home

Author Topic: A Grand Tournement of the Ages!  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Ser Sterling

• Members
A Grand Tournement of the Ages!
« on: August 13, 2004, 11:39:38 PM »
Good Sers,

Greetings, I am here from the Bretonnian Stronghold, Montreford. If any Empire players would like to join this mighty joust (Arena of Death), they may do so by posting here. There are few openings left, with Bretonnians and High Elf Princes fighting to get in. Let's see some of the true Emperor's force in this mighty joust. There are a total of 32 spots, with 27 taken up between the HE and Bretts. This is an invitation from the the Halls of Montreford.

Rules:

You pick a Lord (the equivelant to a Bretonnian Lord) and you have to be mounted on a barded steed. There is a magical item limit to which ever your profile says. Usually this would be 100pts. You have to take a lance, and whatever falls in your hands. No arcane items, or banners. This does count as a challenge. You and your opponant both count as charging, so lances get their 2+ to strength. You will keep doing so (charging) until you or the opponant is reduced to 0 wounds. If you ever are reduced to 1 wound, then you are to fall off your horse and continue the fight on foot. With your opponant being honorable and all, he has to dismount also, 'The Honor of Dismounting'.

Let's see the Empire participate, as even our allies, the High Elves have done so. We would be deeply hurt if our invitation were not excepted. We look to a grand joust with Empire participating. Good day!

~Ser Sterling, the Knight of Flowers and carrier of the Horn of Spring....

Offline Elkwyn

• Members
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 01:21:43 AM »
I'd like to hear it explained better but here's my entry either way.

Grand Master Artur Burkhard - Templar Grand Master of the Knights Eagle
Sword of Fate, Holy Relic, Lance, Full Plate Armour, Shield
Barded Warhorse

He'd use the Sword of Fate no matter what unless you have to use your lance while mounted, in which case he'd use the sword once the dismounted part comes in.
"Less power, more force."

Offline Ser Sterling

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 02:39:20 AM »
WOW! You guys are a harsh bunch :?  Well here are the rules for picking characters:

-Each character must be legal in sense of rules.

-Each character must ride a steed (not a monster), and be armed with lance or (if not availiable) a spear. If character has no option to take steed, spear or lance, cannot be entered. Magical weapons other then lances and spears are allowed, but will be used only while fighting on foot, after one of characters is unhorsed.

-No shooting weapon may be used on arena field, nor breach weapon. No Spells or Bound Spells can be used.

-The races availiable are these known to have good or at least correct relations with Bretonnians, and which would be interested in entering the joust fluffwise. These are surely High Elves, Empire, Wood Elves and Dogs of War.

Okay, the rules of engagement:

You start out in charge distance from your opponant. The signal is raised and you both charge, therefore you strike simo. All attacks are hit against the opponant using his and your WS. You keep doing this procedure until one of you is reduced to 0 wounds, like a joust right? Also, if one of you is reduced to 1 wound, you fall off your horse and continue the fight on foot. With your opponant being an honorable knight or elf, he will dismount as he would not run down a fellow opponant. You use lances while mounted, and if one of you are to fall off, you may use any magical items other than arcane and banners. 'One Use Items' you get to use once against an opponant. If you are lucky enough to beat your opponant and continue on the the next round, your 'Item' replenishes and you get to use it against the new opponant, and so on.

There that's it, and I will post any results on this forum...If it's not me that does it, it will be Etienne that will. He's a member here. Thanks!

Any fluff you'd like to go with that? It's quite nice if there is fluff with the character, as it helps the host make his matches unique.

~Ser Sterling....

Offline Elkwyn

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 03:06:49 AM »
Well I guess I could give some fluff a go...

Artur Burkhard was born on the borders of Ostland and Hochland.  At the age of 7, he was sent off to serve as a page for Sir Konrad Bors in northern Ostland, and eventually became his chief squire.  He learned the martial arts of being a knight quickly.  He accompanied Sir Konrad in a battle against an large Goblin army coming from the south and was knighted on the field of battle after he recovered Sir Konrad's standard amid a group of goblins.  He joined the Order of the Knights Eagle and rose in rank as he proved his heroism time and again in battle.  As a member of the Inner Circle he defended his Grand Master as his comrades fell about him, and eventually led a charge devastating the enemy line.  When the Grand Master of the Order died a year later, Artur succeeded him.  He now is in high favor with the Count of Ostland and commands many of Count von Raukov's armies.  One such army of Ostland that he commanded defeated a vast horde of Chaos, in which he struck down a Grand Herald of Khorne, who was in command of the force.  On return to the captial, Artur recieved the Laurels of Victory and became celebrated throughout the Empire.  He has a large armory and became the Champion of the Count in tournament and has become accustomed to fighting in single combat.

Same applies
Templar Grand Master
Sword of Fate, Holy Relic, Lance, Full Plate Armour, Shield
Barded Warhorse

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 11:59:39 PM »
William the Valiant  <--they call him this due to his deeds in battle!  he ahs no last name!

Grand Templar Master of Rogue Knights
  sword of power, AOMI
  Barded Warhorse

Fluff later where will thsi be played out at?
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

Offline Ser Sterling

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 06:01:48 AM »
Its played at, oh well here it is:

http://www.bretonnia.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=12

I don't know if I'm aloud to post this link, as some sites don't like it....

Anyways, there is one slot left after WARRIOR here, do send your fluff soon, k?

Also, for any of those that are playing, Elkwyn and WARRIOR....including your fluff, you may include a picture of your choice to be included with your fluff. Like mine is for my character, Ser Sterling, the Knight of the Blood Rose:

http://www.jaestudio.com/KnightofFlowers.jpg

About the link, well I was planning on posting the results here, so you guys wouldn't have to go over there to see it.

~Ser Sterling....

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 07:18:01 AM »
OOC:  What if we dont have a picture???

William the Valiant is well known amongst the surfs and peasent folks he was said to have been orphaned as a child and adopted by one of the local lords up North after saving their life at the age of 17! Hense William the Valiant.  After that at the age of 26 William began to gain followers to form his rogue knights which is basically a unit of hearty rangers.  He heard about a grand tournament and his men insisted that he go and prove his worth.  So now William stands before the tournament to represent him and his men.  

OOC:  Sorry I am very tired it is 2 a.m. so this is it for now lol!  When do we report?
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

Offline Ser Sterling

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 12:47:31 AM »
JOINING IS NOW CLOSED!!!!!!

Just go find a picture online, that's what I did....It could be something you found on the net, or a piece of art you have created.

Report in? Well, the tournement will start in roughly about 4-5 days. I will post the results here on forum, as a new topic. Just do whatever you guys do on this forum, and in a few days, you'll see the results.

To let you know, there are 32 contestents; 2 of them being Empire players, 11 of them being HE, 18 of them Bretonnia, and a unknown contender of unknown abilities (something about Druchii comes to mind).

~Ser Sterling....

Offline Elkwyn

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 03:29:58 AM »
Just wondering, if I'm to put a picture for him, where should I post it?  Here?  Or make a link of some sort?  Thanks.

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2004, 03:28:40 AM »
I have yet to get a picture do i really need one or is this their some i can look out you know a good place?

User#364