empire -- Warhorse, Ogre Blade, Dawnstone
Wizard Lord -- Level 4, Dispel Scroll, 4++, Lore of Shadow
Warrior Priest -- Warhorse, Dragonhelm
Captain -- BSB, Warhorse
Wizard -- Level 1, Lore of Beasts/Heavens
Master Engineer
Captisus -- Pegasus, Sword of Might, Charmed Shield, Opal Amulet, Potion of Foolhardiness

45 Halberdiers, FC
10 Archers (Detatchment)
9 IC Knights

4 Demigryphs
Great Cannon

Hellblaster
Hurricanum
Steam Tank

General idea is to be able to play either the waiting game or advance into them if need be.  My opponents will vary wildly, so I'll need multiple options available to me.
Battle Reports, Commentary, GT Talks and more!
SkavenInAZ.com

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Re: My First Empire List
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 07:08:45 AM »
- Give your General and BSB shields, your WP heavy armour and shield. I assume, the General and both Captains have FP?
- The dispel scroll is better placed on the lvl 1. You will be using the Lord to dispel normally. If his concentration is lost, he will not be able to use the DS.
- Give ICK FC and the DGK a musician.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline SkavenInAZ

• Members
  • SkavenInAZ.com
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 03:37:24 PM »
Apologies.. been a while since I've had to put armor down on a typed armylist, with as long as I've been doing Skaven =)

Everyone has Full Plate and a Shield that can have it.
ICK have Full Command.

Was out of points for the muso on the Demis, but I'll drop a Halberd or two and add that in.  Dispel scroll also moved.

Thanks for the feedback!
SkavenInAZ.com

Offline Jomppexx

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 03:50:35 PM »
S-S-SkavenInAZ?
I've been watching your battle reports from the youtubes as I can never get enough fantasy, will there be Empire reports in the future?

The list looks pretty fine, but generally you'll be better off with an arch lector or a grandmaster for general. Grandmaster simply because he's a better fighter than the general and the lector because he acts as a warrior priest also. Generals of the empire don't really give any abilities we can't otherwise get. If you bring a lector you can also drop out the warrior priest and save some points there.

Maybe swap the sword of might from the captasus for a lance, since you'll probably be charging most of the time and not really getting stuck in long combats.
Personally, I never stick ward saves on my wizards as I'll be trying to keep him safe behind my lines with a few archers. The ward usually goes for a lector as a grandmaster probably won't have points for it.

But before you make any changes I would almost recommend playing a game with this list, we can run several different types of generals with the lectors, grandmasters and general of the empires, with the new 50% lords I might even try out a Griffon general.

State troops aren't really famous as they are more of a safe place for enemy characters and monsters you want to shoot cannons at, as you can't shoot in to combat. Hope I could help a bit, definitely not the best player around, but I consider myself okay.
"Sigmar is like a barbaric, warrior Jesus, and only appeared to be a mortal man."
Highlights :
8/2014 : Grandmaster slew a Chaos Lord in a challenge

Offline SkavenInAZ

• Members
  • SkavenInAZ.com
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 03:54:25 PM »
There will be Empire reports in the future, assuming I ever get the army done =)

Was thinking the General more for Hold the Line and his relative cheapness.

Wizard got a Ward Save b/c I'm always afraid of losing him.. probably overkill and something I'd find once I get those test games in you're talking about.  Lance on the Captisus makes sense, swapped.

Appreciate the feedback!  And thanks for watching the channel!  Hope you've gotten some good content from it.
SkavenInAZ.com

Offline Jomppexx

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 05:21:23 PM »
There will be Empire reports in the future, assuming I ever get the army done =)

Was thinking the General more for Hold the Line and his relative cheapness.

Wizard got a Ward Save b/c I'm always afraid of losing him.. probably overkill and something I'd find once I get those test games in you're talking about.  Lance on the Captisus makes sense, swapped.

Appreciate the feedback!  And thanks for watching the channel!  Hope you've gotten some good content from it.

Captains grant Hold the Line! as well. And I'm assuming your captain will be with the knights.
"Sigmar is like a barbaric, warrior Jesus, and only appeared to be a mortal man."
Highlights :
8/2014 : Grandmaster slew a Chaos Lord in a challenge

Offline SkavenInAZ

• Members
  • SkavenInAZ.com
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 05:23:05 PM »
Correct.   But in my infinite Skaven thinking, I was imaging in might not be too hard to snipe/kill the BSB and leave them without the rule.  Could again be overkill, but.. this is all Theoryhammer at this point for me =)
SkavenInAZ.com