home

Author Topic: New edition of WFRP coming soon!  (Read 2419 times)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
New edition of WFRP coming soon!
« on: April 30, 2004, 02:58:19 PM »
The Black Library are going to release a new edition of WFRP!

BL Publishing, Games Workshop PLC’s highly successful publishing division, is proud to announce its new roleplaying games imprint, Black Industries.

Black Industries’ first release will be a new edition of the classic Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, while other games based on Games Workshop properties, as well as major licensed products, are also in development.

Developed in close conjunction with Green Ronin Publishing, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay is expected to ship in the first half of 2005. “I am delighted to announce this new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay,” says Simon Butler, head of Black Industries, “and in Green Ronin we have a developer who shares both our passion for the world of Warhammer, and our commitment to producing innovative and immensely enjoyable roleplaying games of the very highest quality.”

“Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 are two of the best properties in gaming,” says Green Ronin’s President Chris Pramas, “and they deserve top quality RPG treatment. We are honoured to be working with BL Publishing to make these games a reality.”

Originally launched in 1986, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay marked a revolution in the roleplaying arena, combining startlingly original game design with the dark and brooding background of the Warhammer world. The new edition will capture all of the depth and enjoyment of the original, with a revised and updated rules system. “We are creating a game that captures perfectly the essence of the Warhammer world, with elegant game mechanics that will be instantly recognisable to the many fans of the original,” adds Butler.

I'm excited, and I posted this on the off-chance someone else might be. :)
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 03:02:56 PM »
[what, no edit function?]

More news:

Already on the schedule are extensive guides to the Empire and Bretonnia, providing background, scenarios, new careers, races, classes and skills. There is also a brand new adventure trilogy in development, starting in the immediate aftermath of the Storm of Chaos, as well as all new supplements dealing with Dwarfs and their mountain holds, weapons, armour and artefacts, Vampires, Skaven and more!

More Empire background!

And the game won't be D20 based!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Malvolio

• Members
Re: New edition of WFRP coming soon!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 03:37:58 PM »
Woohoo!

I wonder how much will be changed, ruleswise.

I also wonder how much, if at all, they'll try to pull the fluff toward convergence with the WFB timeline.

Offline Hagen_von_Loewenstein

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 06:17:13 PM »
Since it's a new, revised edition and since it's "original GW" again, I believe they will match the two differing backgrounds this time. At least I HOPE so. If they do (and only IF), I'll be one of the first to get my copy, I assure You. ;)

Offline FlameKnight

• Members
  • in your base, killing your dudes
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2004, 08:35:53 AM »
Hurrah! I'm looking forward to that background guide, might interesting. I hope the backgrounds will be the samefor the two games though.

Offline deepfat

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2004, 11:16:38 AM »
Quote from: rufus sparkfire
[what, no edit function?]

More news:

Already on the schedule are extensive guides to the Empire and Bretonnia, providing background, scenarios, new careers, races, classes and skills. There is also a brand new adventure trilogy in development, starting in the immediate aftermath of the Storm of Chaos, as well as all new supplements dealing with Dwarfs and their mountain holds, weapons, armour and artefacts, Vampires, Skaven and more!

More Empire background!

And the game won't be D20 based!

That sounds very interesting, perticularly the bit about the dwarfs and the tie in with Soc should convert some of the table topers, to roleplaying side of things.

Thanks for the info Rufus.
There's an old army sayin "tough luck for you" - Sergeant Jackrum Tenth infantry otherwise know as the "Ins-and-outs"

Offline Totmacher

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 09:50:32 PM »
Yay!  I get to help playtest the new rules!  Can't wait to get my hands on them.

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2004, 06:14:37 AM »
Hmm very interestign if I could get ahold of this i might help me make some kick *** rpg's!
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

Offline dead 'ard greatsword

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2004, 10:15:59 PM »
yay! sounds good..... i've heard people talk of the old one but I never understood them..... and warrrior you already make some great rpg's
in the meantime you should look at the eternal citadel guide... that rufus presented :-D  :-D
i'm back and better than ever...
i'm back from making things better...

Fear The Pedigree!!!

Lord Of The Flaggelents Of Nuln