home

Author Topic: Chumley Warner's Empire. 3D printing  (Read 1801455 times)

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
Re: Chumley Warner's Empire- Nordland !
« Reply #3000 on: August 10, 2012, 07:53:18 AM »
Are the shields on those Swordsmen really that vivid a blue, or is it just from lighting and photographing?

They are more vivid than usual, enchanted Blue, over yellow base coat, washed with Hawk Turquoise , highlighted ice blue,

then glossed

:eusa_wall:
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

• Members
« Reply #3001 on: August 10, 2012, 02:07:05 PM »
Arg assembled my Celestial H !

Just gotta paint the whole thing gold now, 100% gold !  :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

lol

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

• Members
« Reply #3002 on: August 10, 2012, 03:27:54 PM »
It's the fastest paint job i have ever done ,

lol

started asembling the Celestial H at 2.30 pm, whilst working on numerous customer calls in between, on my head set,

2 hours later it's 100% assembled, based, and painted gold and brown,

• Members
Re: Chumley Warner's Empire- Celestial Works Begin
« Reply #3003 on: August 10, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »
I want to create a gold look to the model, metal with hidden power, illuminated by strange colours within the structure type thing ,,,,

initial works

Offline Mr Hpoo

• Members
« Reply #3004 on: August 10, 2012, 06:29:58 PM »
Hi chumley!
I have been creepily watching your plog (and others...) for a few months.. and finally decided to join up to the forum! Really find your stuff inspirational to read through and follow so thanks for that!
Loving these colours, looks like you nailed the magical metal effect that you were aiming for. Looking forward to seeing it all knocked up.
Cheers
Mr hpoo

Offline Spjuth

• Members
« Reply #3005 on: August 10, 2012, 08:15:39 PM »
Great start!

• Members
« Reply #3006 on: August 11, 2012, 12:33:03 AM »
Hi chumley!
I have been creepily watching your plog (and others...) for a few months.. and finally decided to join up to the forum! Really find your stuff inspirational to read through and follow so thanks for that!
Loving these colours, looks like you nailed the magical metal effect that you were aiming for. Looking forward to seeing it all knocked up.
Cheers
Mr hpoo

I was just at the bulldog bash, drank 7 pints of lager and paid 20 quid to see clunge dance,

she was fine,

now back wid me wife who is fine also

• Members
« Reply #3007 on: August 11, 2012, 03:22:05 PM »

• Members
« Reply #3008 on: August 11, 2012, 05:10:48 PM »
Progressing

Offline Alleton

• Members
  • I'm not unit champion, shoot someone else!
« Reply #3009 on: August 11, 2012, 09:17:31 PM »
How'd you get that deep red? I like!

very good work all around, as always.
Demonslayer
 "hey, let's use one of those seals that keep ultimate darkness contained and use it to fry goblins, also have it be operated by the college janitor".

Warhammer Plog:
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=42622.msg751211#msg751211

• Members
« Reply #3010 on: August 12, 2012, 09:22:16 AM »

• Members
« Reply #3011 on: August 12, 2012, 09:25:27 AM »
Finished to gaming standard but still plenty of work left

Offline Vesticus

• Members
« Reply #3012 on: August 12, 2012, 12:31:15 PM »
Looking really good so far.

Can't wait to see what extra bits and pieces you do to it.

Makes me want to get starting on my Luminark
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My modelling and painting log:
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=43403.0

Offline Armholeeio

• Members
« Reply #3013 on: August 12, 2012, 06:57:48 PM »
Finished to gaming standard but still plenty of work left

I would say it surpased gaming standards at this point. Only thing with the luminark when it fires off wouldnt the horses freak and run from battle like Sir Didymus' mount Ambrosius from the Labyrinth, i could see a wizard holding on for dear life as the horses speed off the battle field shouting " the battle behind us your going the wrong way !!!!!"
If it wasn't for the dried frog pills i would be mad !!!!!!!

• Members
« Reply #3014 on: August 12, 2012, 11:27:13 PM »
it is a wagon of true naughtiness

• Members
Re: Chumley Warner's Empire-
« Reply #3015 on: August 14, 2012, 01:03:27 PM »
I rescued these part painted from e bay,

the guy had under coated black,

It re-iterates why never to undercoat black, it's so hard to finish to a good standard from black imo

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
Re: Chumley Warner's Empire- Xbows
« Reply #3016 on: August 14, 2012, 02:00:55 PM »
It re-iterates why never to undercoat black, it's so hard to finish to a good standard from black imo

Statements like that really bug me sometimes. That's got everything to do with your painting style, relying on washes of paint so much. Of course it's going to be more difficult to finish to a good standard with black primer/undercoat with your style of painting.

Those crossbows definitely don't have the look of your normal work though. They are definitely duller and less bright.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

• Members
« Reply #3017 on: August 14, 2012, 03:10:08 PM »
I need some1 to prove to me that black under coating works, as when I try it, i feel that I have to add more layers of paint to achieve colour, and in doing so detract from the quality of the finished model.

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #3018 on: August 14, 2012, 03:45:14 PM »
My problem is that you are making a generalization about black primer, implying that everyone will have the same problem you have. That's just not the case. You make that claim based on your experiences and your technique. However, it doesn't take into account other people's experiences and techniques, which by all accounts are very different from your's. Sure your technique is fast and produces good results, but it is by no means the only technique nor the best technique.

It doesnt matter what color primer I use, it takes me the same amount of time and effort to get a model to a state I like. My preference is actually for gray right now as I can see details easier when painting, as white and black make details more difficult for me to see. Other than the short speed improvment gained from seeing the details easier in the first place, prior to putting on my base colors, my style doesn't change how much effort it takes to get to a final product I'm pleased with.

For you, white is best, for someone else black is best, but I find it highly unlikely any one will ever be able to prove that one color primer is always best nor one color should never be used. Please just stop claiming absolutes.

Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #3019 on: August 14, 2012, 04:37:02 PM »
I have used both black and white primers. I find that using white or a light colored primer forces me to paint better.  With black I would miss areas on the mini and just saying it would look like shadow, now when I look at them I see all these black voids where I was too lazy to paint. When I use white primer areas that I missed with paint immediatly pop out at you and I correct it.  I do use black primer for my knights though, and some scenery.
I like cheese.            My Army Blog: http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=21327.0

Offline Blue in vt

• Members
« Reply #3020 on: August 14, 2012, 05:17:31 PM »
I need some1 to prove to me that black under coating works, as when I try it, i feel that I have to add more layers of paint to achieve colour, and in doing so detract from the quality of the finished model.

Not to toot my own horn but I'm fond of how these turned out...from a black basecoat.

Now I would never claim that my system is anywhere near as quick as yours but I prefer the much more saturated colors I achieve using black primer (or dark Grey) over white. YMMV...different strokes for different folks and all that...

Cheers,

Blue
My Painting and Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Offline DonJulio

• Members
« Reply #3021 on: August 14, 2012, 05:36:59 PM »
Ok that demonstrates that black works indeed.   :-)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #3022 on: August 14, 2012, 06:05:31 PM »
good grief they both work  :dry: LOL!!!  nice FREAKIN paint Job dude  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

• Members
« Reply #3023 on: August 14, 2012, 06:10:59 PM »
black urrrgggggg  eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  :eusa_wall:

Offline Gorgash Redfang

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Ostermark "Themed" Army
« Reply #3024 on: August 14, 2012, 06:32:53 PM »
+1 Black works for me   :eusa_clap:
Then make three times that. It should be enough for half the roof Glue
You could certainly amass quite a collection of testicles