home

Author Topic: need help with my army fluff  (Read 2621 times)

Offline adolf gunterbrand

• Members
need help with my army fluff
« on: July 26, 2012, 06:49:21 PM »
Hi everyone
Im needing an idea for the area where my army town could be located. I was going to place it just up from axe bite pass as my armys mainly an alliance between wissenland and reikland. Im not amazingly up on my empire fluff or provinces./locations.
Heres a rough description of kaskad

Kaskad
The town of kaskad sits between 2 mountains and is little more than a large natural fortress. The mountain to the south side of the town is large rocky and barren. The north pass is the exact opposite,its peaks packed with dense forest.  The space between the 2 mountains is filled with a huge city fortress wall and forms an important boundary for the empire.  A huge signal tower 'kaskad spire ' dominates the centre of the city ready to light its beacon  and warn the empire of attack. During the chaos incursion of tamurkhan kaskads baron adolf gunterbrand assembles his men together to slow down the hordes of the maggotlord. Kaskad is directly in the path of tamurkhans forces as they head towards nuln.

Very rough but its the idea im hoping to develop into a full army fluff story.

As a newbie can anyone help with where i could. Say Kaskad is in the empire? Could it be where i wanted  or is it back to the drawing board on that?

Thankyou
Adolf gunterbrands pride of reikland
12k wissenland and reikland alliance

Offline Gorgash Redfang

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Ostermark "Themed" Army
Re: need help with my army fluff
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 03:16:21 AM »
so it is close to the River Reik, Helgart, Carroburg and not far from Altdorf??
Then make three times that. It should be enough for half the roof Glue
You could certainly amass quite a collection of testicles

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 06:35:11 AM »
I guess so
Plausible or should i change it?

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 05:54:14 AM »
Anybody got any input?
Should i change it and my army an alliance thats marching across the empire to engage one of archaons generals during the storm of chaos?

Offline Gorgash Redfang

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 04:19:43 AM »
Your geography is a bit off

http://warhammer-empire.com/library/aisforaltdorf/the-grand-principality-of-reikland/

Don`t be so firm on your fluff, instead try to adapt it to the known map and existing fluff  :-D, there is enough out there to help!

Ax Bite Pass

Helmgart is in the Pass
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:22:33 AM by Gorgash Redfang »

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 07:21:13 PM »
That map is very useful thankyou!
Im going to simplify my idea and just go with a wissenland and reikland force thats garrisoning helmgart or something.

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 12:39:52 PM »
Try a google search for "Mad Alfred WFRP"
That will bring you up a website for a former GW writer who did a lot of work from Warhammer Roleplaying and his site has massive amounts of brilliant and useful info

If you want look at the link in my signature below to Wusterberg showing my armies fluff that I hope will give you some ideas - also look elsewhere in this sub-forum for some brilliant ideas.
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 06:29:52 PM »
Thankyou
Im thinking of having kaskad as a city thats near to wissenburg but on the borders of reikland. Also maybe have my army as being an alliance from wissenland reikland and nuln thats heading up to middenheim during the storm of chaos or possibly tamurkhans invasion. I havent got my tamurkan book here sadly and my memorys rather sketchy over the fluff from it.
All i know is that i want my army to be those 3 provinces mainly with possibly a few other provinces slightly represented but there all allied against either tamurkhan or archaon.

So totally getting rid of the starter paragraph i wrote in this thread and starting from scratch. Im on holiday at the moment so expect alot of my 1st draft fluff soon. I really appreciate the help people are giving.

Only thing im struggling with is ive read that wissenland doesnt have much military funding so how can i explain the ranks of wissenland state troops i have? And my 4 helblasters etc
Do i use the fact my army has a strong reikland theme to justify it?

Ill post my rough draft once its done and hopefully someone on here can help with any inaccuracies or suggestions
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:42:04 PM by adolf gunterbrand »

Offline Gorgash Redfang

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 12:22:57 AM »
Wissenland
Wissenland’s Elector is Countess Emmanuelle von Liebewitz, the most eligible woman in The Empire. The Countess famously spends all her time at Nuln, hosting extravagant parties, and has little interest in her province. The people of Wissenland, tough and independent, despise the Countess and the indolent city-dwellers. Lacking the military funding of Reikland or Averland, the Wissenland army makes heavy use of ambush and hit-and-run tactics, favouring horse-archers and woodsmen above artillery and massed infantry. Rather paradoxically, the province is also famous for its pike regiments, drilled at the capital Wissenburg.

Nuln
There is no Elector Count of Nuln, but Countess Emmanuelle of Wissenland holds her court in the city. She is also Chancellor of the University, though this is a purely ceremonial role. The Countess is renowned for her extravagant parties – her desire is to surpass the Imperial Court at Altdorf in sheer decadence.

The city is home to an Elector, but not one representing the city – Kasmir IX, one of the two Arch-Lectors of the cult of Sigmar, is posted here.

Given Nuln’s specialization in all things gunpowder-based, it is no surprise that its army makes very heavy use of such weapons.
Nuln is also famous for its use of the pike and the half-pike.

Just using the Library here it seems like you can fill all the criteria of your army with not too much effort  :engel: 

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 09:06:16 PM »
Thankyou for the help and suggestions. I managed to write a good 5 pages of fluff the other day but havent typed it up yet. As soon as i do it will be on here and hopefully it wont be too far fetched or unrealistic.
Basically i decided that kaskad sits on the border between nuln wissenland and reikland and because of that neither province claims outright ownership of it. Its more of a barrack/garrisson type town that has troops from all bordering provinces in its grounds.
Full story to come later though.