home

Author Topic: How to make flags and banners?  (Read 2650 times)

Caramoncustoms

How to make flags and banners?
« on: November 02, 2018, 08:11:03 AM »
Hello community,
I am Andy, a 40 years-old father of three boys who loves Warhammer Fantasy.
One of my sons is a great fan of the empire and has a huge unbuilt and unpainted army. My job is to change that. Now I have a question...
Ho can I make cool flags and banners? Freehand painted is only the very last option. Are there any decals available, or how do you make them? It would also be very cool, if you could show me some examples of your flags and such.
So, thx in advance for all your help!

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Re: How to make flags and banners?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 09:25:29 AM »
Welcome to warhammer-empire. This may be of interest to you: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=49674.0
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 01:47:55 PM »
A great option I have discovered is transfer paper.
Step 1: Get hold of a transfer sheet ;any kit will do provided its a fresh transfer sheet [a fifty year old Airfix one wont work too well]
Step 2: Place the transfer sheet in a dish of water to remove the transfers [it helps if your using them on another kit at the same time so they don't go to waste
Step 3: Once the transfers are off the sheet, take the damp sheet and cut it to fit any banner or pole you want it on
Step 4: Make sure that both 'sticky' sides affix to each other
Step 5: Wait to dry
Step 6: If both sides have not affixed to each other, use PVA glue [in small amounts]
Step 7: Paint

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 05:25:48 PM »
Do you have a PC and a printer?

If so google warhammer empire flags and print some out.  Also there is a guy on this forum that used to do custom flags...Flags of War or something like that.
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 08:44:49 PM »
A coke can works well as well