home

Author Topic: Chumley Warner's Empire. 3D printing  (Read 1801519 times)

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
Re: Chumley Warner's Empire - The hidden Barbarian Prince
« Reply #3100 on: September 03, 2012, 08:21:45 AM »
For some reason that right barbarian prince looks shorter than the left one, weird.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3101 on: September 03, 2012, 10:19:18 AM »
Regarding scary-face the masked wizard, he's actually a modified version of one of the Lone Wolf miniatures range, based on a picture from the first game book. He's a helghast:

So now you know!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Alleton

• Members
  • I'm not unit champion, shoot someone else!
« Reply #3102 on: September 03, 2012, 01:06:47 PM »

So now you know!

And knowing is half the battle!
Demonslayer
 "hey, let's use one of those seals that keep ultimate darkness contained and use it to fry goblins, also have it be operated by the college janitor".

Warhammer Plog:
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=42622.msg751211#msg751211

Offline Maza

• Members
« Reply #3103 on: September 03, 2012, 04:51:18 PM »
Regarding scary-face the masked wizard, he's actually a modified version of one of the Lone Wolf miniatures range, based on a picture from the first game book. He's a helghast:

I must say: that's a pretty impressive piece of geek lore.

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #3104 on: September 04, 2012, 09:25:18 AM »
That is very interesting !

What further secrets can be revealed.

It's like looking back in time,

It's archaeology , and research.

Can you get a sculpt of this era in good condition, can you then identify it , and understand the inspiration which created it, how it fits into the overall picture.

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #3105 on: September 04, 2012, 09:37:26 AM »
Lone Wolf books are amazing!

A friend of mine has the full collection of originals which would set you back a pretty penny but you can get some of the first ones online for free
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

• Members
Re: Chumley Warner's Empire -
« Reply #3106 on: September 04, 2012, 02:40:27 PM »
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Vintagephreak

• Members
  • "Don't threaten me with a dead fish!"
« Reply #3107 on: September 04, 2012, 03:30:01 PM »

So now you know!

Were the Lone Wolf figures solid- or slottabased, by the way? Surely not slotta..?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3108 on: September 04, 2012, 04:28:45 PM »
Nice jade wizard!

I never got around to buying one of those.

Were the Lone Wolf figures solid- or slottabased, by the way? Surely not slotta..?

Solid based, according to stuff of legends.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
Re: Chumley Warner's Empire - Jade Wizard
« Reply #3109 on: September 04, 2012, 04:43:53 PM »
I can see the first post of him now, but not the second.

Worth the wait too.  Nice job.  Is it the first thing you've done in green for quite a while?

• Members
« Reply #3110 on: September 04, 2012, 04:45:28 PM »
Yep - I am also just 2 hours from completing every model in the ''Heroic Fighters of the Known World'' series,

will post the whole 8 later in a Tuesday special!!

Watch this space ,

time to go running 1st in the sun  :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

• Members
« Reply #3111 on: September 04, 2012, 06:53:58 PM »
I am proud to have collected all 8 !!

http://www.solegends.com/citboxes/bc7heroes.htm

• Members
Re: Chumley Warner's Empire - ''Heroic Fighters of the Known World'' GW 1985
« Reply #3112 on: September 04, 2012, 08:42:34 PM »
Frank(Photobucket Customer Support Home)
Sep 04 02:31 pm (MDT)

Hello there!

I am very sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Our engineering team is troubleshooting the problem. There was server issue that started on the 2nd of September that is causing many issues on the site (503 error page, images not loading on the site or where they are linked out, gray boxes, slow loading, etc), and our engineers are hard at work on getting that server fixed, as well as a disk drive rebuilt (as it had crashed during that time).

Let me assure you that your account and photos are fine, and will be made available again when this is resolved.

I don't have a time frame for when this will be resolved, but hopefully it will be very soon. Thank you for your patience and again, I am terribly sorry for this inconvenience!

--------
Search our Help & Community pages on our Support Site - http://support.photobucket.com/home or email us back if you have any other questions!

Frank@Photobucket Support

Mod Edit:
I've done a tidy-up of the multiple posts resulting from this probelm so that the thread is not spoiled by a page of extra pics and loads of posts saying "I can / I can't see them" 
   :engel:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:22:24 AM by Midaski »

Offline orcyboy

• Members
« Reply #3113 on: September 05, 2012, 12:38:01 AM »

Your collection isn't complete until you get the ones with minor variations, like Haaold the Hammer but with one horn etc...

Offline Alleton

• Members
  • I'm not unit champion, shoot someone else!
« Reply #3114 on: September 05, 2012, 01:19:52 AM »

Your collection isn't complete until you get the ones with minor variations, like Haaold the Hammer but with one horn etc...

If he hangs himself it's on your conscience Orcyboy :P
Demonslayer
 "hey, let's use one of those seals that keep ultimate darkness contained and use it to fry goblins, also have it be operated by the college janitor".

Warhammer Plog:
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=42622.msg751211#msg751211

Offline orcyboy

• Members
« Reply #3115 on: September 05, 2012, 02:18:08 AM »

No don't do it Chumley,  LOL!

Way way back in the day my friend and I both bought the Heroic Fighters set around the same time.  I was always jealous that he got the two horned Harald in his which looks better then my single horned one.  I also just noticed the hammer is angled differently.

Offline Gorgash Redfang

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Ostermark "Themed" Army
« Reply #3116 on: September 05, 2012, 02:42:43 AM »

SSSSSHHHHH  FFS  hehehehe   Still love "Harry" as a mini, I may get one for $12 and the "Young Fighter" 

By the way the 60 pics you now have look GREAT!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 02:45:15 AM by Gorgash Redfang »
Then make three times that. It should be enough for half the roof Glue
You could certainly amass quite a collection of testicles

Offline ColonialRaptor

• Members
    • www.facebook.com/DavidColwellMP
« Reply #3117 on: September 05, 2012, 04:07:57 AM »
My my, I love those models!
Find my Ongoing Workbook Here

• Members
« Reply #3118 on: September 05, 2012, 08:14:54 AM »
harry with one horn?!!!

urrgggg

how do i get me one of them?!!!

• Members
« Reply #3119 on: September 05, 2012, 11:23:45 AM »
i need Harold with 1 horn,

how come such a model exists and is not on Solegends etc?!

:eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :dry:

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #3120 on: September 05, 2012, 12:07:52 PM »
Stuff of Legends isn't an official resource, nor is the collecting citadel wiki. 

GW/Citadel's own catalogues never had the full range.  There was stuff that only appeared in one White Dwarf, Citadel Journal.  20 years ago, it wasn't easy to put together a catalogue with Word processing or Desktop Publshing.  No PDFs or anything like that back then.  Cut and paste was a literally using scissors and glue.  Mail orders would very often come back with offers forstuff you never saw elsewhere, on pastel coloured paper foldout sheets.

Not to mention, stuff sometimes was only mail order or only available in shops, seasonal one offs.  Even now they still have mail order exclusives, games day specials, limited as part of a big box set etc.

Variations could be prototypes put on sale in limited releases, you know there is a lot of unreleased stuff, and the further back you go the harder it is to keep track.  You can be sure to find good resources on everything from 4th edition of warhammer onwards, there's a lot of stuff for 3rd, put the pre-slotta and early slotta stuff often had drawings instead of photos, the first photos were low-res black and white, product numbers have changed for each thing, packaging as well.

You say you're collecting everything for Empire, but you're setting about collecting everything Human, including on top of Empire - Kislev, Norse, Dogs of War (Tileans, Estalians), stuff that pre-dates the current warhammer world setting, that was for D&D and that kind of thing.  A lot of the Empire style - the Landsknect look didn't really get locked in as the style until just before 4th ed around 1989-1990. Before that, it's generic fantasy human. 

I'd also like to get everything for Empire, which I have mostly got from 4th ed onwards, but I'm not that fussed about stuff from before that wouldn't necessarily fit with the current stuff, unless it's stuff I've still got from when I started, and stuff I always wanted back then, but could never afford or get hold of.

• Members
« Reply #3121 on: September 05, 2012, 12:28:43 PM »

70 OOP Metal 1980's  models primed !

• Members
« Reply #3122 on: September 05, 2012, 12:30:13 PM »
Stuff of Legends isn't an official resource, nor is the collecting citadel wiki. 

GW/Citadel's own catalogues never had the full range.  There was stuff that only appeared in one White Dwarf, Citadel Journal.  20 years ago, it wasn't easy to put together a catalogue with Word processing or Desktop Publshing.  No PDFs or anything like that back then.  Cut and paste was a literally using scissors and glue.  Mail orders would very often come back with offers forstuff you never saw elsewhere, on pastel coloured paper foldout sheets.

Not to mention, stuff sometimes was only mail order or only available in shops, seasonal one offs.  Even now they still have mail order exclusives, games day specials, limited as part of a big box set etc.

Variations could be prototypes put on sale in limited releases, you know there is a lot of unreleased stuff, and the further back you go the harder it is to keep track.  You can be sure to find good resources on everything from 4th edition of warhammer onwards, there's a lot of stuff for 3rd, put the pre-slotta and early slotta stuff often had drawings instead of photos, the first photos were low-res black and white, product numbers have changed for each thing, packaging as well.

You say you're collecting everything for Empire, but you're setting about collecting everything Human, including on top of Empire - Kislev, Norse, Dogs of War (Tileans, Estalians), stuff that pre-dates the current warhammer world setting, that was for D&D and that kind of thing.  A lot of the Empire style - the Landsknect look didn't really get locked in as the style until just before 4th ed around 1989-1990. Before that, it's generic fantasy human. 

I'd also like to get everything for Empire, which I have mostly got from 4th ed onwards, but I'm not that fussed about stuff from before that wouldn't necessarily fit with the current stuff, unless it's stuff I've still got from when I started, and stuff I always wanted back then, but could never afford or get hold of.

It must all be collected !

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #3123 on: September 05, 2012, 01:15:28 PM »
In that case, good hunting!

Offline kwest

• Members
« Reply #3124 on: September 05, 2012, 02:52:52 PM »
Chumley, you must let us know the next time you head to warhammer world and be sure to bring this fine collection with you! I wouldn't be suprised if you end up on GW's web blog.