home

Author Topic: EUROBASH 2018 Confirmed  (Read 37917 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: EUROBASH 2018 Confirmed
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2018, 05:30:40 PM »
Really digging this live commentary we have going. There should be a Eurobash twitter to live tweet the whole event.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »
Going to be leaving soon from London via train. Not sure how long, or all the train links and everything, bug see you all later this afternoon.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2018, 11:45:24 AM »
Doing my best to bring you the latest news, but the whizz of musket balls makes writing hard. Cannonballs  crashing into fortifications and enemy ships mean keeping one's head down is the wisest move.
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline shavixmir

• Members
  • Tum podem extulit horridulum
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2018, 06:40:32 AM »
How the girls tamed the pirates...

or... how photobucket has fucked the internet.
Seeminly, unless I pay 400 dollars, I can't link the photos I have on photobucket.

Is that blackmail?
Anyhoo... you can't download them all in one go either. You have to do it photo for photo... or pay.

Obviously being half Scottish and half Dutch, payings not gonna happen.
So, the large problem is... how to link to photo's here to show you my female pirates ravaging the pirate world?

I have no idea.

Everything of value is vulnerable

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2018, 10:10:56 AM »
don't use photobucket.

I think 023 and padre got fucked by it as well
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2018, 10:45:00 AM »
Quote Shav: Obviously being half Scottish and half Dutch, payings not gonna happen.

Funniest thing this week and last.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2018, 01:22:44 PM »
So we are pleased to announce that Warlord has won the "Intercontinental Attendance Challenge" on behalf of Australasia being the first non-European to appear at the Bash, thereby putting the North Americans  to shame.  :engel:

Please note:
RealJuan earned a merit award but despite being Colombian his german residency did not earn South America the title.
Also Shav does not earn recognition in this category as Scotland is not recognised as a civilised country or part of Europe. 

Added bonus for Warlord is that he also becomes a member of that very very select club ........ who have had "one on Midaski's tab"   :biggriin:

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2018, 01:43:30 PM »
 :::cheers:::
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2018, 02:42:06 PM »
As was fortold in the scrolls.

:::cheers:::

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2018, 02:51:57 PM »
So we are pleased to announce that Warlord has won the "Intercontinental Attendance Challenge" on behalf of Australasia being the first non-European to appear at the Bash, thereby putting the North Americans  to shame.  :engel:

Added bonus for Warlord is that he also becomes a member of that very very select club ........ who have had "one on Midaski's tab"   :biggriin:

Was great to meet so many of you in person, shame I couldn’t stay longer, but family holiday afterall. Dinner at Soth’s house was a great night, and the club is a fantastic place to be, and Midaski is as old as they say, but just as generous as Soth. Also helped that I sat down to one game of Munchkin and won! I did take cisse’s hand on level 3, but I took it to the end. Considering that was the only game I played in my swing by, I guess consider me undefeated! If any of you want a rematch, see you in Sydney!
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2018, 03:15:45 PM »
Sounds like a good way to start the AussieBash, although half the event is just trying to avoid the dangerous animals like wombats and drop bears.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #161 on: May 01, 2018, 03:34:06 PM »
I tried explaining drop bears yesterday.. :evil:

Offline shavixmir

• Members
« Reply #162 on: May 01, 2018, 03:52:47 PM »

Please note:
RealJuan earned a merit award but despite being Colombian his german residency did not earn South America the title.
Also Shav does not earn recognition in this category as Scotland is not recognised as a civilised country or part of Europe. 

Oh, please, you biased auld English-person!

Everyone knows Aussietrallopia is a country filled with convicts and prison guards!
And poisonous kangaroos and spiders.
The only culture to come from there is Rolf bloody Harris and ACDC.
One’s a convicted criminal and the other’s a band full of convicted criminals.

Pffff we in Scotland have Haggis, the Proclaimers and bagpipes!

Just so tou know!

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2018, 04:51:05 PM »
Were you still there when I mentioned I killed a adult huntsman every 2 days during a few weeks in summer, and then a month later to have 200 baby spiders hatch behind our bed? I went upstairs to change after work and there were spots all over our bed. The next 6 hrs I killed all 200 of them as they came out of wherever the adult layed its eggs behind the skirting board.

Thats Australia.

You should instead been drawing on your Dutch heritage, saying the Dutch discovered Australia first and decided it wasn’t worth settling, and then the Brits found it but claimed it as their own.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2018, 05:26:23 PM »
We all know Shav is exaggeration.

There's no such thing as prison guards in Australia. That's what the desert is for. They just dropped the buggers off on the coast and went home for tea and crumpets.

I have at least a few welsh ancestors way back who won themselves a one way trip to Australia for being thieving blighters.

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #165 on: May 01, 2018, 06:05:34 PM »
What did we learn this year at the bash? Yes, some very important lessons for the future!
* Warlord isn't a tall white bearded wizard. But he is the master of the dungeon.
* Shav is still a charming as ever, and loves pirate ladies. Who go out and steal the son of the "governor".
* A spellcaster (called Gargamel) isn't great at casting spells and killing zombies with it. But he is better with a sword. A dwarf smith is great at cast spells, although he normally wields a hammer.
* Change of habit isn't good for Midaski, as his internal systems can't adapt that fast.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #166 on: May 01, 2018, 07:26:33 PM »
Were you still there when I mentioned I killed a adult huntsman every 2 days during a few weeks in summer, and then a month later to have 200 baby spiders hatch behind our bed? I went upstairs to change after work and there were spots all over our bed. The next 6 hrs I killed all 200 of them as they came out of wherever the adult layed its eggs behind the skirting board.

Thats Australia.

You should instead been drawing on your Dutch heritage, saying the Dutch discovered Australia first and decided it wasn’t worth settling, and then the Brits found it but claimed it as their own.

As I remember we also mentioned that after the brits made it a disaster country the dutch immigrants tried to make it better again. Look at the metric system and such.. now just that darned left side driving to abolish!

Was really nice meeting you Warlord! Hope to take that challenge to Sydney some day when I'll visit my other relatives!

What did we learn this year at the bash? Yes, some very important lessons for the future!
* Warlord isn't a tall white bearded wizard. But he is the master of the dungeon.
* Shav is still a charming as ever, and loves pirate ladies. Who go out and steal the son of the "governor".
* A spellcaster (called Gargamel) isn't great at casting spells and killing zombies with it. But he is better with a sword. A dwarf smith is great at cast spells, although he normally wields a hammer.
* Change of habit isn't good for Midaski, as his internal systems can't adapt that fast.

I can add to this!
* Shav should never let Molly drive EVER again!
* Eurobash for Soth makes things "hard" on him  :engel:
* When I do get married again Eurobashers are invited to attend, everyone can draw their own conclusions from it  :closed-eyes:
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #167 on: May 01, 2018, 08:48:07 PM »
Tut Tut Steg - we agreed we wouldn't talk about weddings until Soth was ready to announce it ...............

I thought An looked 'radiant' ................

................. or weren't we supposed to give that away.
Such a pity non-attending regulars will have missed the once in a lifetime event.

:closed-eyes:

Offline shavixmir

• Members
« Reply #168 on: May 01, 2018, 09:46:41 PM »
Were you still there when I mentioned I killed a adult huntsman every 2 days during a few weeks in summer, and then a month later to have 200 baby spiders hatch behind our bed?
Did you hear high-pitch screaming?
Nope. Then I wasn't there.

Seriously. Spiders are not my thing.
Nope, na and never.

Offline Henerius

• Members
  • not Henry
« Reply #169 on: May 01, 2018, 11:57:15 PM »
In the morning on saturday Warhammerlord Soth, StealthKnightSteg, Shavixmir, Midaski and Ronald started with "Chicago Ways"

During the morning and early afternoon people arrived at HQ in Sint Niklaas. It was an entertaining game to watch playing. The spectators and players enjoyed the game very much.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 12:03:10 AM by Henerius »
Quote from: Commander Bernhardt
don't listin to the evil Henerius
Quote from: steveb
if your fantasy world is not real enough, take two aspirins and go paint.  steveb

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2018, 12:13:19 AM »
Awesome to see so much fun happening! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

Going to a Eurobash is definitely on my bucket list.

And crud, why can't we all stop getting older? It's a crime, I tell ya, a crime.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2018, 12:40:30 AM »
And thus the pictures begin.  :::cheers::: :::cheers:::

Looks awesome guys. I'm very jealous of the shelving of all things! My club just has everything in boxes.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #172 on: May 02, 2018, 12:55:52 AM »
Great pics! Envious as hell. I agree with GP! Bucket list 😸

Nice shop for sure.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Henerius

• Members
  • not Henry
« Reply #173 on: May 02, 2018, 01:12:12 AM »
The main game on Sunday morning/ afternoon. I am so sorry Warlord, we ended the game just before dinner.

Quote from: Commander Bernhardt
don't listin to the evil Henerius
Quote from: steveb
if your fantasy world is not real enough, take two aspirins and go paint.  steveb

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #174 on: May 02, 2018, 07:46:47 AM »
Great pics! Envious as hell. I agree with GP! Bucket list 😸

Nice shop for sure.

Not a shop. Our clubhouse.

Paid for with drinks and food over the last decade, and adapted to our needs by voluntary hard labour overe the past months....

Apart from selling food and drinks, we have no commercial activity.
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.