home

Author Topic: Chumley Warner's Empire. 3D printing  (Read 1801556 times)

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
Re: Chumley Warner Empire Images
« Reply #2200 on: April 16, 2012, 10:23:30 AM »
Exactly. I found out the hard way. GW doesn't pay crap!

Actually, it seems they do...

Yeah, but it's not good crap. There's no roughage in it, and it has barely any sweetcorn.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #2201 on: April 16, 2012, 10:44:18 AM »
It's basically minimum wage

40 hours per week, 6 quid/hour ~ £12K,

not far off

If you worked on that wage you wouldn't be able to eat in a restaurant ever , or drive a car

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

• Members
« Reply #2202 on: April 16, 2012, 11:43:14 AM »
GW wanted some bigger images :)

My Walter had to swap the Lector for a GW Mordheim model, rather than AOW....

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

• Members
« Reply #2203 on: April 16, 2012, 11:43:59 AM »

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #2204 on: April 16, 2012, 02:25:25 PM »
 :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Spjuth

• Members
« Reply #2205 on: April 16, 2012, 03:19:06 PM »
Very nice!

The Walter looks almost better with the new WP..

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2206 on: April 16, 2012, 03:44:35 PM »
It's basically minimum wage

40 hours per week, 6 quid/hour ~ £12K,

not far off

If you worked on that wage you wouldn't be able to eat in a restaurant ever , or drive a car

Interesting perception of wealth. I earn 15.5, and have enough money to do more than "scratch" a living, with a wife and child. (Fine for me starting out at work, and without a useful degree! Compared to the % of other people unemployed at my age group.)

Hobby spend- albeit second hand or special offers. I play hockey, go on holidays (including eurobash) we go out for dinner etc.  We don’t have a car, but when we get a mortgage we will be saving £250 a month over the rent we pay at the moment.
Thankfully my wife is a great bargain hunter. We got our pram for £60 second hand. It was still £400 in the shops. So if you earn 60k, you probably just go “lets spend 800 quid” and then you feel like that is what you need.

You don’t need 60k, but humans spend what they earn. You maybe even feel like you can't afford kids.
I always get annoyed at the bbc articles Written by people earning 40k complaining they are poor.
I also don’t understand the mortgage argument.

If you don’t have a mortgage it means: You are really wealthy and bought a house without one. You are older, and have paid your mortgage off (neither applicable to most people). You are renting somewhere. You live at home. Or you are homeless.
So for most people not paying a mortgage means you are paying rent.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 03:55:47 PM by Finlay »
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
« Reply #2207 on: April 16, 2012, 03:50:41 PM »
@warhammerlordsoth: While I will overlook the lousy pun, I'll bet it ain't so funny when you have a mortgage and other bills though!! :-(

Offline Azyr

• Members
« Reply #2208 on: April 16, 2012, 04:02:30 PM »
Congrats on the pics for GW.
Considering that when the dark eldar came out, they had a pic on the site that used a big chnuky piece from Reaper on the front of a raider lol
Games in 2013 = 3
WHFB - 0/0/1
40k - 0/2/0

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #2209 on: April 16, 2012, 04:05:39 PM »
@warhammerlordsoth: While I will overlook the lousy pun, I'll bet it ain't so funny when you have a mortgage and other bills though!! :(

I do have those. And far higher loans to pay back as well, but that's irrelevant.
And my post was intended to point out that it's rather funny when you intend to say somebody pays poorly, you in fact say they DON'T pay crap.

It was certainly not my intention to offend anyone gaining the quoted amounts or less, and people who know me will testify that I respect all people, regardless of their income.
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

• Members
« Reply #2210 on: April 16, 2012, 04:16:37 PM »
@ Finlay,

Totally agree with everything you have posted mate,

You can see the amount i spend on models,,, I'm just as bad with other stuff, like £50 on the grand national on saturday!

People do live within their means ,

and spend everything they earn,

you budget against your salary basically,

I think it's easy to get stuck in your own bubble,

The problem for younger people now who didn't buy into housing before around the year 2002 is that it doesn't matter what you earn , because buying a house is so f'ing expensive !

===================================

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #2211 on: April 16, 2012, 04:17:46 PM »
Nice speech that merchant gave !
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #2212 on: April 16, 2012, 04:22:05 PM »
I think the models are awful and the paintshop a disgrace. You should get rid of them immediately! In fact, I am willing to do it for you...  :engel:
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Members
« Reply #2213 on: April 16, 2012, 04:31:56 PM »

''Brand Schminkmeister'' , Notorious Empire Merchant, Slave Trader and Arms Dealer!

Never short of a few thousand gold coin to invest in some sultry slave women to soften up his business deals!

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2214 on: April 16, 2012, 04:36:47 PM »
@warhammerlordsoth: While I will overlook the lousy pun, I'll bet it ain't so funny when you have a mortgage and other bills though!! :(
, and people who know me will testify that I respect all people, regardless of their income.
Yep.

@ chumley. budget against salary is fine, but then when/if salaries fall, people should realise they have to cut their spending. and it is perfectly viable to do so!

I am in a very lucky position in the housing market because my parents worked so hard and were very successful.

I really like the flowers on the merchants base, where are they from?

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #2215 on: April 16, 2012, 04:41:26 PM »
Army Painter .com

================

Did your folks buy you a house in the past?

==============

My mortgage with my wife is £670/month, so with bills added , like £120 Council wa*k tax and water, eleccy etc, we are down £1100 a month

The UK is pricey

Severn Trent tried to shaft me £550 annual water recently for a 3 bed semi D, lol

I made them install a water meter , and the bill suddenly dropped from their estimated 550 to 350, after a month, ******ers!

lol

===

I'm trying to pay off our mortgage by a reasonable age,

i'd love to take a less well paid less stressful job,

anyway must dash ,

up at 5 am tomoz to visit head office in London for the monthly sales meeting pain !

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2216 on: April 16, 2012, 04:54:45 PM »
No, I am renting at the moment, in Exeter, at £700 a month. £100 council tax. South west water = the highest in the country. Annual bill for a 2 bed maisonette was £800 quid. We are getting a water meter put in on tuesday!

But I have some money fom my dad's pension pot, which will be taken out of my inheritance, to buy a house now. Parents will live off the sale of the family home which is now too big for them.
We can borrow 100k on me and my wife's salary, with repayments of 450 a month, and we are looking at buying a really dilapidated 5bed house and doing it up with the capital.

We should have mortgage paid off at quite a young age- 35 year mortgage now pays it off at 60, and we are never going to earn less than we do now! (early repayment), and having kids early means they should be out the house when we are still reasonably young, and then we can enjoy that time together. that is the plan anyway!

at my job I get 40 days off a year, good pension, good working conditions, and flexible working time. I commute to work in 15 minutes on my bike. So I am very time-rich.

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #2217 on: April 16, 2012, 04:57:41 PM »
I went to Uni at Exeter 1997 -2011 MEng , i got f'ing drunk as f mate , and worked hard, lol

cool

I'll be mortgage free by aged 62 ROFL

===

• Members
« Reply #2218 on: April 16, 2012, 07:56:57 PM »
The collectors out there have really let their eye off the ball tonite, I just won the rare Dogs of War Borgio the Beseiger, and the Metal Engineer with Pigeon on shoulder , combined £8.20, lol

Borgio alone usually goes for £15-30+.

naughty!

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2219 on: April 16, 2012, 09:12:23 PM »
Frustrating to see Borgio goes for so much.

I had him and used him as a mounted captain, but Can't find the bugger.

Display cabinets will be one of my first buys when we get a house with more room!

Was timepiece around in 2001 chumley? I work at the uni library.

Pass the machete.

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
« Reply #2220 on: April 16, 2012, 09:23:39 PM »
Frustrating to see Borgio goes for so much.

I had him and used him as a mounted captain, but Can't find the bugger.

Display cabinets will be one of my first buys when we get a house with more room!

Was timepiece around in 2001 chumley? I work at the uni library.
I.M.O Finlay, cases are more efficient - so long as you label them with what they contain!!

Offline Azyr

• Members
« Reply #2221 on: April 17, 2012, 03:34:33 AM »
Gratz on the Borgio the Beseiger, been after that bugger for a while.

Nice models as always Chumley
(oh a note, amazed on UK prices - I won't whinge so much about how expensive models are lol)
Games in 2013 = 3
WHFB - 0/0/1
40k - 0/2/0

• Members
« Reply #2222 on: April 17, 2012, 07:01:47 AM »
@finlay, yep Timepiece , we used to call it ring piece , no idea why ,

i hear they have revamped exeter since i left , the town centre etc,

======

i don't want to go back to Exeter , i have a horrible feeling it will be really small and not like i recall it in reality etc,

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
« Reply #2223 on: April 17, 2012, 02:40:34 PM »
@finlay, yep Timepiece , we used to call it ring piece , no idea why ,

i hear they have revamped exeter since i left , the town centre etc,

======

i don't want to go back to Exeter , i have a horrible feeling it will be really small and not like i recall it in reality etc,

Simple answer, go back for a visit, and maybe take in an Exeter City F.C. game at the same time?

Offline Byronic

• Members
Re: Chumley Warner Empire Images - GW Feature
« Reply #2224 on: April 17, 2012, 04:04:41 PM »
Belated congratulations on being featured bud, nice one :) I'm surprised that you haven't been before, they could probably cover empire for the next 2 weeks with the contents of this thread, even at 3 posts a day!

I'm quite happy that GW included me.

It's a small bit of recognition.

Would they believe me if I told them that the Mordheim Freelancer Knights took me 90 minutes though?

Probably not bud, when they featured my terrorgheist I told Dan in the email that took me a day (maybe 6 hours for you at your speed? :)) and in the article it said it only took me 3, I think they probably get their fair share of people vastly underestimating the time they've spent on things and so take it all with a pinch of salt, which I guess you can't blame them for.

Have you sent in much more of you other stuff?

That horde is one of the best units for the Empire I've seen, absolutely outstanding as ever!

I'd tell you to keep up the good work, but you don't seem to need any more fuel for your machining out models :)

Byron