home

Author Topic: Empire (RPG) The March  (Read 21597 times)

Offline Rathis Darkwielder

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2004, 07:50:30 PM »
Lethair greets his newly appointed huntsmen unit and tells them to wait here and protect his from any attack. Then he focusses on the boar rider unit bearing down on the empire line and casts a minor spell that summons a small spirit of shadow which kills six boar riders before disappearing again...

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2004, 09:39:22 PM »
OCC: Konrad nice work a pistolier detachment :)

Konrad charges his pistolier forward the halberdiers break right before arrival but the surprise is still in full when the boar boy's ready to persue the halberdiers get hit in the side with the swordsman and the rear Boar boys start falling to handgun fire from the pistoliers they wheel to fight the pistoliers and swordsman refusing to give up there leader looses his boar and in a battle rage runs forward and tackles konrad's horse knocking him to the ground with the horse also droping your repeater pistols as well konrad stands up holding a scimter while the Orc smiles swinging his axe back & fourth before him as a taunt!  He charges in with a roar shaking Konrad with the verbal assault you manage an ill parry and give ground not wanting to get too close to the Orc big boss.  he turns and yells in protest "ME GUNA RIPS U'S APART HUMMIE!"  

OCC: Your move Konrad i sim this one :) and its hard to immitate a orc why cant they just talk normal?

Charles looks around at the tatered lines and looks down to luthair "Can you get to the enemy flank and cause some damage just sneak along the wood there" he points to a place behind the swordsman!  Get going and if those orcs brake line dont be in there way you'lle get slaughtered!

Charles turns and yell back to the cannon crew to focus on the giants they are posing a great threat!

OCC: You guys want me to end this battle soon so we can go to our next one and maybe pick up some more active players or do you want to finish this one out?  For each battle we go to fight ill open a new thread like this one the march!
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2004, 08:17:23 AM »
OOC> Let's fight this one first, then IMO try to recruit some more people to this RPG. It's a shame so few of the forum veterans take part in this, it's not at all off-topic IMHO.

OOC2> Don't forget, WARRIOR2006, Konrad got all the braces of pistols from Hans...

Konrad stands on hind legs, with great pain in his left arm, which once again got hit by the fall and now was rendered totally useless, even the hand he could previously turn at the wrist. He quickly dodges the orc boss' charge, dropping his sword and reaching inside his jacket for another pistol, which he hastily fires against the orc. Overcome with pain and forced to fire quickly against a moving target in order to be able to change weapons again, Konrad hits the left thigh of the orc. The orc wavers for a second, barely long enough for Konrad to pick up his sword again. The orc rushes against him again, swinging its axe in a huge overhead blow. Konrad dodges to the right, and the axe barely scrapes off a small slice of flesh from Konrad's left leg. While he dodges, his sword arcs unopposed against the belly of the orc. However, Konrad's dodge took him too far away from the orc to be able to reach it with more than the tip of the sword, and the result is a mere flesh-cut in a place where a deeper cut would spill guts. Konrad realises the orc has learned its lesson and won't give him the slightest chance to draw another pistol.

Now he wished he'd possess something of the brutish character of those Knights of the White Wolf. Not being able to keep his adversary on the receiving end of a pistol, he has to rely on what he has learned in the many fencing drills he had gone through in his father's court.

The orc, driven into a frenzy from seeing Konrad's blood as well as getting its own spilled, rushes forwards in maniacal rage, with its axe held in its both hands overhead.

Konrad takes a resolute action, deciding to make a do-or-die gamble. He suddenly leaps into a lunge forward, hoping that the bulky orc will be too slow to react and consequently time its axe to land in Konrad's original position. In the air, Konrad makes a backhand swing with his sword, aiming it against the orc's neck.

OOC> WARRIOR2006, in thy hands I put thy fate of Konrad von Richtmark and his adversary...

OOC2> Since he is the son of the Elector Count of Talabheim, he has nearly the fighting skills of an Elector Count rather than those of an ordinary pistolier champion.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2004, 12:13:24 PM »
As Lethair moves towards the forest with his newly comissioned band of huntsmen, he suddenly sees Konrad von Richtmark fighting one of the largest orcs Lethair had ever seen in a challenge. The young boy seemed to be wounded pretty bad and Lethair was sure that he would not win straight fight with the orc.

When the young man lunged forward, Lethair saw a chance on ending the duel. He tapped into the reserves of the magical wand and opened up a hole of shadow underneath the orc. The beast must have sensed the magic in the air, for it reacted with abnormal speed to the opening hole. The orc tried to jump clear, but only managed to do so barely, resulting in a messy fall on the edge of the hole. Distressed, Lethair watched what the boy would do next...

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2004, 07:41:41 PM »
Thanks to the lightning-fast reflexes gained from the best fencing instructors in all of Talabecland, Konrad registers the orc's dodge out of the hole, and reacts by changing the arc of his backhand swipe a bit to the right, hoping that he reacted fast enough for the swipe to hit home...
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2004, 01:30:32 AM »
OCC: what have i dropped too only 2 active guys this will end soon and we will continue to our nest fight which opponet wopuld be the funnest to fight?

Konrad sword digs deep into the orcs flesh in howls in both rage and pain as it brings it axe down but over extended the orc is and the axe head narrowly misses konrad.  But the handle still hits konrad on the back dropping him to the ground the orc stands up to finish him but not knowing it was already dead finally falls dead from the sword that had penetrated its heart!  Konrad manages to stand and yell in victory while luthair and the huntsmen flank the boar boys.  After seeing there leader defeated and being attack in no less then 3 directions the Orcs falter and are literally slaughtered!  The boar boys near bye seeing what just transpired turn tail and run too, also the halberdiers rally to join in on the fray!

Charles looks in despair as the Orc warboss kills Ulric in a matter of seconds he charges out in rage to challenge the beast his greatswords in tow ready to fight off the brutes body guards huge orcs that look tiny in the eyes of the Warboss!  The 2 units me in a class Charles easily meets the beast as he ordered it so it charges forward with uncanny speed bringing its axe in a sidewards swing dismounting charles as it sparks off his shield.  He turns to charge again but Charles drops low putting his runefang up gutting the boar the Warboss flies off face first going head over heals and lands it gets up in pure rage roaring in protest the roar rivaling a giants he turns and charges in the 2 exchange swings parries and minor wounds for a couple of minutes but it is clear to all that Charles is out matched and fighting a loosing battle.

The cannon crew smile in glee as a cannon ball hits a giant scare in the chest killing it instantely!

OCC: i wont end it yet you brave men have won the left flank the boars are shifting to face you head on you now have combined ranks swordsman/halberdiers 22  &  Pistoliers/huntsmen 19 (4 pistoliers) & konrad without a horse might wanna join other unit!  Luthair helps lead united unit!
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2004, 12:37:42 PM »
Konrad barely stands after the ordeal. His left arm's bones are in splinters, and his left leg though still functional is bleeding. A handful of swordsmen rush to Konrad, surrounding him.

Swordsman: Sire! Are you wounded?

Konrad: So it seems. Is there a field surgeon somewhere? A white wizard? A priestess of Shallya? A combat drug dealer?

One of the swordsmen immediately sets out to find one

OOC> I leave it to our gamemaster if Konrad gets any healing

Konrad identifies a finely dressed figure riding up to him, identifying him as his father's second advisor Adolf. He rides up to Konrad.

Adolf: Sire Konrad! Thy father sent me to watch thine progress, and gave me the signed authority to command thee to return home in case thy life would be put at severe risk, and thus I order thee to leave this battle immediately and follow me on my journey back to Talabheim.

Konrad: You will return to Talabheim alone. Ask my father how many battles he has been able to win by his own accord, from behind his castle walls while his men are being killed in the fields. Ask him how much better the military campaigns of illustrous men leading from the front like Boris Todbringer and Valmir von Raukov have fared. Furthermore you will dismount and give me your steed, as well as those pistols under your jacket. You need them not. If you fear his wrath, tell him that his son needed them more than yourself, and demanded them from you under gunpoint.

Adolf: But, I couldn't lie to his grace the Elector Count...

Konrad: Oh... stupid me. My apologies. *points a pistol at the face of Adolf* Your steed or your life! Oh, and another thing. While you are at it, tell him a request from his son to send him his runefang. He needs it not if he leads his troops from the rear.

The swordsmen who had heard the conversation cheered at the resolve of Konrad. Adolf gruntingly dismounts and hands over his pistols to Konrad, who once again is in the saddle, festooned with pistols. He silently wondered for himself how many more horses he would consume before the battle was over. He started thinking how many times today his life had been at stake. If not for the stalwart swordsmen, a goblin might well have cut his head off. If not for his lightning-fast reflexes and Lethair's aid, he would have been hacked to pieces by a huge orc boss. Was he pushing his luck too far? Anyhow, he had set on a path of no return, and his swordsmen and pistoliers needed him. At least he would get a good reputation among the soldiery, and impress Lady Theodora with something greater than the coward Hans's tall tales.

Konrad: Pistoliers! Rank up on the right flank, besides these swordsmen. I'll lead both units! Now, where is that healing?

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2004, 02:37:20 PM »
Lethair walks up to Konrad.

Nice fight, though you might want to be a bit more careful in choosing your opponents in the future  :wink:

Turning to the huntsmen, Lethair starts to order the combined unit.

Alright, I want you to wait behind the initial line of swordsmen and halberdiers, shooting at the boars. The riders will be easily dispatched if you can shoot their mounts down. If any part of the line is about to break, I expect you to rush to their aid. Any questions?

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2004, 01:52:53 AM »
OCC: the battle is almost over the middenheim army brought priest for healing you will be healed afetr the fight!

Charles and the Warboss continue fighting they break Charles exausted as is the orc he falls to a knee for a split second a pained second as the Orc Warboss charged forward again with uncanny speed swinging his huge axe in an upward strike nailing Charles breast plate there is a spark of blue energy as his the attacked is warded off but still the force sends him flying he lands on his back 8 feet away the breath cleared from him. The orc not understanding what just happened looks at its broken axe in awe it tosses the stick aside and grabs a choppa charging in.  Charles gets to a knee again keeping his head down just as the Orc approaches thinking it over he snaps up with his sword aiming to cut the beast in 2 at the waist they pass eachother the Orc now standing 4 feet behind Charles.  It looks around then falls in 2 pieces dead!  Charles grabs his arm where the choppa had hit him but his armor to the majority of it. he turns and orders the now excited greatswords to flank the remaining boar boys!

OCC: finish them off in your next post boys

User#364

Offline Defender of Ulthuan

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2004, 02:03:01 AM »
Marshall leads his knights in a last charge.. It hits home.. Orcs are fleeing..

Empire win the end...
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2004, 02:10:52 AM »
OCC: i would appreciate a little more enthusiasim and where have you been we are about to start are next battle :)

User#364

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2004, 02:26:43 AM »
Warrior......

I am now a H.E players.. Ihave sold all empire apart from 500pt worth.

Would it be ok to have an allied battle.. Maybe H.E and Empire vs- - ?

Let me know...
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2004, 07:26:55 AM »
Konrad:The greatswords could use some backup! Swordsmen and halberdiers, charge front! Pistoliers, standard flanking maneuvre! Execute!

Konrad spurs his new horse. As it is a mere travel horse it takes a bit longer to get it into motion compared to others, but it soon finds the will of its master, and the pistoliers once again maneuvre to the flank. Having completely surrounded the desperate but brave greatswords of Middenheim, the different charges hit well home, disorganising the boar riders. The greatswords and boar riders get mixed into a chaotic fray, whilst the shield wall of the swordsmen keeps the formation tight and losses at a minimum. The boar rider horde is pushed towards the infantry line to cope with the new threat. Konrad sees that only a few boars remain at the rear of their surrounding of the Middenheim greatswords.

Konrad: Move to the rear! Prepare to shoot a path to the Middenheimers!

The pistoliers swiftly move to the rear, plucking off the last orcs that stand between the greatswords and freedom. With their leader dead and caught under an assault from several directions, including a fresh charge by the Marshal's knights at the left flank the boar boyz start to waver.

Konrad: Brace yourselves! We'll give 'em hell and break 'em! Prepare to scale the right flank from here!

Konrad and the remaining four pistoliers take up new braces and charge in, shooting even more orcs at point blank range, causing a disorganised rout before them, orcs trying to escape wherever they can, but getting caught at many sides, some barely escaping at the flank Konrad's men were closing. Seeing that the time for retribution is in, Konrad spurs his horse into a gallop, pursues, and cuts down several boar boys with his sword. Once in a while an orc falls to a pistol shot. Konrad's men have scattered, all hunting boar boys on their own accord. Satisfied, Konrad rides towards the main battlefield again, where even the most fearless and determined orcs have either broken or fallen. Konrad sees von Schenken, and rides up to him.

Konrad: Let's assemble the men and return to our lodge in Wolfenburg. We shouldn't be needed for the mop-up. Take a two days' leave and visit the town, you've earned it boys. I have some personal business to do, I'll catch up with you.

Schenken: Yes sir!

Konrad rides around the Middenheim forces, where he eventually finds a warrior priest willing of healing him. With his left leg patched and his left arm steadily in a proper mitella, he turns to the Ostlander camp, searching for something particular. Around a campfire, eating and drinking, he finds a lot he recognises. One of the soldiers quickly notices him, exclaiming:

Soldier: It's... our leader!

The other swordsmen notice Konrad as well, enthusiastically hailing him.

Konrad: Well you spoke, soldier. I am Konrad von Richtmark, son of the Elector Count of Talabheim. In a few years, I will become Count myself. I need good and loyal fighting men like you. Take your families with you and move to Talabheim and I will make you my greatsword guard, and give you all the privileges that the rank implies.

The soldiers cheer and salute their new leader.

Konrad: But, the path of the greatsword is no easy one... I will demand unwavering loyalty from all of you.

Corporal: And that you shall gain... Hail Konrad, the rightful Elector Count of Talabheim!

All soldiers: HAIL!

Konrad: Very well. I will negotiate your transfer with the Elector Count of Ostland.

Konrad rides away, very satisfied. He had set many of the theories learned at the military academy at use on the battlefield today and gained valuable commanding experience. And, most important of all, he had gained a band of followers that would fanatically stand by his side - he honestly believed he even could make them stage a palace coup would he command them to. He turned to the road to Wolfenburg, hoping to at least once again see Lady Theodora before departing for Talabheim.

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2004, 01:40:30 PM »
As the orcs fled before the units charging their flank, Lethair sees their resolve break and they flee towards the forest.

To the huntsmen leader: Do not allow them to escape our wrath! Persue them and hunt them down

Then he turns towards the wounded Konrad von Richtmark whose wounds are being treated by a priest of Ulric from the army of middenheim. The young man had bravely fought through the day and Lethair had to admire the courage the young man had shown by fighting on after he had been wounded numerous times.
"You have done well, Konrad. Talabheim will have a rightful elector with you at its head.

Offline Emerald_Hunter

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2004, 06:00:46 PM »
OOC: sorry about the unactivity, my computer is undergoing some *cough cough KICK cough cough* repairs....

IC: Coldur and his knights finishing off the last of the goblin archers and picking up the loot watch as the rest of the orcs retreat. Coldur leads his men back to the centre of the battlefield and wait for furthur orders.
Eagles may soar but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2004, 06:03:47 PM »
If I survive battles like this, that is. And, valour on the battlefield is one thing, while political calculation is another. Sixteen young nobles were sent to death under my command, which will make my father collect a number of feuds. Knowing that their sons died in glory taking hoards of orcs with them is little comfort to their noble fathers. And, von Silberhelm might be rather upset about how I humiliated his son. You are a soldier, Lethair. I am a politician as well. It is always windy on the top.

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2004, 06:10:42 PM »
You have proven yourself to be a courageous man, Konrad. I am quite sure that if one could face the horrors of battle, one would be more than able to face the wrath of some angry nobles. Your behaviour might have made the minor nobles quite upset, but your father and you will from now on have the alliance of Ostmark and even the elector count of middenheim has seen your valour in battle. These are great allies in the game of politics, my friend, and not ones to be easily forgotten

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2004, 06:28:51 PM »
I doubt that Middenheim or Ostland will be brought closer to Talabheim for this campaign. Our only contribution was our Pistolier Korps, which my father sent mostly in order for me to gain experience. While the utility might have been great, the input was low. For a venture like cleansing the Middle Mountains, he could simply not care less. Not before the orcs arrive at the border of Talabecland.

The stability in a noble's position is very dependent on how content he keeps his vassals, especially if he relies on them for military support. The Richtmarks have seldom understood that state armies are superior in reliability compared to feudal armies following the whims of their lords. My father is by many regarded as decadent and degenerate, and behind his back they wish someone else would be their lord. Sometimes I really think I should stage a palace coup before someone else has time to do that.

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2004, 07:56:40 PM »
At least your actions today have shown your worth to the Elector Count of Middenheim (OOC: even if there is no such count) and if you would stage a coup, he will probably support you and not your father.  His alliance might win you the favour of the other counts too after you have established your own rule in Talabheim. But enough of these politics now, I will have to report to the Count of Middenheim for a post-battle report.

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2004, 08:28:12 PM »
And I have some business to attend to. Today I think I will lay the foundations of my greatsword guard. Every Elector Count needs one, better start gathering them early to let them build up devotion as early as possible. And, for ventures like palace coups, one needs a fanatical band of followers. We didn't have this discussion.

(OOC note: since Lethair met him when he was healed, the part with the swordsmen hasn't happened yet)

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2004, 05:58:24 AM »
Charles looks around at the carnage Luthair walks up to see his face troubled.  We have stopped the horde utterly destroyed it and i doubt they will ever think of raiding the Empire but at such a high price!   Well atleast its over right?  A rider comes running up with a letter handing it to Charles he reads it his facial features speaks volume as he tucks it away and startes ordering all the men into ranks they are to make all haste back to middenheim.  Those he asks whats the matter he answers only with when we arrive i will tell everyone.

As the army marches into middenheim the brave lads are given brief leave while all the unit leaders along with unit leaders of another army are to report.

Men I have only grieve news for you this fight is not over yet there is a Dark Elf raiding party heading for the city we have one day to prepare are defenses for the upcoming siege we have sent out riders but they are believed to be dead!  You have 3 hours leave but report back here after settling in for some rest.  After that I will give orders and what you are to do!

Note: I will open up a new thread for this next battle but sign-ups will be in the same thread please repost your units in the sign-up thread!

User#364

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2004, 06:15:50 AM »
Warrior...
Can there be a little H.E rear guard...
I mean you are fighting H.E?

What do you say?

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2004, 06:23:45 AM »
I really would like to keep this all Empire but i think ill work you in post your unit type in sign-up thread.  Only doing this because you came too our aid to fight your most hated enemy!

User#364

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2004, 06:27:10 AM »
Thats the reason why Im coming in..
Where do I sign up?

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2004, 06:30:53 AM »
Note: I will open up a new thread for this next battle but sign-ups will be in the same thread please repost your units in the sign-up thread!

NEW EMPIRE RPG=sign- ups again!

User#364